Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A warning to all Railjack Pilots and DE's non transparent AFK system

3 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

Crewships spawn near combat, not near the Jack. You don't need to leave the ship 20Km away for it to not be targeted. You can Blink 500m+ every 3 seconds or so, so even leaving it unnecessarily far would mean just a minute or two out of combat rarely. All your points are void, blown out of real proportion or inaccurate.

Someone who parks their ass in a ship kilometers away, just leeching the work everyone else is doing, under the excuse that "oh maybe something will happen once during this half hour!1!!" when in a group that sees it for what it is, is someone deserving a ban.

And don't worry, if I happen to join your group ever I'll be ditching right away, because I want to be in a productive group.

And based on this exchange. Is exactly why the AFK system is highly flawed.

Because someone like you wouldn't bat an eyelid to report a crew member for not playing according to your liking.

And DE would take your word for it and keep quiet about the unjust circumstances that transpired leading to the ban. 

• Like 2

Justo ahora, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim dijo:

Because someone like you wouldn't bat an eyelid to report a crew member for not playing according to your liking.

And DE would take your word for it and keep quiet about the unjust circumstances that transpired leading to the ban. 

I agree, is sad to see people like that other user just treating other players like trash because they dont like the way they play. I started playing WF to avoid toxic users like that one.

Just now, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

For you to get a ban, according to DE's liking too. Just saying.

My faith in them reading reports got boosted after this thread. Nothing was unjust, what you describe is clearly leeching and being lazy under the pretense of acting like unnecessary "insurance." Make sure you are in a group who's okay carrying your ass next time?

• Like 4

hace 5 minutos, xBloodySin dijo:

My faith in them reading reports got boosted after this thread. Nothing was unjust, what you describe is clearly leeching and being lazy under the pretense of acting like unnecessary "insurance." Make sure you are in a group who's okay carrying your ass next time?

Leeching according only to you, since no official explanation is given, I also play support role only mainly fixing the ship and manning the side turrent and WF slignshoot rather that piloting  when is being constantly hammered by figthers, only comming out once figthers and crewships are gone, For example: one of my last best missions: I manned turrets, fixed the ship and shoot myself using the slighshoot, destroying several attack craft and crewships in range of the Railjack while other players were out.

Edited by KikuVasNormandy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Arkandae said:

Shawzin isn't prohibited either and palying shawzin isn"t being AFK. So I can play shawzin while others do the missions ? 

Also you were leeching, read the definition. You relied on others to do the bounty, since you weren't doing it.

Here is a question,

I was mining in POE but none was with me for a good 45 minutes and next thing I know three other players joined the area, I told them that I had no intention of doing anything more than mining, fishing, and gathering other types of resources.

I then kindly asked them to leave or don't accuse me of leeching.

They ignored me for the time being and they starting doing the NW bounties, I thought all was good, then the team goes down and I got an ear full from them for not helping them.

Was I a leach and or in the wrong or was I justified in paying no attention to what was going on?

• Like 1

Just now, KikuVasNormandy said:

Leeching according only to you, since no official explanation is given, I also play support role only mainly fixing the ship and manning the side turrent and WF slignshoot rather that piloting  when is being constantly hammered by figthers, only comming out once figthers and crewships are gone, For example: one of my last best missions: I manned turrets, fixed the ship and shoot myself using the slighshoot, destroying several attack craft and crewships in range of the Railjack while other players were out.

Leeching according to the other people in the group who reported him.

Leeching according to the person who read the report, checked the situation, and issued a ban.

Leeching according to anyone who doesn't previously agree to letting 1/4th of a group do zero to assist with completing the mission.

Everything else you're saying seems to come from someone who didn't read his initial post and doesn't understand the situation that led to the ban.

• Like 3

Just now, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

Here is a question,

I was mining in POE but none was with me for a good 45 minutes and next thing I know three other players joined the area, I told them that I had no intention of doing anything more than mining, fishing, and gathering other types of resources.

They ignored me for the time being and they starting doing the NW bounties, I thought all was good, then the team goes down and I got an ear full from them for not helping them.

Was I a leach and or in the wrong or was I justified in paying no attention to what was going on?

You weren't a leech, but you should have set the session to Solo/Friends nonetheless.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Aneres_Omega said:

Here is a question,

I think the problem here was that you started a public match with the sole purpose of mining. It's always a good idea to make this kind of thing in private matches, since people mostly join public parties with the intention of completing missions. I don't think you were a leech at all, since this was clearly unintentional, but other people may not think the same way.

Edited by General-Pacman
  • Like 2

hace 3 minutos, xBloodySin dijo:

Leeching according to the other people in the group who reported him.

Leeching according to the person who read the report, checked the situation, and issued a ban.

Leeching according to anyone who doesn't previously agree to letting 1/4th of a group do zero to assist with completing the mission.

Everything else you're saying seems to come from someone who didn't read his initial post and doesn't understand the situation that led to the ban.

I understand perfectly, but all cames down to a single user with your attitud not liking the way another players plays in a public match to jeopardize account with thounsads of hours on them.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

The sword cuts both ways .

Fact of the matter is. Someone could very well report you for AFK without you actually doing so, and you'll be wondering why you got banned as well.

And with that attitude like yours in game , it'll be sooner rather than later. 

• Like 4

I understand perfectly, but all cames down to a single user with your attitud not liking the way another players plays in a public match to jeopardize account with thounsads of hours on them.

No, it comes down to DE considering that leeching, which it is.

The fact some people/groups might be fine with being leeched on doesn't make it an acceptable practice in public groups.

• Like 2

Tbh, there is nothing wrong to having one player stay on the ship.

As it is right now, there is really only 2 ways to fail a railjack mission

1) hull gets taken down and no one repairs it within a minute and

2) whole team using up all revives.

Having at least one player on board would mean that the rest of the squad gets to be comfortable doing their things knowing that someone can remove option 1 of mission failure. While yes, tactic 4 makes it easy for players to come back to the craft. From the information given in the original post, them taking the ship far away from combat is for unupgraded ships. Typically an unupgraded ship could also indicator that at least the host is a player that is more or less "new" to this game mode and this only really happens in earlier missions, where players might not have tact 4. Even if they do, it is highly annoying for them to have to pop recall every few seconds if there are issues with the ship. 

As it is right now, I don't think it is possible for the rest of us to conclude whether OP was leeching or not as we all have to rely on speculation and/or what they said themselves. Personally tho, I would put my guess on them being legit and not leeching. 

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
  • Like 2

The sword cuts both ways .

Fact of the matter is. Someone could very well report you for AFK without you actually doing so, and you'll be wondering why you got banned as well.

And with that attitude like yours in game , it'll be sooner rather than later. 

Except that I'll go out on a limb and believe reports require some sort of evidence and/or are checked for validity, not just taken at face value for what's written.

Why do I say that? I had people threat to report me for cheating when they were wanting everyone in a defense to do nothing so they could farm kills on their own, and I ignored them. No ban came.

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Aneres_Omega:

Yeah that was my fault, normally I set it to solo as I due tend to solo 70 - 80% of the time.

I think it's still cool you at least tried to communicate the fact you were indeed mining and not finishing any bounties. Granted, yes, starting solo would have avoided this mess and the other players clearly ignored your messages, but it's nice when people actually talk and let others know what they're doing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, xBloodySin said:

Except that I'll go out on a limb and believe reports require some sort of evidence and/or are checked for validity, not just taken at face value for what's written.

Why do I say that? I had people threat to report me for cheating when they were wanting everyone in a defense to do nothing so they could farm kills on their own, and I ignored them. No ban came.

Reports and bans do not take place immediately. You very well may already have been reported. 

These infractions fester in your account with no way of cleaning them up. 

The last "AFK" report I got was 3 years ago. And all it took was one more unverified report this week for them to act on that ban.

Your turn will come.

• Like 4

hace 4 minutos, xBloodySin dijo:

That is pretty subjective without a message, official post or email saying that... say all you want but I work in astronomy and I like to see the actual reports of why something happened.

• Like 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--Ascended-Seraphim:

Reports and bans do not take place immediately. You very well may already have been reported. 

The last "AFK" report I got was 3 years ago. And all it took was one more unverified report this week for them to act on that ban.

Your turn will come.

You don't even know that. As you have said yourself, this stuff doesn't take place immediately. For all we know, you may have been reported for something you did weeks ago and they only checked on it now. Right now, a ban happening because you sat in your railjack is an assumption. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3

Well the only problem i can see is the communication here.

If lets say you were the afk pilot and they didnt have the rank 4 leader teleport they might got pissed to have to haul their asses 20k back, or for example they have poor mans amesha and wanted to recuperate hp and energy on the ship instead of using plates. You cut them off that possibility. Guarding a ship 20k away with omni on you is not really a viable excuse to be honest. Nothing will happen to it, like literally nothing. 

The thing is did you check the chat? If they wrote something and you ignored that they were actually right to report you. I basically never report anyone, just communicate on chat if i am pissed or leave the group if we cant get on terms.

Maybe if the way you play can look suspicious to others, a simple "Guys i am 7 pilot and engineer i will take care of that basic paper ship for you, go guns blazing. Agreed?". I honestly think no one would disagree and no one would report you ever. Maybe someone would write "park that shyt on the boundry and come help us to do this faster i got omni on me". 

• Like 1

Your turn will come.

That was like two years ago. Ban never came. Never will.

But hey, with your penchant for fear-mongering I get how you can talk people into letting you leech.

"GUYS GUYS!!! If I don't stay we're DOOMED! DOOMED I SAY! Ships WILL teleport in and NO ONE BUT ME can save the mission!"

1 minute ago, Berserkerkitten said:

You don't even know that. As you have said yourself, this stuff doesn't take place immediately. For all we know, you may have been reported for something you did weeks ago and they only checked on it now. Right now, a ban happening because you sat in your railjack is an assumption. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm quite aware of my game play time in warfrmae. Prior to the update I hardly joined missions or played in PUB.

After railjack I racked up hours of playtime in public missions solely playing railjack as a pilot .

Moreover the support staff has said my ban was specifically due to AFK.

Hence I would strongly believe it's due to rail jack, that role, and the play style

• Like 3

That is pretty subjective without a message, official post or email saying that... say all you want but I work in astronomy and I like to see the actual reports of why something happened.

I'm going along with his own assumption that this is what got him banned. If he got banned for something even worse, even better, although I'd keep hope that leeching reports get the same treatment when there's no kick system.

PS: And there's now him saying Support did confirm the ban was due to AFK'g in missions.

Edited by xBloodySin

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--Ascended-Seraphim:

Moreover the support staff has said my ban was specifically due to AFK.

Hence I would strongly believe it's due to rail jack, that role, and the play style

And that's ALL they said, which is part of the problem. You believe it was due to railjack, because when we don't know, all we can do is believe. Just saying. Can't really rule out 100% it was for something else. Nobody knows how they work with these afk reports or how long it takes them.

• Like 2

hace 3 minutos, Berserkerkitten dijo:

And that's ALL they said, which is part of the problem. You believe it was due to railjack, because when we don't know, all we can do is believe. Just saying. Can't really rule out 100% it was for something else. Nobody knows how they work with these afk reports or how long it takes them.

Indeed, communication is vital in these situation, like for me, I got banned yesterday with only an in game message telling that. No message, no email, no nothing explaing why and still waiting for support to know what I did wrong, what in my mind is nothing since I did nothing to broke EULA rules after double checling everything.

Edited by KikuVasNormandy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Precisely. And fact of the matter is that AFK is a bannable offence.  And it's such a subjective thing.

I've never heard of AFK being bannable. Only for real life threats, exploiting the game , 3rd party software, or other serious offences.

There's no way to prevent this AFK thing from happening. And the older your account the more crap you inadvertently take.

If a poor sod joins a pre made squad and played passively , theoretically all 3 members could report him for leeching or AFK. 

And once the ban comes, he'd be none the wiser.

I've been playing this game for 7 years since I jumped on the founders package, and me still being here unbanned till today,  lends some weight that I've been keeping my nose pretty clean.

Hence the indignation I am feeling now for being banned for such a subjective matter with no way to defend myself. 

• Like 1