Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy rambling about Warframe future

Silvertap

I just woke up with some ideas, and if u have some just share too, no judges here, right?

I was hunting my lich and i was thinking: "Well, we are reaching the point where we won't be able to sell trash lich (kuva weapons with low status), what will i do with it? Wouldn't it be nice if i could just desintegrate then into Kuva, maybe 5k kuva..." And then my mind started to race... : "Wouldn't be nice if with that much spare kuva could be spent like some sort of currency, like if there was a Kuva bazar of some sort, that would have randon limited iten per player by week... We could even trade kuva for some randon resorces, but the kuva prices would be steep"

And then a thongh: "what if that bazar was controled by the Tenno NPC, like the Tennos regrouping and reconstituting the tenno concil (The Concil of the Eternals (already have a name for that too lol))" At this point i started to rambling a lot about the future of warframe, like: "since space mommy went buy cigarettes, now we have to take the wheels and drive, and so the Tenno starte to reorganize, but not like a force of justice, but just as mercenary group, traders, developing tecnologies, and even doing politics...

Well, my thoughts went on, but i just realized that the game has still great potential for story... 

Well, sorry for the bad english, and i just wrote that because at the time i thought i should, but if u guys agree, disagree or heve any other adeas just let it flow, maybe one day someone look at it and feel inspired... or not lol 

The potential is certanly there to develop the tenno to be more freelance. Trouble is, we have experienced what us being guns for hire was like and it was pretty toxic. Think of EVE-lite with the drama and angry posts between clans trying to take over a dark sector. And since Warframe is pretty well known for having a friendly and helpful playerbase, i doubt DE is very gung-ho about giving it another try.

Another problem with a more in-depth mechanics and story is that many, many players just rush through everything. So for DE, its wiser to choose the route of quanity over quality. Lets say there were to put more focus into Kuva Liches for example, how fasts do you think players would manage to rush through in such a speed that instantly, the "unique" character of the lich starts to repeat ?

Other than that, i absolutely agree with you. This game, this universe has so much potential and DE is making sure to keep the field fertile, planting the seeds of future lore and taking us far and wide.

• Like 2

Citation

many players just rush through everything. So for DE, its wiser to choose the route of quanity over quality.

I think it's a vicious circle. Warframe shows the things to do and not what can be done. 

I really think rushing through everything do not do justice to the game however it's the best way to progress so we can't blame people to actually doing it, and there is not much to do that is not a waste of time (pvp is not core game related, lunaro is a waste, open world is same as regular mission in this state), time that we don't have with all the grind.

Damn even lunaro could be great. Just let people play in relays where some folks can watch you in an arena ect, it would much more lively and exciting !

Also made a post about open worlds and their waste in that manner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Space0ddity said:

PLEASE NO

i dont want to grind for more random garbage in some half baked kuva store! i’d rather have real content!

The store thing would be just one more option to use resources, maybe reuse something to incrise objectives or "routes" in game, and end up soil teh fiel for more content, i guess... But i see you u, althought this is a grinding game...

1 hour ago, Erwes said:

I think it's a vicious circle. Warframe shows the things to do and not what can be done. 

I really think rushing through everything do not do justice to the game however it's the best way to progress so we can't blame people to actually doing it, and there is not much to do that is not a waste of time (pvp is not core game related, lunaro is a waste, open world is same as regular mission in this state), time that we don't have with all the grind.

Damn even lunaro could be great. Just let people play in relays where some folks can watch you in an arena ect, it would much more lively and exciting !

Also made a post about open worlds and their waste in that manner. 

Funny thing, some times i see youtubers giving up content and complaining that there is nothing to do... some times i just don't get... The content comes slowly so i think, we players, should embrace it when we have it... i mean, i had plat to buy Grendel whole pack, but i farmed him, otherwise i would just loose one more thing to do...

2 hours ago, LoneDirewolf said:

The potential is certanly there to develop the tenno to be more freelance. Trouble is, we have experienced what us being guns for hire was like and it was pretty toxic. Think of EVE-lite with the drama and angry posts between clans trying to take over a dark sector. And since Warframe is pretty well known for having a friendly and helpful playerbase, i doubt DE is very gung-ho about giving it another try.

Another problem with a more in-depth mechanics and story is that many, many players just rush through everything. So for DE, its wiser to choose the route of quanity over quality. Lets say there were to put more focus into Kuva Liches for example, how fasts do you think players would manage to rush through in such a speed that instantly, the "unique" character of the lich starts to repeat ?

Other than that, i absolutely agree with you. This game, this universe has so much potential and DE is making sure to keep the field fertile, planting the seeds of future lore and taking us far and wide.

I see, i agree that the game must pursue "friendlier" content insted of just create chaos and double hearthed choices, but the potential is all there, i belive they would find a way to do it, i just fear that they won't even try, i'm hope i am wrong xD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneDirewolf said:

It's not an issue that players can rush through content. Being it's a looter shooter people tend to want to collect everything as fast as possible. The issue is there isn't much replay value to it. There is no loop to the grind that feels generally satisfying anymore. You should never pick quantity of quality in game development. Pushing out 8 updates just to say you have content out vs pushing out 2 updates that are Tested, well thought out, playable, unique and original, etc is what warframe needs more of. Also DE should go back and look at older content even the things that have been abandoned and try to revive those. But most importantly manage these idess and processes more 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I remember taking pride in saying this. Then I came on the forums 

Loud minority and all that.

The more accesible something is, the more toxic it is. Its why lore discussions and other more niche parts of warframe forums are genrally quite civil.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It's not an issue that players can rush through content. Being it's a looter shooter people tend to want to collect everything as fast as possible. The issue is there isn't much replay value to it. There is no loop to the grind that feels generally satisfying anymore. You should never pick quantity of quality in game development. Pushing out 8 updates just to say you have content out vs pushing out 2 updates that are Tested, well thought out, playable, unique and original, etc is what warframe needs more of. Also DE should go back and look at older content even the things that have been abandoned and try to revive those. But most importantly manage these idess and processes more 

I want to believe it, but im sceptical. F2P games generally generate revenue and new players by giving them new toys, its the very same reason War Thunder, to this day, seems to refuse to fix the old stuff and give the forum users things they desire instead of a new tank/plane.

In the eyes of DE, id imagine they have a choice of risking it by going back to stuff like dark sector or going forward to release something new and flasy that is sure to bring people, old or new, back to the game. Sometimes they refine stuff, like melee and sometimes, old mechanics get left behind.

But i agree with most you say, resources you gather cant generally be utilised, making it so players have tons and tons of it and every new weapon will either be instantly built or demand a new resource yet again, that they have to farm from 0, which isnt a good economic system so to say, but at this late of a stage, im not quite sure how to fix this.

5 hours ago, -AI-Silvertap said:

I was hunting my lich and i was thinking: "Well, we are reaching the point where we won't be able to sell trash lich (kuva weapons with low status), what will i do with it?

I assumed the point of the Crim Room wasn't to actually sell your Lich for any real value, but to help fellow clanmates complete their mastery collection. "Hey Steve I heard you needed the Kuva Drakgoon. Mine's only 20% Impact but it's still a Kuva Drakgoon"

52 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I remember taking pride in saying this. Then I came on the forums 

I don't use much of the forum, but in game, for me, it is a regular game, it feels like wow used to for me, i mean 10 or 5 years ago...

People are all about their agenda i guess... But, if we can be nice we should... Feels bad to now that u may have been sufering here.

30 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I assumed the point of the Crim Room wasn't to actually sell your Lich for any real value, but to help fellow clanmates complete their mastery collection. "Hey Steve I heard you needed the Kuva Drakgoon. Mine's only 20% Impact but it's still a Kuva Drakgoon"

I see u, but i don't know if i belive that, by this point i'm sure DE knows how good their "market in game" is, man, this game has the most fun market of all games... One day i will make a clan called "Warframe Commerce House" or "Warframe Commerce Center", or something like that and rule the universe lol.

Citation

Funny thing, some times i see youtubers giving up content and complaining that there is nothing to do... some times i just don't get... The content comes slowly so i think, we players, should embrace it when we have it... i mean, i had plat to buy Grendel whole pack, but i farmed him, otherwise i would just loose one more thing to do...

Because some sees only grind as content. I think more about sandbox aspect, like to be able to customize our dojo for example, I found myself enjoying it more than some missions. Because it's different, because the grind serve actually for something different, and it's great.

There is really no point in a non competitive game to become stronger if the only content is stronger weapons or more things to kill in the same way we used too.

They already added so many things that could have great potential (lunaro, open worlds, conclave) but they can't fix them because of how the grind actually kill the game, "content" is what keep players but there is more and more people that stopped or give up early because of how crazy the grind is and how badly the game handle what it's already implemented (like some tilesets not coherent with new parkour systeme, the difficulty scaling). 

I think railjack could be a good thing but I smell the intense farming it will required (+bugs), and I already know many gonna be pissed...

• Like 1