Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Wish I Could Buy Rivens From The Marketplace

ackillac

I recently got a discount on platinum, so I decided to buy some. I want to buy a specific riven with some of it, but that's where the trouble starts. In my experience you have to settle for a riven's stats. Sure you can wait pretty much forever to find the roll you want, but usually you have to buy one that's off by a little bit. So there's that. To even find a riven close to what I want to buy I have to use multiple third party sites. Then I have to contact the person who may or may not be online, just to be told the riven is sold when I do get a hold of them. Then the riven I wanted to buy that was sold before I could get to it in time pops up in trade chat at a mark up from what it was being sold. I would much rather just buy some plat, go to the marketplace, choose what stats I want on a riven then just pay plat to have what I want. It would be much more convenient and it wouldn't ruin the in game economy. What's the point of buying plat if I can't spend it.

You can buy the exact stats you want from another player, but you have to hunt for it. It's not impossible to find exactly what you want.

There should never be an option where a player types in a perfect Riven and is handed it. That would seriously devalue Riven Mods and crumble the already unstable economy of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ackillac said:

It would be much more convenient and it wouldn't ruin the in game economy.

How would it not ruin the game economy?
I mean if I could buy a riven for a weapon I want with +Damage +CritDamage +Multishot with a meaningless penalty like -Recoil or something like that what would be the point of buying rivens from other players?  Hek, what would be the point of earning a random riven?

And at that point it would be way too much P2W, especially since you wouldn't need to worry about rolling low on the riven values.
This would be a stupid amount of P2W and power creep.

1 minute ago, Steel_Rook said:

It's a P2W game. Something like that doesn't seem entirely out of the ordinary. After all, I wished for an Arcane Grace, flashed my credit card and got one handed to me a while ago.

So basically nearly every online game with trading are P2W then by that definition....I mean there are tons of games where if I want something I could trade them currency, or buy a valuable stand-in item from the market and trade it to players, for the item I want....Which even if games don't allow for direct premium currency trading its not hard to find an item from the shop that you can buy with premium currency to trade to other players as that is usually something set up by the players fairly quickly.

I just have to disagree that being able to trade with other players make something P2W, especially when you can go out and earn your own Arcane Grace, and without too much difficulty (I've done it twice), or trading other arcanes for pieces of a grace you need to finish a collection.

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So basically nearly every online game with trading are P2W then by that definition....I mean there are tons of games where if I want something I could trade them currency, or buy a valuable stand-in item from the market and trade it to players, for the item I want....Which even if games don't allow for direct premium currency trading its not hard to find an item from the shop that you can buy with premium currency to trade to other players as that is usually something set up by the players fairly quickly.

Yes, any game which allows you to trade your real-money currency is P2W as far as I'm concerned, especially when the majority of items in it are tradable. While Warframe might not have the in-game UI for it, it nevertheless still has an almost exact copy of Diablo 3's RMT auction house, and game design which stuffs you full of items you don't want but can sell for real money, while not giving you the items you want but can buy for real money. Just because you're not buying it from a cash shop doesn't make it not P2W if you're paying a real-money currency for power. Doubly so when developers make items deliberately painful to obtain specifically to drive RMT sales and trades.

20 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

It's a P2W game. Something like that doesn't seem entirely out of the ordinary. After all, I wished for an Arcane Grace, flashed my credit card and got one handed to me a while ago.

Honestly its more of a Pay to Thrive, not Pay to Win. Since you are basically paying for fancy `goodies` which are actually entirely not necessary(literally most content does not need rivens and even eidolon hunting can be done without them, its just people wanting to cheese out multiple Tri-dolon sessions in the 5+ range or more that want it). Grace can still be farmed thru eidolons and Arcanes i consider now the lower end of value bits since people just love marketing down the value of stuff till everyone is forced to treat even rare drop items as cheap trash. Which is honestly a flaw in how market chat functions, since it clearly gives zero fks about a minimum floor value to have people want to KEEP selling those items, since why sell a rare drop arcane for garbage amount of plat when you could likely sell an easier to acquire item like electric mods from baro`kiteer with less difficulty to do?

Yet Riven mods get a major pass cause of its `unique stat-ness` and people have no idea on how to value goods so riven sellers want to demand as much plat as they can scam out of buyers and buyers want to be extremely cheap on `trash` and `veiled` riven mods these days. Which is why i honestly just suggest to make all rivens untradable outside of veiled so its set as a equal grounds and people have to actually work for thar dang rivens. But clearly unless d.e. decides to start doing major fixes to the games including fixing these terrible designs they left to fester, then its just another toxic system where i am sure some eidolon hunting pug groups will demand to get a look link of your weapons if your playing the chroma and will freaking disband if they do not see a high-roll multi-damage state rubico riven mod on yer rubico prime.

HELL in that regard, all your doing is buying a expensive mod that likely costs 2 to 3 deluxe skin bundles, just so you can grind harder on content, which you are likely doing to sell the goods you can possibly earn, just to have more plat to get goods so you can grind on other things. Which may vary on some things, but its pretty much like that kind of loop when i see riven marketing in general on those who believe they need a riven mod to make a weapon good, when clearly we did not need them before they were introduced  in.

Edited by Avienas

3 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

DE doesnt sell arcane grace at the market. Someone must hunt the dumblons to get it and then you traded with that person. Trading is far from pay to win..,

I call it pay for being lazy.

Edited by DarkSkysz