Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phaedra and Projectile Weapons

nslay

DE, making archguns projectile weapons makes the fights in Archwing missions and Railjack pretty fun (more so the latter)! That is... if you have a weapon like Imperator/Imperator Vandal with decent accuracy. Even with a projectile disadvantage, you can still make good use of Imperator/Imperator Vandal.

How about Phaedra? On paper, it looks like a status version of Imperator/Imperator Vandal! But it has spool-up spread of the Phage man ... and now it's projectile on top of that! I can hit stuff at distance, but most of those projectiles miss owing to the weapon's innately bad accuracy.

If Phage doesn't give you a good image of how painfully inaccurate Phaedra is when fully spooled up, imagine lighting a box of fireworks at an enemy and hoping some of those fireworks hit some distant enemies. That's how Phaedra looks and feels currently when fully spooled up. There are no accuracy or flight speed mods (though there may be such Arcanes that I don't have!). Please consider a very slight boost to Phaedra's accuracy in space given that it's projectile now (and given that Railjack enemies are usually very far away because they move fast!).

Reference:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Phaedra
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Imperator_Vandal

Edited by nslay
Add reference

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

If the phaedra can kill enemies its in a better place then the corvas, grattler, ayanga, and velocitus.

Some of those weapons (if not all of them, I am not experienced with some of them) have their own special advantages over weapons like Imperator/Imperator Vandal. Phaedra is almost a carbon copy of the Imperator/Imperator Vandal (similar damage, same spooled up fire rate!) but with higher status and really really bad accuracy (even the weapon's visual firing behavior shows it firing in many directions... not unlike my box of fireworks analogy!).

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Give Elytron a buff that makes his Archguns hitscan weapons and you have something to narrow the Amesha meta

Why would the bomberwing get this ablity? The odanata is the space superiority fighter give the Odanata something like that, or homing projectiles. Elytron should be able to blow up crewships.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Why would the bomberwing get this ablity? The odanata is the space superiority fighter give the Odanata something like that, or homing projectiles. Elytron should be able to blow up crewships.

because currently, all of the elytron's abilities are literally garbage. they dont do anything of note even in low-level earth missions.

3 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

because currently, all of the elytron's abilities are literally garbage. they dont do anything of note even in low-level earth missions.

All the archwings besides amesha are not viable in later RJ content.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

Just now, Skaleek said:

All the archwings besides amesha are not viable in later RJ content.

not even "later", rian belt, earth. the itzal and elytron are already completely useless. the odanata's 1 and 4 are aight still but yeah.

also to bring this back on topic: both archweapons and archwings need a lot of rebalancing against railjack enemies. 

This is what Phaedra used to look like back in February. It does NOT resemble this at all currently (it looks like random fireworks going off in random directions from a box of fireworks now).

Spoiler

Edited by nslay

Im melting stuff in veil with my rivened Phaedra, you make it sounds like its super useless or something which is not, that gun is perfectly fine as it is (and imp vandal and cyngas). You dont need accuracy at all when you melting stuff 3m away of you, if you trying to "snipe" things with it 50m away, you doing it wrong. 

Also that video you posted is from "youtuber" that does half done builds and call them "quick look" cause hes lazy and has no actual knowledge about modding ANYTHING. Quick look my booty... 👍

Edited by Benour

7 hours ago, Benour said:

Im melting stuff in veil with my rivened Phaedra, you make it sounds like its super useless or something which is not, that gun is perfectly fine as it is (and imp vandal and cyngas). You dont need accuracy at all when you melting stuff 3m away of you, if you trying to "snipe" things with it 50m away, you doing it wrong. 

You're not telling the full story. The fighters fly substantially faster than Archwing and you will inevitably be shooting fighters at distance sometimes. You can get the fighters up close only when they are directly approaching you while gunning you down. When they are flying aware from you, they will almost certainly be more than 50m away.

7 hours ago, Benour said:

Also that video you posted is from "youtuber" that does half done builds and call them "quick look" cause hes lazy and has no actual knowledge about modding ANYTHING. Quick look my booty... 👍

His mods are not relevant. How the gun used to handle when it was hit-scan was far superior to how it handles now. The video very clearly shows that. Now it even looks like a box of fireworks firing in random directions.Given than Archwing weapons were made projectile, I am only asking for a small buff to Phaedra's accuracy to compensate for the projectile travel time.

Here's a representative picture of the spread. There is no multi-shot modded on this weapon (mod doesn't fit yet) or anything fancy like this:

Spoiler

KtY9PSV.jpg

This is really bad! It's one thing to compensate for the projectile travel time, it's another to just be lucky enough to hit something. It works great up close though! I can imagine only firing at enemies making a pass directly at me in Railjack. I will find out when I finish forma-ing it! It is not very fun to use in Interception.

Here's what it looks like if you fly parallel with your shots just to get a sense of how much they diverge!

Spoiler

21evhd1.jpg

The yellow streaks are projectiles. Notice how far they have diverged. To be fair, I did fly quite a distance just based on the radio tower markers! But even at a relatively short distance (50-100m which is short for Archwing... the towers are about ~500m apart for scale), I wouldn't be surprised if you get more status procs out of a non-status weapon like Imperator Vandal simply because Imperator Vandal more reliably hits its targets! More hits amounts to more chances for status.

On 2019-12-19 at 7:35 AM, Chewarette said:

Give Elytron a buff that makes his Archguns hitscan weapons and you have something to narrow the Amesha meta

Actually I was thinking if it had an ability (channeled or duration) where it grabs a second Archgun that you've modded then auto-tracks and shoots (at 1/2 damage) that would be pretty cool.

If nothing else, it would be a working ability that basically scales with you (building).

Edited by SpringRocker