Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some thoughs and ideas for liches

Wrum

some of this will be treading ground previously covered by others but please bear with me.

currently when you spawn a lich it gets assigned  a set of abilities depending on what warframe killed the larva. additionally it gets a random kuva weapon. i would make the following changes:

1. the larva spawns with a generic version of what ever weapon it will have as a lich. i know that some of the weapons are to big for the current larvas but DE could add larva versions that are bigger maybe based on bombards or gunners.

- the reason for this is to help with the rng grind. this way if the larva spawns with a weapon you don't want you can see it and just ignore the larva and try again in the next mission. its the same rng but much faster.

2. when you kill the larva have the lich only spawn with one ability from the warfame that killed it and then with each failed attempt at killing the lich ad another ability from what ever warframe you made the attempt with.

-this will add some variety to the lichs.(all i see is the toxin and heat ones these days)

3. converted lichs can use there abilities when they pop it to a mission.

- this will make them actually useful in mission. combine this with the second suggestion and you could make a tailored lich to convert and be a huge help in missions.

vor 37 Minuten schrieb Wrum:

1. the larva spawns with a generic version of what ever weapon it will have as a lich. i know that some of the weapons are to big for the current larvas but DE could add larva versions that are bigger maybe based on bombards or gunners.

- the reason for this is to help with the rng grind. this way if the larva spawns with a weapon you don't want you can see it and just ignore the larva and try again in the next mission. its the same rng but much faster.

Like you say, its just the same...wont be fun either and just tedious to get what you are looking for.

Let us influence what weapon they carry:

• the weapon we kill it with determines to Kuva-Weapon
  • so, if we want Kuva-Quartakk, kill it with a Quartakk
  • if we want the Kuva-Archgun, kill it with any other existing Archgun
  • For the Kuva-Melee, use a Melee, and for the other Kuva-Weapon another weapon which is compareable (like Grinlok, Sybaris)

Not everything needs to be RNG.

If you want to say "but people will burn through it in a week"...even if we could choose the weapon, to get all 13 you still need roughly 13x4=52 hours.

Edit: and then there are still random Ephemeras to get and if you care for a good Bonus, you can add as many hours as you want.

The fact that there are people out there who have time to play 10 hours a day shouldnt influence the game-design.

Edited by DreisterDino

3 hours ago, Wrum said:

the larva spawns with a generic version of what ever weapon it will have as a lich.

this would be good. in the case of the unique Kuva weapons, it could use Grinlok (for Kuva Chakkhurr), Grattler (for Kuva Ayanga) and Jat Kittag (for Kuva Shildeg). I'd be down for this.

3 hours ago, Wrum said:

when you kill the larva have the lich only spawn with one ability from the warfame that killed it and then with each failed attempt at killing the lich ad another ability from what ever warframe you made the attempt with.

also makes sense, as the Lich is supposed to become stronger. it makes sense that they should level up to gain their powers, like we do when we level a frame. at first they only have a basic ability, but with more kills, it eventually get's it's ult.

3 hours ago, Wrum said:

converted lichs can use there abilities when they pop it to a mission.

I thought they could already do this, but I've never converted one, and just assumed the ones I saw from other players were using powers off-screen. kinda silly they aren't allowed to do that, especially since some weapons are way more effective than others.

simple changes that would make life easier for Lich Hunters and newcomers alike.. I like it! you should put this in #feedback if you haven't already, because this is how you do a feedback post.

I poated this elsewhere but here.

Kuva Liches should be downable by you and your squad. Every time you do, it gives you the option to kill permanently,  convert them or release them. If you release them they gain a level and get stronger and steal your loot. Every level they gain their health increases and damage. So do the stats on their weapons. So you can kinda gamble how long you want to keep going. 

Here is the fun part though. Give each lich a bravery stat. Some, when you defeat them will not be downed and easy to kill/cap/release. They will RUN!!! An exit point will spawn somewhere in the map and they will run to it. You have to down them one last time before they get away with ALL the loot from that map.

This is kinda what was shown as the original concept. 

And as much as I like the suggestion I am not sure they will implement, cause this will remove RNG and reduce the grind (DE does not seem to care about the actual fun factor anymore and just want to squeeze as much time out of players as possible) 

I know they’ll never give the option to just get rid of your current lich, but I think they should add a “nuke the planet” option. The current random way the lich works can even stay the same. 

Now, if you don’t feel like dealing with your current lich because he has a weapon you already have, you can “nuke the planet” he’s on. This will destroy the lich but make the planet inaccessible for 24-72 hours. This will make doing any missions—sorties included—on that planet impossible. 

i think the trade off here is both fair and reasonable.