Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I bet DE is trying real hard to make us react like this to a 100 avionics vidar reactor

Toppien

19 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

If you're happy with that, good for your, knock yourself out. Personally I expect games to do a bit more than just keep me busy. If I just wanted busywork, I'd get a second job. I expect an entertainment product to deliver entertainment.

This is how I approach all games also.  Once I feel that it is no longer entertainment or entertaining, It gets uninstalled and/or deleted.  

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Pretty much, yeah. But I don't think they're going to stop there, they keep pushing and prodding to see what they can get away with in each update. Remember when PoE came out how we all b*tched and moaned about having to level zaws twice to get the mastery out of them? Yeah........ We didn't know how good we had it back them.

Or like how they have slowly been nerfing Stealth Mechanics and the most recent one of Stealth Multipliers not working on Primaries/Secondaries.  That last one I seriously think it was intentional just to see if we would notice.  It got noticed.  DE claimed it's a bug, but haven't fixed it yet even after 3 months.  

Then there is the increased detection range of the enemies, yet we no longer have channeled attacks to destroy the bodies.  Something which has made 2 of the Mastery Tests much harder than they should be.  

4 hours ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

More to the point, I'm pretty sure using a Warframe-related "controversy" as a thinly-veiled excuse to advertise a Youtube channel that makes money off getting people to react about something that isn't Warframe is against the rules. And even if it isn't, it most definitely is what in bird culture we'd call a d*ck move.

That really isn't more to the point though. Conspiracy theorycrafting is literally "the least to the point" you can get.

On 2020-01-11 at 7:44 PM, HugintheCrow said:

That really isn't more to the point though. Conspiracy theorycrafting is literally "the least to the point" you can get.

What the hell does "conspiracy theoricrafting" even mean? Is it the new trendy thing to say on the internet, following "yeet" and the likes? This topic is blatantly advertising a Youtube channel: it's right there in the OP.

11 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

What the hell does "conspiracy theoricrafting" even mean? Is it the new trendy thing to say on the internet, following "yeet" and the likes? This topic is blatantly advertising a Youtube channel: it's right there in the OP.

Uhh, no? That's not how that works...

Are you advertising for DE? You are on their forums after all, generating activity on their website, making it possibly more visible for others. If I eat a burger at mcDonalds, am I advertising for them? I guess throwing a cola can into a trash bin is advertising now, since you can still see the logo.

See how ridiculous you sound?

And about theorYcrafting: It's a word that means you're making stuff up, in this case you are making up a conspiracy about a big bad person "advertising" their channel.

13 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Uhh, no? That's not how that works...

Are you advertising for DE? You are on their forums after all, generating activity on their website, making it possibly more visible for others. If I eat a burger at mcDonalds, am I advertising for them? I guess throwing a cola can into a trash bin is advertising now, since you can still see the logo.

See how ridiculous you sound?

And about theorYcrafting: It's a word that means you're making stuff up, in this case you are making up a conspiracy about a big bad person "advertising" their channel.

There is. A link. To a youtube channel. Which is not. About. Warframe. You're literally denying evidence.

Go on the McDonald's website and post a video from your YT channel in which you show people reacting to the new Burger King product. See how many nanoseconds it takes them to shoot it down.

6 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Oh, I get it, you didn't read the thread. But if so, you have no business commenting in it, good old forum etiquette: "lurk before posting".

I'll explain:

The video shows a reaction to a rare drop in a game called Destiny. OP wishes to sarcastically compare said reaction to the reaction he assumes a Warframe player would get out of getting a Vidar Reactor Mk3.

Obviously one could discuss if OP's assumption is correct. Certainly, they could be criticised for speaking for the entire community, but pointlessly searching for non-existent controversy?

Too much.

22 minutes ago, TearsOfTomorrow said:

Thank you for candidly admitting my point. I rest my case.

Your point was that it's advertising, not that there was a video in the OP.

Also, it's a little in bad faith to completely ignore the rest of my post, isn't it? You know, that part where it's explained how the video exists for a comparison's sake? Unless comparisons are advertising too?

Are your posts perhaps an advertisement for badly constructed arguments and taking things out of context? Sorry, I'm not buying.

Edited by HugintheCrow

25 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Are your posts perhaps an advertisement for badly constructed arguments and taking things out of context? Sorry, I'm not buying.

And now you get to the personal attacks, I.E. to the "I can no longer deny the evidence and I have no real argument, so I better start insulting so it won't look like I lost" part. I have no interest in that, so off to the ignore list with you.

This topic is blatantly advertising a Youtube channel, which would be bad enough, but then you see it is a channel about something other than Warframe... Meaning that the creator of this video is not only making money off an IP with something that hardly qualifies as "content" (it's just a bunch of people screaming incoherently), they're also doing so on a forum dedicated to a completely different IP. The bloody cheek.