Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich missions are trash

(PSN)whoistimjones

So sick of people not wanting to engage their lich but want to join public missions. You don't want to fight your lich, take your ass to solo because you refusing to stab your lich for whatever stupid reason(if your leveling stuff up, take your ass to Hydron) is hindering other people's Lich from spawning.

People need to be forced to engage their lich. The lich needs to be agressive in the persuit of the one they are targeting. It needs to constantly teleport to the person and constantly attack them until they die or the lich is stabbed. Or if someone refuses to engage their lich, tht lich steals everything from them that mission, Including the murmurs.

No excuse for not engaging them. Again, you don't want to engage them until you have all 3 revealed, play solo.

• Like 4

there suppose to be a system where you down your lich 3 times they leave without leveling up an thought it was suppose to be in this build for console but guessing that DE forgot to add it in or something.

I do agree that its annoying when your running public on a lich mission an a player sees there lich spawn in an say nothing an just head to the objective as liek 😄 if i dont say anything i wont get any grief about this.
As when i do run public an my lich rage bar is small an im not expecting them to spawn an they do spawn with very small amount of the rage bar i do try to say something but with that pause bug not letting you bring up the chat menu makes it hard at times.

lich does need to be more agressive in the hunt of there tenno as when a sydnicate hit squad or the g3/zenuka/ stalker come they are agressive on the tenno.

when i see a persons lich spawn i go to it an try to help kill the lich as 😄 being a good tenno to try an help them kill there lich.

some people dont want to stab the lich right away cause of the 10 bonus thrall spawns but do to the fact that the lich spawns far away from the tenno isntead of spawning ahead of them this makes it quite hard to get the 10 spawns to add to the max 15 thralls spawns on the mission to get most out of the murmur farms

4 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

You entered a public Lich mission knowing people do this (which is a valid means of progressing the Lich) so you are as much at fault as they are.

And what am I at fault of exactly? I'm not the one hindering 3 other players from having a chance at their lich while also wanting to play with other players. Knowing people do this doesn't put me at fault for their selfishness. Your reasoning is just plain stupid and I'm ashamed I even responded.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

And what am I at fault of exactly? I'm not the one hindering 3 other players from having a chance at their lich while also wanting to play with other players. Knowing people do this doesn't put me at fault for their selfishness. Your reasoning is just plain stupid and I'm ashamed I even responded.

They have an intended way of playing that is valid and wish to do so with people.  You have an intended way of playing that is valid and wish to so so with people.  You're both at fault.  Either one of you (or both imo) should have had the foresight to either enter a Friends/Invite only lobby, or to recruit a squad of people who wanted to progress their Liches the same way as you.  It confuses me why people complain about this crap when it's a widely known occurrence and there are ways people can eliminate the variables and replace them with a constant.

And for context I stab my Lich every opportunity I get, but I also play Solo because I know expecting a certain play-style from randoms is just stupid.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Added missing 'a'.

4 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

They have an intended way of playing that is valid and wish to do so with people.  You have an intended way of playing that is valid and wish to so so with people.  You're both at fault.  Either one of you (or both imo) should have had the foresight to either enter a Friends/Invite only lobby, or to recruit a squad of people who wanted to progress their Liches the same way as you.  It confuses me why people complain about this crap when it's widely known occurrence and there are ways people can eliminate the variables and replace them with a constant.

And for context I stab my Lich every opportunity I get, but I also play Solo because I know expecting a certain play-style from randoms is just stupid.

Except my way of playing isn't hindering seeing other people in any way. Your reasoning places me in the same situation but different circumstances and it doesn't make a lick of sense. If I fight my lich, it actually helps others by re enabling the chance and for them to fight their lich. You NOT fighting your lich removes my chance AND choice.

Just because I know people do this doesn't place fault on me in the slightest. That's like saying "It's my fault if I get bullied at school since I knew beforehand that bullies exist".

Again, your reasoning is utterly stupid.

Just now, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Just because I know people do this doesn't place fault on me in the slightest. That's like saying "It's my fault if I get bullied at school since I knew beforehand that bullies exist".

It's not like that at all.  If you're being bullied at school you often don't have any valid tools at your disposal to stop it.  If you avoid school then your grades or education suffer.  If you beat the crap out of the bully then you'll get in trouble not only with the school but potentially with the cops.  When it comes to the Lich, you DO have valid tools at your disposal whether that be changing the join parameters (Friends/Invite only) or by recruiting for a squad.  It's more akin to constantly getting back in a relationship with an abusive partner.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

there suppose to be a system where you down your lich 3 times they leave without leveling up

It's not on consoles yet. What happens is, if a Lich is downed (First HP bar zeroed) 3 times without being stabbed with Parazon, they flee the field without leveling up.

You're playing on console, OP, so that means you're going to be behind PC in fixes. Lich blocking gets solved later, just need to wait a few weeks for it to land.

In the meantime, I suggest you do what I did while this was happening: Play Revenant. The same bug PC had should be on consoles, where if you enthrall a Lich and knock their life bar down to enable a mercy prompt, they immediately despawn. If you build your Revenant to have 250%+ power strength, you will 1-2shot enthralled Liches if you use Reave on them.

Please play Revenant responsibly. Players may be slow to get to their Lich, so don't despawn them right away if their owner isn't present (but looks like they may be approaching).

Edited by Pizzarugi

Never said I was already being bullied, you clearly didn't read the post correctly. I'm not joining missions with people I know are doing this, it's completely random. Can I just choose a school that doesn't have a potential school bully? No, I can't. 

But I'll respond to these fake circumstances. First off, you have multiple tools to deal with a bully. Teachers, family or just fight back. That's three right there and with those 3 your dumb response has been debunked.

When someone joins a mission and refused to fight his lich, all I can do is just leave the mission, which I get penalized for.

You clearly are just full of it and I won't be responding to your asinine comments again.

5 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

You're playing on console, OP, so that means you're going to be behind PC in fixes. Lich blocking gets solved later, just need to wait a few weeks for it to land.

In the meantime, I suggest you do what I did while this was happening: Play Revenant. The same bug PC had should be on consoles, where if you enthrall a Lich and knock their life bar down to enable a mercy prompt, they immediately despawn. If you build your Revenant to have 250%+ power strength, you will 1-2shot enthralled Liches if you use Reave on them.

Please play Revenant responsibly. Players may be slow to get to their Lich, so don't despawn them right away if their owner isn't present (but looks like they may be approaching).

Thanks for the info, I'll try that out.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Never said I was already being bullied.

Nor did I say/think you were

13 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

you clearly didn't read the post correctly.

Huh funny, there's a part of your response that makes me think you didn't read mine correctly...

14 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

just fight back

...and it's this bit.  I stated clearly that often fighting back isn't an option.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Can I just choose a school that doesn't have a potential school bully? No, I can't. 

And this is another reason your 'bully' example doesn't work.  But if you continue to use that example then I will edit it to actually be applicable.  If you were to choose between a school that you know (somehow) will not have a bully, and a school where it is known there are bullies (even if whether they would bully you is unknown) and the two schools are equal in every other way then why would you choose the school which potentially has bullies over the one you know won't.

This is why the abusive partner is a better analogy.  If you keep entering that situation given your history, then what do you expect to happen?  You can't exactly claim ignorance concerning it and if you keep ranting about it to people (like posting threads on the forum) then sympathy towards you won't last very long.  In this analogy you would simply leave the relationship for good.  You have an out (recruiting/join conditions), I suggest you use it.

3 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Nor did I say/think you were

Huh funny, there's a part of your response that makes me think you didn't read mine correctly...

...and it's this bit.  I stated clearly that often fighting back isn't an option.

And this is another reason your 'bully' example doesn't work.  But if you continue to use that example then I will edit it to actually be applicable.  If you were to choose between a school that you know (somehow) will not have a bully, and a school where it is known there are bullies (even if whether they would bully you is unknown) and the two schools are equal in every other way then why would you choose the school which potentially has bullies over the one you know won't.

This is why the abusive partner is a better analogy.  If you keep entering that situation given your history, then what do you expect to happen?  You can't exactly claim ignorance concerning it and if you keep ranting about it to people (like posting threads on the forum) then sympathy towards you won't last very long.  In this analogy you would simply leave the relationship for good.  You have an out (recruiting/join conditions), I suggest you use it.

Not even reading your crap anymore dude. No logic in anything you say, especially since people have already said DE has already fixed this problem, which means nothing you said so far means a thing. Conversation over.

Just now, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Not even reading your crap anymore dude. No logic in anything you say, especially since people have already said DE has already fixed this problem, which means nothing you said so far means a thing. Conversation over.

Ah, so you're also one of those people who says they won't be replying, then replies.  And It doesn't matter if the 'fix' is being implemented soon if you don't learn from this and stop trying to pull yourself up by your bootstraps (and I'm using that phrase the way it should be used, not the way most people use it).  

Here is a video of 2 different Liches show up from other players, and both staying alive, in one defense mission. This looks like a player's Lich do not block other player's Lich.

A small excuse for no stab to Lich is, wasting about 10 seconds of time doing nothing. Defense health might go down too far and fail mission. Lengthy slow stab to Lich animation to death may be a problem.

Edited by sam686

1 hour ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Ah, so you're also one of those people who says they won't be replying, then replies.  And It doesn't matter if the 'fix' is being implemented soon if you don't learn from this and stop trying to pull yourself up by your bootstraps (and I'm using that phrase the way it should be used, not the way most people use it).  

Breaking my word here but you might wanna read that again, I never said I won't be responding, I said I won't be responding to your asinine comments again. Like I said, you're not reading anything properly.

Or you can keep saying whatever comes to mind first and making yourself look even more like a clown.

Like I said, the fix coming proves that I wasn't the problem at all, the other guy was. Which is why they are allowing others to fix the problem.

Translation; I am right, you are wrong.

Edited by (PS4)whoistimjones

1 hour ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

I said I won't be responding to your asinine comments again.

So you admit my comment had logic then?  You replied to it after all.

1 hour ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Like I said, the fix coming proves that I wasn't the problem at all, the other guy was. Which is why they are allowing others to fix the problem.

No, it just means the community complained as they usually do.  DE don't have a backbone and make changes just to appease the LCD (lowest common denominator).  NW proved this.

And both parties in a given scenario can be at fault.  You both entered into a public lobby where the two valid forms of objective progression go counter to each-other with the expectation that the three others in the random group want to progress the same way you do?  That sounds like you're both at fault due to stupidity.  If you look at it as a raw percentage, your desired outcome is not the likely of the two to occur (being everyone agrees or someone frustrates someone else).  If it happened once and you learned from it then it wouldn't be a big deal.  But you have experienced it multiple times, still choosing to enter the public mission and then whine about it on the forums.  Why?!  You're banging your head against a brick wall when there's a gap one foot to your left all the while complaining about the inevitable outcome - that you're going to end up with a headache.

This is the point I'm arguing with you about.  Not that the other person isn't an a-hole for jumping into a public mission (where you should have no expectation other than the mission being finished and there not being an intentional leech) but that once you know about something you perceive as an issue, you keep putting yourself into the situation where it's likely to reoccur.  It is at that point that you are also at fault at the very least for the frustration that you are experiencing.  This is also why the fact DE is making a change doesn't matter to our argument, because as long as you enter a public mission with the expectation that everyone plays the same way then this is going to be a problem for you (and your ilk) for as long as you play the game.  Saying someone is at fault because they want to make objective progress towards the mission goal in a different way to you while you are doing the same in their eyes is hypocritical bs.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Re-wrote to avoid forum censoring. Automatic upper-casing gave impression I was aggressive rather than just annoyed.

On 2019-12-11 at 10:20 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

You entered a public Lich mission knowing people do this (which is a valid means of progressing the Lich) so you are as much at fault as they are.

Back off kissaser, thanks to the likes of you people playing the game solo => they will complain game this and that. Etheir 2 hard or 2 easy depend on how they play.

Another conclusion, 2 much complain game will continue to developes new craps and look at the game now.

Real players doesn't waste their time write much like you, But thanks, the game I think would be going for decades will soon come to end. Have you kissass much lately ? you will need even more because we are very piss right now with dozen of bugs that wouldn't be fix along with game system and warframe unbalance, causing things to * Obsolete  * then come with great patch of nerfs. SOUND FAMILIAR ?

7 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Back off kissaser, thanks to the likes of you people playing the game solo => they will complain game this and that. Etheir 2 hard or 2 easy depend on how they play.

Another conclusion, 2 much complain game will continue to developes new craps and look at the game now.

Real players doesn't waste their time write much like you, But thanks, the game I think would be going for decades will soon come to end. Have you kissass much lately ? you will need even more because we are very piss right now with dozen of bugs that wouldn't be fix along with game system and warframe unbalance, causing things to * Obsolete  * then come with great patch of nerfs. SOUND FAMILIAR ?

How am I kissassing?  I'm stating that the OP entered into a situation knowing the likely outcome will annoy them, all the while ignoring the means to remove the variables and replace them with known values.   If I was the type of person to kiss ass (which I'm far from being) then I wouldn't have said "DE don't have a backbone and make changes to appease the LCD (Lowest Common Denominator)".  Does that sound like I'm kissing ass?  I have many issues with this game and I often make those views known.  I have never argued that the change regarding fleeing Liches shouldn't have been made (or be made if we're talking about consoles) but rather stated that just because DE made/is making that change doesn't mean the OP was right.  If you deem me playing Devil's Advocate or pointing out the flaw in peoples logic (even when the general point/request their making is in line with my own view) kissassing then I really think you need to research/learn the meaning of the words/terms.

Now is there anything I didn't cover?  I don't want to spend half an hour trying to understand what you wrote.  I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt by saying English is not your first language, because otherwise... yikes.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Changed 'and saying' to 'by saying'.

13 hours ago, Twilight-Knight said:

Ignore him, dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

Honestly? I'm with Twilight here. He's provided you a solution (Stop going into random public missions and instead go to Recruiting chat to build a squad of like-minded individuals) and you're just sitting there calling him dumb. Yes, both you and the guy who joined the mission with different yet equally valid LIch tactics are at fault for not taking a few minutes to ensure you don't meet eachother.

So either employ the solution given to you or deal with your own problems. The fix (Anyone can down lich three times to get them to go away) is coming eventually, so you won't have to worry about it for much longer.

On 2019-12-13 at 12:09 PM, Fevix said:

Honestly? I'm with Twilight here. He's provided you a solution (Stop going into random public missions and instead go to Recruiting chat to build a squad of like-minded individuals) and you're just sitting there calling him dumb. Yes, both you and the guy who joined the mission with different yet equally valid LIch tactics are at fault for not taking a few minutes to ensure you don't meet eachother.

So either employ the solution given to you or deal with your own problems. The fix (Anyone can down lich three times to get them to go away) is coming eventually, so you won't have to worry about it for much longer.

Like I already said multiple times, I'm not the one hindering other players, he is. My playstyle doesn't affect other players. His did. And, again, DE agreed that the people who refuse to stab their lich we're negatively affecting other players, hence the 3 down fix.