The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Campers Need To Go... _Now_

WeissKreuz

You guys are really making a big deal out of nothing.

If someone is afk, you can just leave.

If it was nothing, it wouldn't be a big deal.

It could be nothing, though.

It could be that, instead of us being punished for teaming up with an AFK player by having to leave or have one less player, they could be punished by being kicked. And that's preferable.

If it was nothing, it wouldn't be a big deal.

It could be nothing, though.

It could be that, instead of us being punished for teaming up with an AFK player by having to leave or have one less player, they could be punished by being kicked. And that's preferable.

So make the whole community suffer because of a few individuals. I guess that's preferable.

So make the whole community suffer because of a few individuals. I guess that's preferable.

Really? It'll make the whole community "suffer"?

In the words of somebody not that long ago ( I forget who ): You're really making a big deal out of nothing.

In my opinion people should have a right to play on any mission they want at any time they wish, however that's just my opinion.

I see where you're coming from, don't get me wrong.

You absolutely have the right to play any mission you wish, but you shouldn't play a hard mission using a frame without revives out of consideration for other players.

Would you play a T3 void defense without revives?

Nope. All that is needed is a block function in the "player history". Kick function would be abused. Blah blah blah. And so on.

Vote kick system is harder to abuse, since it would take 3 to troll and abuse, besides that, Player History is AFTER the game, and we likely won't run into those guys again anyways.

Being hardcore isn't enough.

You need to be twice as hardcore.

NES%20Battletoads%20double%20dragon.jpg

Eh? I didn't find it harder than the NES game.

F*** that Hover Bike level

And Rat Race, F*** Rat Race to hell, the deepest pits of hell.

Edited by BoompigXD

Ugh..... I just played that energy syphon alert with a friend. Some guy joins with a more or less unranked frame. I don't mind. But then he proceeds to simply stand in the spawn room. I waited for him at en elevator for a minute before running back. It wasn't until I was next to him and yelling at him did he start to move. He then died, and did not bother to respawn.

Stop making me carry these pieces of S#&$ to the finish line.

I wouldn't mind if DE gave a host the right to kick option, AFK kick option or a vote to kick option. It shouldn't require the host leaving the mission to get rid of dead weight. People that join and AFK shouldn't have joined in the first place. If a host wants 3 other active people for a mission and if someone isn't contributing it is just making the mission have higher level NPC without a benefit to the people playing.

Edited by LazyKnight

Vote kick system is harder to abuse, since it would take 3 to troll and abuse, besides that, Player History is AFTER the game, and we likely won't run into those guys again anyways.

You are wrong. Many different games that have the vote kick system have been abused a lot. One person would vote kick for no reason then the others would follow suit for no reason. Always happens like that. Every game. Every time.

So what that the block function is used after the game. There is still a chance of you getting in the same game as these people. Be it afkers, rushers, explorers, trolls whatever. This way you'll never encounter them again. Vote kick will always be abused and will cause more problems then fix them.

Yeah, leaving the mission and not feeding them is the most sensible way of dealing with it as of now.

Unfortunately, any kind of system that gives players the power to punish their team mates is going to be abused frequently, anti-afk detection code can always be tricked easily with random() macros and reporting ill behaving players to DE to investigate would waste a lot of resources that could be used improving the game for everyone.

So, what's left? The game itself. Simply put, the game has to come up with ways to make afking difficult enough to not be worth it.

How does one do that? By creating an enemy type for every faction that can reach players wherever they are(improved AI behaviour, teleport and/or infinite puncture) and force them to react to them, preferably move a certain distance to get rid of the threat. Normal stationary players like snipers shouldn't be affected by that because they can react fast enough to avoid being hurt.

So what I think we need to think about is game improvements and create design that would be detrimental to players that went afk, but otherwise are pretty harmless. Ideally, the threat that the player would be exposed to should only be able to be resolved by himself, because a lot of times, unknowing/naive squad mates tend to help an afk player as it is what this game has trained them to do. An example of such a mechanic requiring player interaction would be shield leeches. I haven't tried coming up with an enemy type that would be interesting to fight, a hazard to afkers and not too annoying to normal players, but maybe you guys have an idea or two. Making every bit of game space as accessible to enemies as it is to players would also help, as we've seen with the introduction of the corpus ship defense map.

In any case, if DE doesn't want to base their creature design around afk players, which is understandable, but instead want to continue with afk detection code, may I suggest disabling affinity gain if the following two conditions are met: 1. Hasn't moved X in game units within Y seconds, 2. has not hit(not killed) a target with his primary/secondary/melee in Z seconds. The numbers are of course a question of balance.

Naw, I'm gonna' blame the player.

What DE did might be bad design, but what the players are doing is just plain being jerks. DE? Unintentional. Players? Intentional. I'm not gonna' give them a free pass because I'm some cynic who thinks the worst should be assumed of people. I'm gonna' want them punished because I expect better of my fellow player.

And if they implement a kick function, it stops the "encouragement" ( allowing ) to AFK.

Also, you considering Nova OP is a totally different thing. If you feel that way, I'd say go talk about it in one of the several other topics about Nova being OP.

I'm playing a little bit advocatus diaboli here but in the end players who afk-leech affinity are not jerks but simply not stupid enough to waste unnecessary time in Warfarm. And it's not assuming worst of the people but seeing how people can get worn out by the grind and RNG lottery and DE being hypocrites by saying they dont want WF to be a grind but then increasing the grind and dependancy on RNG with every update.

And treating only the sympton but not the cause? Brilliant! That'll help... not! It'll only last for a short while until players figure out how to game the new systems

And btw, DE is fully aware of the problems with the affinity system, players have pointed out the problems and suggested alternatives since months... apparently its not a priority for them. Figures...

I don't consider Nova OP, I consider her boring and lazy design. But my point is that your argument is weak since if you logically extend it DE would have to implent kick systems for Novas and Rhinos too since they can be "jerks" as well. And tbh you see novas/rhinos behaving like that a lot more often than ppl afking.

Edited by DitsyPixie

A kick function will not help; it will just be open to so much abuse. Once, just playing Io, I put World on Fire on and ran towards a group in order to burn a group of infested on Wave 4, and I could just see the other three were a German clan who just started calling me loads of profanities in German, calling me a 'homosexual' (Yeah... Playing WarFrame alters your sexual orientation, according to some), anyway, just because they didn't like the way I played, they all promptly left at wave 5.

Anyway, if you added in a kick system, it would just be open to false kicks and stuff like that; people would be back on the forums in a flash complaining about being kicked unfairly all the time. But I can see why it could seem like the obvious choice.

As for an alternative, I really don't know what to suggest.