Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your solutions to bringing back the Co-op feel of Liches?

AnOldAlias

16 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I have heard that Toxin Liches are currently kind of nuts, especially since they can force radiation procs on the team, and we all know how bad friendly fire is in Warframe. Imagine 4 of those showing up, good for comedy value, but in terms of gameplay...I would rather abort the mission if I saw that happen.

The issue of having multiples is that the balance might not support it properly, right now I don't think DE even has enough data to figure out how the numbers are for the Lichs themselves, much less the question of having 4 in one room.

Not only that, game likely can't handle 4 or even 2 Liches at same time very well and it'll cause a lot of technical issues of making it work without crashing Warframe.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

They aren't that bad. If you're dumb enough to face tank it then sure a level 5 toxin lich will wreck you but aside from the ones with a tonkor being able to 1 shot quite a few frames and having unrealistic accuracy, they're not a great spike in difficulty.

It was the Tonkor ones I heard the horror stories about.

Is it similar to how grenades from normal enemies work? By that I mean how they deal "Whatever random amount of damage I feel like doing" or is is a bit more avoidable than that?

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It was the Tonkor ones I heard the horror stories about.

Is it similar to how grenades from normal enemies work? By that I mean how they deal "Whatever random amount of damage I feel like doing" or is is a bit more avoidable than that?

Well put it this way, I found out the hard way that AoE doesn't seem to care about Mesa's shatter shield. With that active and Adaptation, it was a 1 shot  death. My fault for using Mesa, she's just a nice lazy thrall farming method. The rad proc hits, you take massive damage from Smite and the tonkor 1 shots you. You just have to avoid being caught in the open and use operator a bit with a squishy frame. The annoying part is the perfect accuracy(I got midaired by the tonkor lol) and the instant cast of Smite even when they can't see you.

In a group it would be easy mind you, it's just due to in solo they're focused on you. Hilariously however a clan mate jumped in one of my missions without me knowing, using wukong. He got procced and his clone promptly killed me lol.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well put it this way, I found out the hard way that AoE doesn't seem to care about Mesa's shatter shield. With that active and Adaptation, it was a 1 shot  death. My fault for using Mesa, she's just a nice lazy thrall farming method. The rad proc hits, you take massive damage from Smite and the tonkor 1 shots you. You just have to avoid being caught in the open and use operator a bit with a squishy frame. The annoying part is the perfect accuracy(I got midaired by the tonkor lol) and the instant cast of Smite even when they can't see you.

That seems...a bit like it would be a bug rather than a feature, at least for the near impossible accuracy and the AoE being oddly powerful.

Overall the only massive complaints I've heard (aside from ones about players or the system's interactions) were about Tonkor Lichs being like Bombards on steroids.

3 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That seems...a bit like it would be a bug rather than a feature, at least for the near impossible accuracy and the AoE being oddly powerful.

Overall the only massive complaints I've heard (aside from ones about players or the system's interactions) were about Tonkor Lichs being like Bombards on steroids.

Yeh that's not far wrong. But it's only dangerous on squishy frames although you'd think shatter shield would shrug it off.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

But it's only dangerous on squishy frames although you'd think shatter shield would shrug it off.

That's the thing that makes me wonder if the Tonkor AoE doesn't have the same problem as grenades do, I mean I've been killed by one through things like Rhino's Iron Skin at least once or twice by them, and not at high levels either, these occurred on Hydron while I was leveling some weapons.

Though grenades have always been weird to me in Warframe.

13 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's the thing that makes me wonder if the Tonkor AoE doesn't have the same problem as grenades do, I mean I've been killed by one through things like Rhino's Iron Skin at least once or twice by them, and not at high levels either, these occurred on Hydron while I was leveling some weapons.

Though grenades have always been weird to me in Warframe.

Yeh it's odd, it feels like it ignored it completely like a melee attack and I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case. In the same missions I was shrugging off Bombard rockets(they hurt but didn't kill) from level 140 grineer so go figure. 

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy