Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What kind of personality or quirk you wish to be added on kuva liches?

1 hour ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

I’m sensing a trend from you. Do you just hate ballerinas? What did they ever do to you?

ballet racoon GIF

Someone decided that Revenant needed to be a vampire and in turn his abilities suck and don’t fit his lore.

I’m waging a one man war to get Revenant reworked to be properly Eidolon themed and actually good.

Tho for the record I don’t hate Danse Macabre. It’s the best part of his kit and actually Eidolon themed. And just kind of stands as a representation of what the rest of Revenant could have been if someone didn’t completely disregard the obvious Eidolon theme because they wanted a vampire.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

1 hour ago, Sept3var said:

I didnt even realise liches had quirks till i read this thread, do they even make any difference to them? Havent really seen much differences between each lich apart from how they look and what abilities they use.

In combat, no real change. It mostly makes them spout voicelines after they spawn in

I.e. "Fear of being alone" makes them spout a voiceline if you've killed all their thralls (even if, bizarrely, there are plenty of non-Thrall Grineer nearby)

Here's a full list, including the two or three that actually do affect combat

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Someone decided that Revenant needed to be a vampire and in turn his abilities suck and don’t fit his lore.

I’m waging a one man war to get Revenant reworked to be properly Eidolon themed and actually good.

Tho for the record I don’t hate Danse Macabre. It’s the best part of his kit and actually Eidolon themed. And just kind of stands as a representation of what the rest of Revenant could have been if someone didn’t completely disregard the obvious Eidolon theme because they wanted a vampire.

Thrall? Sure. It started off as a vampire themed ability, but it’s totally within the realm to have some sort of enthralling call to summon allies. Eidalons do this with vombalists to heal itself. Lotus was mind controlled. It’s possible that it’s an ability of sentients that we haven’t seen developed yet in game besides these two examples. Who knows? Maybe when we find out more about the Old War we’ll see other sentient troop designs. 

Mesmer skin, the closest approximation is actually from the symbolists. Their shield-arm can break and does a burst effect. Haven’t been able to tell if it damages me; arcane tanker nezha halo makes sentient damage laughable. 

Reave is basically a vombalist dash, and we all know the dreaded disco ball that conculists? Battalist? I’m too lazy to spell or wiki the details, but you get the gist for his fourth already so *shrug* 

I mean, Dracula Frame would have been hilarious to see, sure, but Rev doesn’t feel like a reflavoured/reskinned concept. It could be much, much worse in terms of concept vs. published. 

(If you really want to see a nose dive in terms of character assassination, look what they did to Uldren in Destiny. He originally was a cool spymaster ally that gave out missions.) 

33 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Thrall? Sure. It started off as a vampire themed ability, but it’s totally within the realm to have some sort of enthralling call to summon allies. Eidalons do this with vombalists to heal itself. Lotus was mind controlled. It’s possible that it’s an ability of sentients that we haven’t seen developed yet in game besides these two examples. Who knows? Maybe when we find out more about the Old War we’ll see other sentient troop designs. 

Mesmer skin, the closest approximation is actually from the symbolists. Their shield-arm can break and does a burst effect. Haven’t been able to tell if it damages me; arcane tanker nezha halo makes sentient damage laughable. 

Reave is basically a vombalist dash, and we all know the dreaded disco ball that conculists? Battalist? I’m too lazy to spell or wiki the details, but you get the gist for his fourth already so *shrug* 

I mean, Dracula Frame would have been hilarious to see, sure, but Rev doesn’t feel like a reflavoured/reskinned concept. It could be much, much worse in terms of concept vs. published. 

(If you really want to see a nose dive in terms of character assassination, look what they did to Uldren in Destiny. He originally was a cool spymaster ally that gave out missions.) 

You’re really doing this?

Eidolons do not have to Mind Control the vombulysts for them to assist the Eidolons. Eidolons also do not have any form of mind control capabilities. The Lotus was mind controlled by the Orokin. So using that as an excuse to justify mind control on an Eidolon frame is a massive leap in logic. Because it’s the Orokin with the Mind Control technology, not the Sentients. And the idea that they’re supposed to represent vombulysts is insulting to people’s basic intelligence.

Revenant came out before those types of sentient were even introduced. Not that it matters because even with those Sentients taken into consideration because it still doesn’t make any sense for an Eidolon themed Warframe to have a defense ability like Mesmer Skin. Hell the whole ability was designed to represent the way vampires hypnotize their victims.

Before Reave was the vomby dash it was a paper thin wall of mist. Because vampires turn into mist. They changed it because people hated that mist texture. Just because they painted over this vampire ability with sentient colors does not automatically make it an Eidolon themed ability. It still functions like it does when they were making Revenant into a vampire frame. So it’s still a vampire power.

I don’t know what you’re talking about with the whole reflavor/reskin thing. What happened with Revenant is that they had the concept art for the way his character model looks, but for some god forbidden reason Rebecca had some form of creative control over his ability direction and completely disregarded the extremely obvious Eidolon theme of his appearance, and made him into a vampire. You can even go back to his reveal stream and they call him the vampire frame. The only reason he has Danse Macabre, the only properly Eidolon themed ability, is because Steve himself said that the frame that looks like an Eidolon needs to actually have Eidolons abilities.

So now he have this frame that’s the worst in ability design, thematic representation, and performance. There is nothing in this game that is worse than Revenant. He’s a complete f***ing joke of a Warframe. And his rework cannot come soon enough.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re really doing this?

Eidolons do not have to Mind Control the vombulysts for them to assist the Eidolons. Eidolons also do not have any form of mind control capabilities. The Lotus was mind controlled by the Orokin. So using that as an excuse to justify mind control on an Eidolon frame is a massive leap in logic. Because it’s the Orokin with the Mind Control technology, not the Sentients. And the idea that they’re supposed to represent vombulysts is insulting to people’s basic intelligence.

Revenant came out before those types of sentient were even introduced. Not that it matters because even with those Sentients taken into consideration because it still doesn’t make any sense for an Eidolon themed Warframe to have a defense ability like Mesmer Skin. Hell the whole ability was designed to represent the way vampires hypnotize their victims.

Before Reave was the vomby dash it was a paper thin wall of mist. Because vampires turn into mist. They changed it because people hated that mist texture. Just because they painted over this vampire ability with sentient colors does not automatically make it an Eidolon themed ability. It still functions like it does when they were making Revenant into a vampire frame. So it’s still a vampire power.

I don’t know what you’re talking about with the whole reflavor/reskin thing. What happened with Revenant is that they had the concept art for the way his character model looks, but for some god forbidden reason Rebecca had some form of creative control over his ability direction and completely disregarded the extremely obvious Eidolon theme of his appearance, and made him into a vampire. You can even go back to his reveal stream and they call him the vampire frame. The only reason he has Danse Macabre, the only properly Eidolon themed ability, is because Steve himself said that the frame that looks like an Eidolon needs to actually have Eidolons abilities.

So now he have this frame that’s the worst in ability design, thematic representation, and performance. There is nothing in this game that is worse than Revenant. He’s a complete f***ing joke of a Warframe. And his rework cannot come soon enough.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable
Considering how nyx and zephyr went, good luck m8. And it’s not like WF has ret-conned half of their content because they had a story idea. We barely know anything about sentients other than hurr durr ribcage and fleshy-skinny robots. Maybe there is a bit of hive minding going on behind the scenes; can’t discredit the possibility when we have so little to work with. Also!-sometimes! Warframe designs make zero sense to correlate with their powers! Wisp has no feet, ghostly themes and yet uses sun and flower power. Sayrn is literally a noble gas, yet we get fungus/flower themes. Point is: I’m sorry you didn’t get Alucard Prime, and that Rev isn’t exactly what you wanted. DE can’t cater to everyone, and it’s not the biggest issue on their plate right now. RJ is still a bit of a dumpster fire of glitches, and it’s not uncommon to fail to load open world content. Aesthetic for just you is probably the least of their concern. 

and if you’re having trouble in performance playing as him, (though I doubt you ever equip him since this is like the... fifth? time I’ve seen you complain about him and I’m new to forums), he’s serviceable, and his skill sets are decent enough to bring in higher level end game missions. 

On 2019-11-15 at 11:14 PM, Corvid said:

I'd like to see a "Soft Spoken" personality type.

Imagine Bob Ross as an 8 foot tall armoured cyborg, and you're pretty much there.

Then again, imagination isn't really necessary...

IMG_20191106_100623.jpg

Reminds me of

5b53299d81fa4.jpeg

38 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable
Considering how nyx and zephyr went, good luck m8. And it’s not like WF has ret-conned half of their content because they had a story idea. We barely know anything about sentients other than hurr durr ribcage and fleshy-skinny robots. Maybe there is a bit of hive minding going on behind the scenes; can’t discredit the possibility when we have so little to work with. Also!-sometimes! Warframe designs make zero sense to correlate with their powers! Wisp has no feet, ghostly themes and yet uses sun and flower power. Sayrn is literally a noble gas, yet we get fungus/flower themes. Point is: I’m sorry you didn’t get Alucard Prime, and that Rev isn’t exactly what you wanted. DE can’t cater to everyone, and it’s not the biggest issue on their plate right now. RJ is still a bit of a dumpster fire of glitches, and it’s not uncommon to fail to load open world content. Aesthetic for just you is probably the least of their concern. 

and if you’re having trouble in performance playing as him, (though I doubt you ever equip him since this is like the... fifth? time I’ve seen you complain about him and I’m new to forums), he’s serviceable, and his skill sets are decent enough to bring in higher level end game missions. 

I wanted an Eidolon frame. Not a vampire frame. Actually no I would’ve also liked a vampire frame. But we shouldn’t have to sacrifice one good Warframe theme for another just for the outcome to be a garbage Warframe.

Saryns name also doesn’t have anything to do with noble gases. Wisps theme was never ghost, Zephyr is the wind frame and DE has a habit of having an animal like appearance to frames with that animal matching the frames overall gameplay theme. Having a frame that looks like an Eidolon and has a backstory design exclusively with Eidolons yet their abilities being vampire themed makes absolutely zero sense. It’s not a matter of catering to everyone. It’s a matter of someone deliberately ignoring a Warframes obvious theme for their own selfish reasons. And how their actions ruined what could’ve been one of the coolest frames in the game and instead gave us a collection of recycled abilities and F tier performance. Literally every frame that’s not Nyx can outperform him in one way or another.

Revenant bashing is basically my personality trait. You’re going to see a lot of it from me. My only advice is get used to it or start pushing for a rework, because that’s the only way I’m going to stop.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I wanted an Eidolon frame. Not a vampire frame. Actually no I would’ve also liked a vampire frame. But we shouldn’t have to sacrifice one good Warframe theme for another just for the outcome to be a garbage Warframe.

Saryns name also doesn’t have anything to do with noble gases. Wisps theme was never ghost, Zephyr is the wind frame and DE has a habit of having an animal like appearance to frames with that animal matching the frames overall gameplay theme. Having a frame that looks like an Eidolon and has a backstory design exclusively with Eidolons yet their abilities being vampire themed makes absolutely zero sense. It’s not a matter of catering to everyone. It’s a matter of someone deliberately ignoring a Warframes obvious theme for their own selfish reasons. And how their actions ruined what could’ve been one of the coolest frames in the game and instead gave us a collection of recycled abilities and F tier performance. Literally every frame that’s not Nyx can outperform him in one way or another.

Revenant bashing is basically my personality trait. You’re going to see a lot of it from me. My only advice is get used to it or start pushing for a rework, because that’s the only way I’m going to stop.

Sayrn isn’t a noble gas, herp derp brain fart. Nerve agent. Which makes the idea of spores/flower based character design even more strange. 

if you self proclaim that hating one arbitrary collection of pixels and made up characters on a superfuture sci-fi game is your entire personality? 

big yikes. I can’t believe I read that with my own two eyes. Had to do a double take to make sure I read that correctly. 

who hurt you? Seriously. A quick glance at post history is entirely about throwing a perfectly fine Warframe in the trash can simply because you don’t think the abilities match the design. 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones

6 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

who hurt you? Seriously. A quick glance at post history is entirely about throwing a perfectly fine Warframe in the trash can simply because you don’t think the abilities match the design. 

Stop calling Revenant “perfectly fine”. He’s not. He is trash. He has the worst ability design in the game. And I don’t think that his abilities don’t match the design. It’s painfully obvious the abilities don’t match the design. Eidolons share absolutely zero in common with vampires. Eidolons are big hulking behemoths that fire lasers and s***. Vampires a mythical creatures that turn into bats, Mind Control, and drink blood.

But if you insist that I only “think” his abilities don’t match then go ahead and try to justify the vampire theme. Many have tried before you and all have failed.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Stop calling Revenant “perfectly fine”. He’s not. He is trash. He has the worst ability design in the game. And I don’t think that his abilities don’t match the design. It’s painfully obvious the abilities don’t match the design. Eidolons share absolutely zero in common with vampires. Eidolons are big hulking behemoths that fire lasers and s***. Vampires a mythical creatures that turn into bats, Mind Control, and drink blood.

But if you insist that I only “think” his abilities don’t match then go ahead and try to justify the vampire theme. Many have tried before you and all have failed.

His abilities have more synergy than quite a lot of frames, and they benefit his survivability, energy, and provide unique cc. The only way I can think you would call him trash would be if you just spammed four until you ran out of energy and went back to good ol’ catchmoon or arca plasmoring hallways.  

in the interest of staying on topic: having a Litch with Gear’s quirk where they irrationally hate a certain Warframe. Doesn’t have to be the one used to spawn the litch, just any random frame. 

18 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

His abilities have more synergy than quite a lot of frames, and they benefit his survivability, energy, and provide unique cc. The only way I can think you would call him trash would be if you just spammed four until you ran out of energy and went back to good ol’ catchmoon or arca plasmoring hallways.  

in the interest of staying on topic: having a Litch with Gear’s quirk where they irrationally hate a certain Warframe. Doesn’t have to be the one used to spawn the litch, just any random frame. 

Synergy =\= good. Old Saryn is a testment to that. And Revenant actually requires his synergies for his abilities to do anything. But that’s undercut by the fact that his 1, the anchor for his synergies, doesn’t stick around long enough to actually be used.

You’re also clearly valuing complexity over actual performance. Which is pretty concerning.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Synergy =\= good. Old Saryn is a testment to that. And Revenant actually requires his synergies for his abilities to do anything. But that’s undercut by the fact that his 1, the anchor for his synergies, doesn’t stick around long enough to actually be used.

Old Sayrn is similar to old Reaper in Overwatch. Congrats! You got Play Of The Game for doing nothing other than walking into a room and pressing Y. I’d much rather have infinite scaling with utility, thanks. And even then, the fourth ability shouldn’t be considered anything like an ult. There are plenty of Warframes that have much better skills in their kit. Wisp 3 hitting so many numbers you have to record it and pause to count the number of decimals and laugh at it?-or a pretty laser beam that while interesting, takes significantly more energy and time to kill enemies. 

If you’re having trouble with duration, take off trans fortitude and slap on a half ranked blind rage instead. With his energy gain from synergies, running a prime continuity without a corrupted mod will help your build quite a lot. Or, to really get in theme, use umbras to up his base health and armor at the same time. Plus, the tau resistance kind of fits the theme. You know. Since you’re concerned about that. 

Personalities?? Well :

Crazy : sprout nonsense,act weird(sometime stole something from us,sometimes gift us something),shoot everyone without any discrimination (foe and friend alike).

Friendly : talk in friendly manner,whenever we get killed he/she would say something like : "Oh i am so sorry friend,but were mean.And mean child needs to be PUNISHED!!"

Corpus Hater : Whenever see Corpus becames fixated about them,start speak about them then proceed to rampage

Caring : Whenever we kill Grineer unit,lich goes beserk sprouting lines about how monstrous and cruel we are etc,otherwise speaks fondly about Grinner and Queens

Pet Lover : Whenever we have Kubrow or Kavat,lich remarks about them saying something like "Oh what a cutie!! Don't mind if i take it when i KILL U!!" plus some funny quotes whenever lich get spanked by pet

Sentient Lover : Having armor with Sentient units parts as decoration,praising Sentients,Hunhow and other main character from that faction

Drunkard : aka Smashed Lich everytime,speaks in slurry manner ,have burning liquor attack aka instead throwing grenade throws bottle of burning liquor at us that burn us and make our camera acting like Wf would be tipsy:D

Screamer instead blah blah blah Lich would scream,grunt and make other noises:D

Edited by Syq111

2 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Hair Brained - The litch forgets what side they're fighting for and instead of attack you, starts attacking the Grineer for a short time similar to being effected by Rad.

There's a quirk like that in the game. Paranoia btw don't convert a lich with it they will kill you when coming in as a assist 

3 hours ago, (XB1)TheRosenBones said:

Old Sayrn is similar to old Reaper in Overwatch. Congrats! You got Play Of The Game for doing nothing other than walking into a room and pressing Y. I’d much rather have infinite scaling with utility, thanks. And even then, the fourth ability shouldn’t be considered anything like an ult. There are plenty of Warframes that have much better skills in their kit. Wisp 3 hitting so many numbers you have to record it and pause to count the number of decimals and laugh at it?-or a pretty laser beam that while interesting, takes significantly more energy and time to kill enemies. 

If you’re having trouble with duration, take off trans fortitude and slap on a half ranked blind rage instead. With his energy gain from synergies, running a prime continuity without a corrupted mod will help your build quite a lot. Or, to really get in theme, use umbras to up his base health and armor at the same time. Plus, the tau resistance kind of fits the theme. You know. Since you’re concerned about that. 

I never said Danse was a perfect ability. It’s still a “press 4 to win” ability. But the fact that it’s that and was added in at the tail end of development, and it makes the rest of his abilities completely redundant. That’s bad design. And the fact that it’s the only properly Eidolon themed ability is just teasing what Revenant could’ve been if they actually made him Eidolons themed.

The issue isn’t duration with Thralls. The issue is anything can kill them. And squadmates will kill them before Revenant ever gets a chance to Reave them. Not much benefit to having synergies that you’ll never get to use because everybody else is using a better frame.