The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I use Garuda's Talons now?

Sunai_Moonswing

Question

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

nothing happens when I press melee

Weird, I just tested it and removing my Melee weapon made the Talons pop up in the Arsenal for modding purposes,
and both regular Melee attacks as well as holding F for Melee mode worked just fine.

Stab in the dark, what Rank is your Garuda? Maybe her Talons only unlock at Rank 10 or something, like Hysteria etc.

Have you tried refreshing? a new mission? simulacrum?

If you don't have a melee weapon equiped you should be able to use them.

Also, I have to ask, you're not trying to use them in the Bow only solstice alert are you?

Edited by BaIthazar

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Stab in the dark, what Rank is your Garuda? Maybe her Talons only unlock at Rank 10 or something, like Hysteria etc.

In the case of Garuda her Talons aren't tied to a specific ability.

Also I've used them with a freshly forma'd Garuda in the past

45 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Garuda’s Talons are a normal Melee Weapon unlike Hysteria which is a Energy powered Weapon locked with a Ability. So Garuda can use it in any Rank.

On 2019-12-28 at 4:31 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I've had a melee bug recently where I'd lose my weapon mid-mission.  In both cases, logging out and back in solved the problem.

I wasn't playing Garuda either time, but I was using Ripkas.  Which happen to be another claw class weapon. Could be weapon class or stance related, maybe.

Is an enemy on various levels that can disarm secondary weapon, usually grineer type locations; but am sure have seen corpus try to take 2ndary weapon but much further into the game