Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spawns are still way too low (map specific). Solo is sometimes unplayable.

Monolake

Experience from countless random survivals, mostly arbitrations where LS is even lower than usual - thus low spawns making solo unplayable.

Lua survival on a big map (one with rift): spawn are super low full squad, mobs are playing hide and seek, getting stuck someplace, boring. Solo = completely unplayable.

Grineer asteroid (big map) spawns are pretty low full squad, have to activate support, boring since you have not much to kill just roam the map (once we were sitting all together in a large room and still not getting enough mobs, low LS, boring. Solo it is even worse.

Corpus ship (old map) - spawns can be bad, especially when players are spread out. Several times we ran out of support even before 20 minutes! full squad when everyone was running alone.  Other times its ok in groups. Solo it's still very low, you fight 3-4 mobs at a time and have to activate all the capsules - couldn't make an hr despite oneshotting everything at that level (155)

Eurpoa Excavation - I dont even bother playing since spawns get broken regularly and you could spend literally minutes waiting for the carriers to appear even full squad, solo excavations are just terrible with spawns and everyone knows it - its been like that for years and badly needs fixing.

Please fix the spawns issues and especially solo - low spawns dont make it any easier, the very opposite, it makes it boring and impossible to go far. (you may say new players need less spawns solo, but for highlievel missions like arbitration there is no excuse to have spawns this low). 

And once again its map-dependent, for example Void survivals dont have this problem.

36 minutes ago, Monolake said:

have to activate support

there.
is.
nothing.
strange.
about.
having to activate Life Support in a Survival Mission if you don't have l00t Multiplying Abilities generating a lot of extra Pickups.

that's exactly how Survival is supposed to work. that you do use the Life Support Towers.
if you want to stand in one location, you have l00t Abilities to enable that for you

Tileset and Level Seed specific issues notwithstanding, but the signal to noise Ratio on Survival is always so high when people have the expectation of never using a Life Support Tower in Survival without any l00t Abilities.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

having to activate Life Support in a Survival Mission if you don't have l00t Multiplying Abilities generating a lot of extra Pickups.

that's exactly how Survival is supposed to work. that you do use the Life Support Towers.
if you want to stand in one location, you have l00t Abilities to enable that for you

Tileset and Level Seed specific issues notwithstanding, but the signal to noise Ratio on Survival is always so high when people have the expectation of never using a Life Support Tower in Survival without any l00t Abilities.

read again: there are not enough spawns, we kill everything on sight, when spawn are sufficient you barely need to touch capsules

and whats with obnoxious formating?

Edited by Monolake

16 minutes ago, Monolake said:

read again: there are not enough spawns, we kill everything on sight, when spawn are sufficient you barely need to touch capsules

This is evidence the spawns are too much given the conceit of the game mode. If your idea of "proper" spawns is to never touch a tower for a couple hours, you aren't going to be listened to.

I usually do arbitrations solo without Nekros.

Find a corridor that isn't connected to a big room from more than one direction and stay there (starting area is often good enough), may have to activate a lifesupport (or three) in a 30 min game but usually spawns are enough to keep going.

Infested are best though, the other factions try to find cover which forces you to go find them which spreads out the spawns. This is my problem with Survival, moving around is bad but standing in one spot for even 30 minutes is extremely boring. Would prefer much more aggressive mob repositioning (like in Killing Floor 2 where they are in your face all the time) rather than just increasing numbers.

16 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is evidence the spawns are too much given the conceit of the game mode. If your idea of "proper" spawns is to never touch a tower for a couple hours, you aren't going to be listened to.

I'll try again in simple words: no spawns - no enemies to fight - no gameplay, no mission progress, its boring or downright unplayable. Please read the original post and see included screenshots to understand better (2 enemies on the map, boredom, no batteries for excavation for minutes, no LS for survival progress). Its a gamebreaking issue that needs a fix.  Please bother to read before you start to argue against improving the game.

Edited by Monolake

8 hours ago, Unimira said:

I usually do arbitrations solo without Nekros.

Find a corridor that isn't connected to a big room from more than one direction and stay there (starting area is often good enough), may have to activate a lifesupport (or three) in a 30 min game but usually spawns are enough to keep going.

Infested are best though, the other factions try to find cover which forces you to go find them which spreads out the spawns. This is my problem with Survival, moving around is bad but standing in one spot for even 30 minutes is extremely boring. Would prefer much more aggressive mob repositioning (like in Killing Floor 2 where they are in your face all the time) rather than just increasing numbers.

Its largely map-dependent, some maps dont have any issues. others are just unplayable with 2-3 mobs spawning. You'd have more spawns solo on Mot than whole team on one of bad maps. And you cant sit since you have to run capsules or run out.

Edited by Monolake

Lack of enemies and slow enemy spawns are annoying.

1. Exterminate lack of enemies are the worst. Marker at extraction with not enough enemies killed. This includes spy turned to exterminate where the game doesn't show how many enemies needed to kill, until host migration.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1130252-video-spy-turned-to-exterminate-green-marker-only-host-migration-will-show-kill-counter/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1114865-exterminate-missions-no-enemies-to-kill/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1054670-does-nightmare-enemy-specters-count-as-enemy-eliminated/
The problem used to happen on Uranus and Lua, but not much anymore. Still this is a problem that isn't fixed on all exterminate missions or spy/capture turned exterminate missions.

2. Excavation after other players extract: enemies everywhere, but no power cells.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1116231-when-other-player-extract-no-more-power-cell-drops-in-excavation/
Other times, little to no enemies, until I found some location where the enemies with power cells were stuck.

3. Survival lack of enemies. I rarely have this problem, most of the time it is just the enemies getting stuck somewhere. Live support comes every 1 minute, but only give about 45 seconds of life support.

4. Survival solo have less enemies then multiplayer squads. Compared to solo, I can get about 1.5 times more enemy kills in a 2 player squad with 1 idling and "dead" so I am by myself.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1100028-setting-for-solos-to-spawn-more-mobs/

Hi there

I'd definitely prefer the sort of spawns you get from a sortie rescue just after you've rescued the NPC to be incorporated into survival, I associate survival as fighting massive hordes and waves of enemies, not trying to survive on meager oxygen drops, though it could be argued that they're both a form of survival, standing around twiddling your thumbs in between spawns is less fun. ☺️

There's also a disparity when running fissures, during extermination for example, you could have all 10 reactants in 30 seconds, where as survival, excavation and interception the reactant drops are much scarcer, every now again being stuck with 8 or 9 reactants when the mission ends.

The spawning and pathing of enemies could use a bit of tweaking. ☺️

Cheers then

Splitting spawns in Excavations will always lead to problems, from the Europa screenshot I can see your teammates are nowhere to be seen in your immediate area and you have excavators active, those are the two ingredients you need to royally mess up your run. Stick to one excavator unless another one spawns in the same room, that way you won't twiddle your thumbs

Solo spawns are gimped for what I hope are obvious reasons (personal PTSD flashbacks to floors covered in sapping osprey...no, no please). ESO was supposed to be the answer to the itch for more spawns but alas it was made accessible and bite size

I would have said the same thing, only about the Lotus not dropping enough LS towers, or deliberately dropping them way the hell away from you. It's like, seriously, you digital b*ch, whose side are you on??!

Nothing like hearing the lotus say over and over, "Another life support tower has been delivered," only to look at the map and see she dropped it 300m away from you, rather than at one of the LS tower locations nearby.

Very annoying. Are we here to help a tenno operative, or just amuse the Lotus as we run frantically around the map, trying to reach the out of the way locations she drops the damned towers in?

2 hours ago, (NSW)Mycroft said:

It'd be nice if you could somehow 'antagonise' the game to produce more enemies, some kind of buff or consumable that floods the level in a short burst, should you need it.

I really like the idea of a spawn booster blueprint, you could tier it so you could perhaps have x2, x3 and x5 blueprints, this would also give us hoarders a reason to use our stockpile of resources that sit there gathering dust. ☺️

Nice