The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tycho Seeker MK3 or Milati MK3?

(XBOX)XxLeeRobsxX

Question

11 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

The Milati can oneshot the Outriders in the Veil easily.
The Tycho however is more fit in destroying the "light" fighters.

the Homing Missile can also dispatch Outriders quickly, provided they aren't in a Healing bubble, by virtue of breaking all of the Weakpoints simultaneously, just like what the Rocket Barrage would do.

Dumb rockets do exactly what they are supposed to do - fly in a straight line, exploding on contact.

"Smart" missiles are supposed to find a target and hit it. Not sure how they determine their target - magic 8 ball?

I'm using the rockets now - on long rage, the seekers didn't work as expected. On close range, I don't really need them to try and find their own targets, when it's right in front of me.

18 minutes ago, Rejutka_Lupex said:

"Smart" missiles are supposed to find a target and hit it. Not sure how they determine their target - magic 8 ball?

It's not especially clear, but there's a lockon mechanic for them. You have to keep sights on your target until the targeting indicator subtly changes, at which point you've got a lock and if you fire a seeker it will chase the target.

1 minute ago, Andvarja said:

It's not especially clear, but there's a lockon mechanic for them. You have to keep sights on your target until the targeting indicator subtly changes, at which point you've got a lock and if you fire a seeker it will chase the target.

That actually makes sense! Thank you!

It can't be said often enough, while Railjack itself is quite fun, the interface is a bad joke. (To put it politely.)

• Like 3

On 2019-12-29 at 2:00 AM, Andvarja said:

When you see the cursor you aim at the enemy have 4 arrow on each corner appear, that is lockon, and it is fire and forget.

It really comes down to preference.  Both come with pros and cons:

Tycho Seeker:  Guaranteed hit after obtaining lock, less damage.

Milati:  Greater damage potential, swarm, no lock, chance for all rockets to miss.

Which is best for you is dependent on your playstyle.  Most of the folks I play with prefer the Tycho Seeker, as they also prefer the greater chance to hit.

Why not include Galvarc in this conversation?

I pilot my ship and find it the most useful as I can take out 2-3 fighters at once, even in veil.  The other two weapons do not work against crew ships and the other tough one has weak points I can easily shoot so I just don't see the need for either middle.  

On a Gunner position where you can't fly right into middle, I can see this not being useful but as pilot, I use it frequently (especially in combination with tether battle avionics).