Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swarmer Missles

Nazder

So everyone loves that single shot, hard hitting, high AOE Ogris. I myself have one brewing now. Earlier today I was talking with my friend about a device that could launch tens or even hundreds of small missiles in a type of swarming action. What if we could have a device that did such a thing.

This "Swarmer Missile Launcher" can fire multiple low AOE, low damage missiles that can carpet an area. Obviously you can see problems with this if the spread too quickly to hit that box right next to you. Multi-shot would effect the number of missiles fire in a similar way that Hell's Chamber effects pellets shot.

Here is my idea of what it would look like:

Fires 5-10 fast flying missiles that perform a "Swarming" movement type much like a swarm of flies.

Each missile does 2 meter AOE and 15 damage.

Missles will "Path Seek" to where the cursor was when the trigger was released. Meaning the will attempt to dodge some objects that might be in the way of that area, like a box.

Now perhaps instead of going to the "cursored area" you can paint targets and missiles will be evenly distributed and path seek to those targets.

Please criticize me and refine the idea! This is just a roughly made idea that could use some nurturing!

Have a glorious day you lovely people!

So everyone loves that single shot, hard hitting, high AOE Ogris. I myself have one brewing now. Earlier today I was talking with my friend about a device that could launch tens or even hundreds of small missiles in a type of swarming action. What if we could have a device that did such a thing.

This "Swarmer Missile Launcher" can fire multiple low AOE, low damage missiles that can carpet an area. Obviously you can see problems with this if the spread too quickly to hit that box right next to you. Multi-shot would effect the number of missiles fire in a similar way that Hell's Chamber effects pellets shot.

Fires 5-10 fast flying missiles that perform a "Swarming" movement type much like a swarm of flies.

Missles will "Path Seek" to where the cursor was when the trigger was released. Meaning the will attempt to dodge some objects that might be in the way of that area, like a box.

Now perhaps instead of going to the "cursored area" you can paint targets and missiles will be evenly distributed and path seek to those targets.

Please criticize me and refine the idea! This is just a roughly made idea that could use some nurturing!

this would be very fun, should be a weapon released with update 11.

1346473031722.jpg

Edited by Altey

This would be cool. It reminds me of shooting LRM30 x12 from Mechwarrior series.

THANK YOU! Someone who actually plays Mechwarrior! And yes either like an LRM or SRM missile system.

So it looks like this idea has a load of YES votes. Let's see if we can get DE to take a look at this.

Edited by Nazder

THANK YOU! Someone who actually plays Mechwarrior! And yes either like an LRM or SRM missile system.

So it looks like this idea has a load of YES votes. Let's see if we can get DE to take a look at this.

Hmm i play MW too and think itll be cool!

I'd love a 'swarmer missile' type of weapon or power that functions and looks like the charge attack of Jehuty from Zone of the Enders : The Second Runner. If you've never seen it (or played that game), it's a pretty darn awesome looking move.

Edited by Wiegraf

i always preferred Arrows to those piddly LRM's. those dinky things were such a waste of ammo and tonnage. if i hit someone with a missile boat, i want it to friggin hurt. 

not that i enjoy missile boats most of the time anyways. always required your A.I squadmates to be useful, and well, lel. they're more like walking meatshields than effective battle units.

that being said, homing missiles, i don't think so. the homing part is the issue.

but! i'll go for having a miniature rocket swarm weapon. since we have Ogris already anyways. 

but, before this is implemented - or at the same time - i want explosions to not shake the entire planet. it's really obnoxious that Warframe effectively says "there's marksman weapons for players that don't like spamming but you don't want to use them because we shake your camera all the time lololololol"

it's absurd that there's map wide camera shake from this crap. once again, the only way having that much camera shake makes sense is it these explosive weapons deal atleast 500,000,000dmg per hit. 

because they'd probably need to deal that much in order to breach the hull of a ship or shake an entire planet.