Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is True Damage made for Litches?

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

Question

9 answers to this question

I've kill 53 liches.  I've never paid any attention to their weakness/resistence/immunity.  The majority were level 5 (2 I got all 3 right first try, one I think was level 4)

Most of the time I just used a polearm with viral & corrosive and beat them to death.  Only 1 took more than a minute or two - perhaps he was resistant to both.  On pubic runs where other people lichs appeared, and I didn't help, they never seemed to last more than a minute either so I don't know I saw anyone else struggle with theirs - seen people use Revanent, Mesa, random guns, and random melee weapons.

That said, I'm not sure where you are coming up with your 0.02%, or 5%, nor what you are defining as high damage, but yes liches are meant for more advanced players.

6kZaLUY.png

Liches use normal Shield, Ferrite Armor, normal Flesh.

choose your Damage Types appropriately, in context of whatever Resistances/Weaknesses a particular Lich may have.
a Lich being "weak" to a Damage Type doesn't necessarily mean that it's actually weak to it, it's just weaker than it would normally be. but if it's something that the Lich would naturally be resisting then it's really not that great and you can/should stick with Corro, Viral, Puncture.

Liches have armor, specifically Ferrite armor. Ferrite armor is vulnerable to both Corrosive and Toxin damage which means that both will not only do increased damage to the Lich (+75% damage for Corrosive, +25% for toxin), both damage types will also ignore a portion of lich's total armor value equal to that damage bonus. Unless your lich is resistant or immune to Corrosive, it is by far the best damage type to use against them, followed by Toxin damage. If the lich is resistant or immune to both, then you're likely better off using their weakness (unless their weakness is Blast Damage as their armor will will cause them to take 25% less damage from it and will be 25% more effective versus it.

In general you'll want a very powerful, fairly accurate weapon for killing them as getting headshots will help a lot with killing them, though Mesa's DPS can rip through them in short order. Be aware they are immune to status effects, and most warframe powers that CC them will have shorter duration on subsequent casts.

14 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

It could help if you showed your weapon builds. They might not be as good as you think they are.

I tried experimenting with Dakota Prime that has a high crit damage, Viral, and riven with Damage and crit damage no neg (So 100, 150% bonus in value.) That wasn’t a good option.

sticking to True Damage is what destroyed 4 Litches.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I've kill 53 liches.  I've never paid any attention to their weakness/resistence/immunity.  The majority were level 5 (2 I got all 3 right first try, one I think was level 4)

Most of the time I just used a polearm with viral & corrosive and beat them to death.  Only 1 took more than a minute or two - perhaps he was resistant to both.  On pubic runs where other people lichs appeared, and I didn't help, they never seemed to last more than a minute either so I don't know I saw anyone else struggle with theirs - seen people use Revanent, Mesa, random guns, and random melee weapons.

That said, I'm not sure where you are coming up with your 0.02%, or 5%, nor what you are defining as high damage, but yes liches are meant for more advanced players.

I tested Rubico Prime, Opticor, Dakra Prime, and Ephona Prime as weapons to see if the would be viable. On the other hand True Damage attacks from the guides out there is what is being used to defeat the Litches.

The goal is to find formulas that work; so we have options, Incase the game changes.

As others have already mentioned, modding for corrosive damage seems to work very well.

I have modded both primary and melee weapons for the lich damage weakness and it has taken ages to down the lich. Before the next attempt I have changed to corrosive and the lich was killed very quickly.

Yesterday I used my Ignis Wraith modded for corrosive damage to finish my lich in very quick time. The poor thing hardly had time to stand again before being downed.

I have also downed my lich with Opticor Vandal and Nikana Prime.

I did have one lich which was resistant to both corrosive and toxin. That was a bit of a pain.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

I tested Rubico Prime, Opticor, Dakra Prime, and Ephona Prime as weapons to see if the would be viable. On the other hand True Damage attacks from the guides out there is what is being used to defeat the Litches.

The goal is to find formulas that work; so we have options, Incase the game changes.

I have downed them with no issue with the rubico and the opticor vandal.  And the tombfinger. And ash bladetorm.

In any event, exploring now "options, in case the game changes" - not much point in that since we'd have to explore again since, yeah - the game changed.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I have downed them with no issue with the rubico and the opticor vandal.  And the tombfinger. And ash bladetorm.

In any event, exploring now "options, in case the game changes" - not much point in that since we'd have to explore again since, yeah - the game changed.

Melee 3.0 helped in areas.....but the Zenistar got thrown out the window; ‘BECAUSE ‘.