The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling it now: Archwing will be nerfed and become useless in Empyrean

Zahnrad

Since there are so many avionics and intrinsics that have to do with archwing, its seems like DE intends for archwing to be a viable way to play.

Even though Amesha is currently the only viable archwing, using Amesha is actually engaging because every one of its abilities is useful in Railjack.

Maybe Amesha will be scaled back a little bit, but it would be nice if the other archwings can be buffed as well.

Elytron could get seeking missiles fast enough to hit targets, Odonata could get updated flares that could take enemy attention off of the railjack, Itzal could get an expanded loot vacuum, etc.

Space is dangerous. Out there. Up there. Over there.

I think after getting the higher rank intrinsic bonuses, archwings may be less vulnerable??

Meanwhile, if you are in a mission with 3/4 enemy cruise ships and the 4th seems to have not spawned. Look in lower orbit of the planet. I found one FAR away from the battlefield. Just before the group was about to abort the mission, thinking it didn't spawn or something bugged out.

Cruise ship homing guns/seeking missiles gonna tear your warframe with wings apart.

Edited by Floham

I expect it'll either be mostly ignored for awhile or get some buffs and QoL changes since we're using them more.

Even Amesha isn't godmode in RJ. When her 1 goes down, even if she's sitting in her 2, she can die instantly to crewship fire and can't really survive fire from lots of fighters simultaneously reliably with her 1 down either. Her 4 doesn't work with her 1 up, so if you want to do what she's best at in this mode, which is keep her 3 on to snare fighters, you have to play a dangerous game where you try to get hit occasionally to feed her energy with her 4 without being hit by crew ships or too many fighters at once.

You can also die instantly just leaving a railjack, sometimes before you even can see anything if a crewship is around. You can spam your 1 key as you're exiting so it goes up immediately, but you don't always want that because you may have intended to go out and get energy via your 4 before doing anything, not realizing you were going to get instagibbed the second you left the ship. 

4 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

Has anyone managed to kill a crew ship or a fighter using your Arch-melee? Can't seem to hit anything with it.

They broke it over a month ago (possibly around when melee changes happened?) so it doesn't do the lock on attack that Arch-melee is supposed to do. Currently arch-melee doesn't do any damage to anything as far as I can tell. Not sure why it's taking them so long to fix it. 

7 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

Has anyone managed to kill a crew ship or a fighter using your Arch-melee? Can't seem to hit anything with it.

I've killed fighters with my Archmelee several times, though it's a bit less practical than at range. I still get the homing effect archmelees typically get, but fighters move much faster than your average Dargyn so it can be annoying to keep on them. That, and I tend to clip into the enemy model a bit when melee attacking, so the camera gets weird for a few frames here and there.

On 2019-12-17 at 6:35 AM, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Why are Railjacks at base weaker than Archwings? It shouldn’t be that way. Railjacks should be hard hitting, not go to catastrophic meltdown in several hits.

Meybe because your railjack isn't upgraded yet. 

right now we all have roided up archwings, while our jacks are MK-poop. 

Edited by (PS4)ImTheOx

1 hour ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

I don’t have a built Railjack on my Xbox or PC account, but I’ve seen squad mates Railjacks go down in a considerable amount of time.

I don't know man, been farming my Jack on Earth Proxima for 1 whole day, and it got realy strong. Still got MK1 Stuff on but still its pritty good. also at the MK3 the guns are way stronger than archwings.