Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A relic system suggestion

Xikto

Yesterday i was playing lua disruption for like 50 rounds and got only 1 axi A9 according to wiki it should have around 12% dorp chance i dunno about u but that doesn't sound right to me at all so i came up with an idea, an idea that has the potential of solving multiple problems at once, for a long time now poeple have been asking for a system that has rewars for effort for example if u go 1h into survival u won't get more rewards than if u were to play same surival 3 times till 20 minute even though the mission will be harder so i though to myself what if we made this : Add a mini quest that u do some stuff and get your hands on an blueprint for an item, an reusable blueprint that u can make using 1 relic of your chosing and some other resources when going into a mission if all players use the same item at the start of the mission (or just only be joinable if all have same item) then the more you play that mission the more will your chances of getting that very relic that u used to create the item will be, this way u will encourage players to push themselves and go above and beyond and stop people from being frustrated from bad and weird RNG if it was me i would make it that u will get guranteed relic after 10 rounds of lua spy after 30 minutes of suvival and after 10 excavators at excavation missions but u can really make it anything cause that would be just a number change.

1 minute ago, Xikto said:

this way u will encourage players to push themselves and go above and beyond

DE has stated that they do not want to do this. It is meant to be 'bite sized' chunks.

3 minutes ago, Xikto said:

an reusable blueprint that u can make using 1 relic of your chosing and some other resources when going into a mission if all players use the same item at the start of the mission (or just only be joinable if all have same item) then the more you play that mission the more will your chances of getting that very relic that u used to create the item will be

Maybe I am not understanding you. But this suggests we are using a relic, to then get the same relic back. Why would anyone want to do this?

For example u get a relic that has a 5% drop chance and u want a rare part the chance of u getting a rare part out of it is very low so u use it and get more relics from it this has a risk of u failing mission because of high difficulty that will be on it. 

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

DE has stated that they do not want to do this. It is meant to be 'bite sized' chunks.

adding such feature wouldn't ruin the system it will only be an addition that one would only use for rare cases without doing any harm to those who want to do the 1min capture missions for 100s of times till they get what they want.

and where did they state what u claim ?

4 hours ago, Xikto said:

for a long time now poeple have been asking for a system that has rewars for effort for example if u go 1h into survival u won't get more rewards than if u were to play same surival 3 times till 20 minute even though the mission will be harder

This is one of the reason why the relic system was introduced in the first place. You are basically asking that we go back to the tower key system we had before relics. Good luck getting a team if you were not ready to commit for 1-2 hours, with mandatory gear and meta team compositions. Much rather have a set of missions that start of harder and have a better reward that having rewards increase if going beyon typical 4 rotations that we have now.

10 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

This is one of the reason why the relic system was introduced in the first place. You are basically asking that we go back to the tower key system we had before relics. Good luck getting a team if you were not ready to commit for 1-2 hours, with mandatory gear and meta team compositions. Much rather have a set of missions that start of harder and have a better reward that having rewards increase if going beyon typical 4 rotations that we have now.

Yes i am saying to put a step towards to old system but that does not have to be a bad thing, what is the point of going further into an endless mission if there is no reward increase then we should just totally remove lvl scaling cause what is the point ?  

besides your tell me what is the difference between doing a capture/sabotage/mobile defense solo or with team ? there is litrally nothing but some times they do make u wait for the m for extraction nothing else considering how strong tenno gear is.

15 minutes ago, Xikto said:

Yes i am saying to put a step towards to old system but that does not have to be a bad thing, what is the point of going further into an endless mission if there is no reward increase then we should just totally remove lvl scaling cause what is the point ?

Right now there isn't much of a point going further other than being one of the people who just likes that. And that is fine the way it is.

16 minutes ago, Xikto said:

besides your tell me what is the difference between doing a capture/sabotage/mobile defense solo or with team ? there is litrally nothing but some times they do make u wait for the m for extraction nothing else considering how strong tenno gear is.

Well you answered your own question there, the problem is power creep. And the answer to that is making content more challenging. But for the life of me I don't see a reason for it having to take an hour to get to that stage. As I said better to have more challenging missions from a get go rather than to having to slog through hour of trivial content to get to the good part. The game is designed to be played in bite sized chunks and it should stay that way. 

7 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

Well you answered your own question there, the problem is power creep. And the answer to that is making content more challenging. But for the life of me I don't see a reason for it having to take an hour to get to that stage. As I said better to have more challenging missions from a get go rather than to having to slog through hour of trivial content to get to the good part. The game is designed to be played in bite sized chunks and it should stay that way. 

well that point i agree on but that doesn't fix the ridiculous scenarios that current relic system creates and my suggestion was towards fixing said problem if DE really wanted they could make this specific item that i mentioned cost a lot to make or only be bale to make once per day or anyother way to prevent people from using only this tactic which in the end would be just a positive thing that a portion of community will like

just like what they did with rivens with riven slivers once a week this just made it sth u can benefit from and the same time no harm done to those who don't want to use them this could be sth simmillar.