Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Maiming Strike the way the changed True Steel

lukinu_u

On 2019-11-22 at 6:43 PM, Andele3025 said:

Or make it a 100% chance for 3 levels on crit on slide attack like a vigilante set proc that doesnt stack with anything (and rivens are all sub 100% that dont stack with it/only increase chance for unranked meme strikes, dont provide further crit level). That way its equivalent to what true steel was yee before on high crit weapons and double the effect of just sac steel (no set bonus) or 1 crit level higher than it with set bonus for heavy attack spam builds which on most weapons are 2.5-3.5 times the slide attack damage.

I’m a fan of this suggestion, but would like to mention that it should be an enhancement of 2 crit levels instead of 3 just like how Smeeta’s Charm works when it rolls the crit buff. It’s because when all you do is white damage numbers, if the buff rolls in you’ll do orange numbers. Respectively if you do yellow numbers for crit, they’ll become red crits. 

Going from white to red on a buff like this would just feel too extreme imho.

It’ll be fascinating to see slide attacks having a sort of RNG amount of power tied to them. If you’re lucky you can hit really hard, otherwise it’s a generic gap closer like how tactical forward combos are. The rate in how this “Vigilante” effect performs should be adjusted and balanced accordingly, but I feel that this idea is a great start in reinvigorating Maiming Strike into something that’s not brokenly powerful, but as a viable option for build diversity.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I’m a fan of this suggestion, but would like to mention that it should be an enhancement of 2 crit levels instead of 3 just like how Smeeta’s Charm works when it rolls the crit buff. It’s because when all you do is white damage numbers, if the buff rolls in you’ll do orange numbers. Respectively if you do yellow numbers for crit, they’ll become red crits. 

Going from white to red on a buff like this would just feel too extreme imho.

It’ll be fascinating to see slide attacks having a sort of RNG amount of power tied to them. If you’re lucky you can hit really hard, otherwise it’s a generic gap closer like how tactical forward combos are. The rate in how this “Vigilante” effect performs should be adjusted and balanced accordingly, but I feel that this idea is a great start in reinvigorating Maiming Strike into something that’s not brokenly powerful, but as a viable option for build diversity.

2 levels is standalone functional/perfect if crit remains dumbly unbalanced with hardset builds as it is, tho if blood rush (and base crits) get reverted (for being BIS and doing jack plying corpus nothing; other than initial combo heavy spam builds respectively), it should be 3 levels of crit/equivalent to what true steel gave when stacked at 4x combo due to all of the new values.

Edited by Andele3025

On 2019-11-30 at 4:08 PM, BlackVortex said:

I kill lvl 165 corrupted heavy gunners and corrupted bombards with the press of a single button without having to stack combo counter now

yeah they nerfed one ridiculous overpowered method of killing just so they could introduce another ridiculous overpowered method of killing (my current way is even better than s2w ever was)

this "power reset" is just another way of making money so everyone has to reinvest in said configuration (getting new appropriate rivens and mods if they didnt have them already)

once this type of build is known by too many people, people will start crying about it again and it will get nerfed again.

What exactly are you using to kill level 165 corrupted bombards with 1 button?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-11-20 at 5:22 PM, LascarCapable said:

Gotta see what's the state of the game after that change, but for now melee weapons feel absurdly strong to me. I'd even argue lowering the crit chance values awarded by True Steel could be needed.

The things you don't understand is there are tons of melee weapon in this game which has 5% crit chance. If you nerf this mod you are just killing all the low crit chance melee weapons and there will be no one to use slide attack ever again. The goals of changes and balances is to make things which is unviable in this game to be viable again, and to give your players choices to make to have fun in this game, not to make things in your game completely useless.

3 hours ago, justin0620 said:

The goals of changes and balances is to make things which is unviable in this game to be viable again, and to give your players choices to make to have fun in this game, not to make things in your game completely useless.

yes, the changes were made to make slidecrit less viable
they overdid it
slidecrit is now actually nonviable

conclusion:
DE doesn't know how to balance

Edited by BlackVortex

2 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

yes, the changes were made to make slidecrit less viable
they overdid it
slidecrit is now actually nonviable

conclusion:
DE doesn't know how to balance

The thing is if they want to reduce the number of players to abuse it. they could have reduce the range of those weapons which were heavily abuse. But for now, they nerfed the range and damage which makes it completely useless. There is no point to slide attack in this game anymore.

Edited by justin0620

19 minutes ago, justin0620 said:

The thing is if they want to reduce the number of players to abuse it. they could have reduce the range of those weapons which were heavily abuse. But for now, they nerfed the range and damage which makes it completely useless. There is no point to slide attack in this game anymore.

they should have left slidecrit the way it was, right now normal melee and the heavy attack mechanic is in terms of damage on par or exceeding the old slidecrit in terms of damage

the only difference is that the slidecrit was much faster because of forward momentum, I'm pretty sure thats why they killed it

regardless, right now the stat: Crit on Slide attack now has no right to exist anymore since normal Critical Chance exceeds the values and usability of Crit on Slide attack

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

they should have left slidecrit the way it was, right now normal melee and the heavy attack mechanic is in terms of damage on par or exceeding the old slidecrit in terms of damage

I agree, because of the damage is balance now, it is logical to bring it back because players will not abuse it since spamming e doing combo will be just as efficient. By bringing it back they will make slide attack in this game more relevant.

They must take a serious look because whip weapon are completely useless. Can't remember seeing someone using a attreax since the maiming strike change.

I understand balance but making something that was once overpowered into something that's completely useless is not balance. Its also not fair to some of us that invested a ton of plat/kuva into rivens with the +slide CC roll.

Edited by ADDpillz