Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

X-box update when?

(XBOX)KayAitch

Question

We last got an update with the original Empyrean release. It was a month ago. PC is getting new reactors, now has a huge stack of fixes. Consoles don't even have the pre-Christmas emergency patch that increased resource amounts.

The deal on consoles is that we don't get the very latest stuff, but our build is more stable. With Empyrean we're stuck on the most buggy release I've ever seen.

Please DE, update console.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Yes.  Hotfix #3.

I didn't see that, in part because they didn't change the thread title on hotfix (usually they'd update it to "27.0.5.3" rather than "27.0.5").

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

And yet everyone is still abort-farming for the Shedu parts.

Yup. I have multiple spares, they can have them.

However, all the players joining, racing to the anomaly, smashing every crate while everyone else is outside, then aborting because they didn't get the ephemera... I'm not inclined to tell them. Let them continue their toxic farming, it is a miserable existence with no hope of reward and they deserve it 😜

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Its possible they know and are abort farming captura

Ha ha ha nobody wants the captura scene. Watch any video where they find a red winged crate, invite their friends to open it and then get the captura.

I hope when they bring the ephemera back it's based on the number of anomaly missions completed, not joined.

What the shi...

So PC is getting at least 7 bug fix releases and a content release before consoles even get a bug fix?

DE. Come on. DE. Seriously. Fix game breaking bugs on all platforms before a content release.

You know how this goes - you release 28.0.0 on PC, but then need to do a pile of fixes before consoles get 28.0.something through cert.

Now we know: they're working on a Kuva Lich release for PC before fixing console bugs:

Fixes for Liches are very welcome, but seriously: WtAF? The console release is broken AF and has been for over a month.

Give us the urgent fixes from PC before you "giving ourselves until next week for more testing" - that will leave it mid Feb before we'll see fixes for bugs we've had since mid December.

2 months between bugfixes, especially given the state you shipped railjacks in, is not OK.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

It doesn't make sense to cert a build only to cert another build a week or two later

Yes, it does when that's two more weeks of broken systems and players quitting in droves.

I get that console cert costs more than a PC release, so waiting out the odd hotfix or patch is fine, but this is rediculous.

Your statement would be correct if either of the following was true:

1) consoles on a stable version (they aren't, Railjack is busted) or...

2) the timeframe is days (it isn't, our last release was over a month ago, the next PC release is a week away)

1 minute ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yes, it does when that's two more weeks of broken systems and players quitting in droves.

There's no evidence of console players quitting in droves.

1 minute ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Your statement would be correct if either of the following was true:

2) the timeframe is days (it isn't, our last release was over a month ago, the next PC release is a week away)

Actually, the build is stable.  The existence of bugs does not make the build unstable.

The time frame only seems long because of a couple of factors.  First is that we just had a holiday period and DE are as deserving of a break as anyone else.  Second is that they busted their asses to get us RJ before Xmas as a nice gesture, so that build came earlier than we were used to.  Had they held it back to normal amount of time, we'd not see this next release as being out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Try getting a railjack match on the X1 in the UK. It's a ghost town. Same for Liches.

I don't have any issues getting matches.  Recruiting is rife with people looking for murmurs.  If you're playing on the EU servers, that might be the issue, as NA servers have always been the most popular and sort-of default.  Either way, your anecdote is not evidence.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:
55 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Actually, the build is stable.  The existence of bugs does not make the build unstable.

Whatever definition you want, sure, let's argue about whether stable implies with or without bugs.

Let's revise it:

1) consoles on a version that doesn't have game breaking bugs, regular crashes, broken intrinsics, no trading, awful drop tables with a 2% of a good reactor that then rolls a capacity of 5 and average drop rates for wreckage materials in single digits when we need 15k.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

The time frame only seems long because of a couple of factors.  First is that we just had a holiday period and DE are as deserving of a break as anyone else.

Sure, that totally justified no patches between mid Dec and the start of Jan.

56 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Second is that they busted their asses to get us RJ before Xmas as a nice gesture, so that build came earlier than we were used to.  Had they held it back to normal amount of time, we'd not see this next release as being out of the ordinary.

We've already gone over all this extensively in this thread, I don't really want to repeat it, but basically: shipping early was good and much appreciated, but they also needed to prioritise bug fixes for us.

X1 is usually about a week behind PC, which is great, I'm fine waiting a bit, but now we're waiting for PC to get the next content release (and there will be bugs in that too that need fixes before we get them).

3 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

1) consoles on a version that doesn't have game breaking bugs, regular crashes, broken intrinsics, no trading, awful drop tables with a 2% of a good reactor that then rolls a capacity of 5 and average drop rates for wreckage materials in single digits when we need 15k.

Those are mostly personal preferences.  They don't make the build unstable.  You could make a list like this after every single build we've ever received.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Glad to know that you think DE employees aren't entitled to have some time off.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

We've already gone over all this extensively in this thread, I don't really want to repeat it, but basically: shipping early was good and much appreciated, but they also needed to prioritise bug fixes for us.

X1 is usually about a week behind PC, which is great, I'm fine waiting a bit, but now we're waiting for PC to get the next content release (and there will be bugs in that too that need fixes before we get them).

Economy changes and drop changes aren't bug fixes.  And, most of the changes you're looking for require cert.  When DE were able to put everything together they decided it didn't make sense to cert a build only to cert another build for the lich changes.

And, no, XB1 is not usually 1 week behind PC.

Neither is yours. DE will have the actual figures and be able to look it up.

Correct, anecdotes are not evidence, no matter where they come from.  I'm not the one who made an unsupported fact claim, however.

Look, I get that you're frustrated.  I would love to see the economy changes and drop rate changes myself.  But, we have to be patient.  DE tried to do a good thing for us by getting us RJ so that we could play it.  If they hadn't rushed and worked their asses off to do it when they did, we may not have gotten RJ until maybe a week or so ago - we might even still be waiting for it.  Can you imagine the salt that would be flowing if we didn't have RJ yet?  It's not in its final state.  It's got some bugs.  At least we have it and can try it out.  If you don't like the state it's in, then do other things until the next update drops.  Demanding that DE give us an update RIGHT NOW isn't helpful and isn't doing anything but stress people out.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Those are mostly personal preferences

Oh, then why did they change on PC? You love the pay to build economy? Great, but you're in a tiny minority.

They don't make the build unstable

Yes, that's what people generally mean by stability: crash out mid mission? Random host migrations? Don't get any intrinsics because of where you were when the mission completes or because there were boarders? Those are all stability issues.

2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Glad to know that you think DE employees aren't entitled to have some time off

What? I said that was fine. DE having Christmas hols is fine. No releases over Christmas, also fine. 

DE tried to do a good thing for us by getting us RJ so that we could play it.  If they hadn't rushed and worked their asses off to do it when they did, we may not have gotten RJ until maybe a week or so ago - we might even still be waiting for it.  Can you imagine the salt that would be flowing if we didn't have RJ yet?  It's not in its final state. 

I mostly agree with this. I think they made the right call in December, I understand why we didn't get the patches from December and prefer this approach to how they handled Fortuna last year.

However, it's about to be February. We're 7 patches behind, and they're talking about PC getting a content release before they tackle game breaking bugs on our platforms.

Yes, that means two cert releases in Feb, but it also means any issues with all the changes they're making to liches (and there may well be) we're not waiting again

Oh, then why did they change on PC? You love the pay to build economy? Great, but you're in a tiny minority.

Personal preferences as opposed to stability issues.

Yes, that's what people generally mean by stability: crash out mid mission? Random host migrations? Don't get any intrinsics because of where you were when the mission completes or because there were boarders? Those are all stability issues.

Crashes sometimes happen and have happened before RJ came out - same with host migrations.  Lack of intrinsics (haven't seen any bug reports for people not getting any at all) is not a stability issue.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

What? I said that was fine. DE having Christmas hols is fine. No releases over Christmas, also fine. 

Apologies then.  I thought you were being sarcastic.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

However, it's about to be February. We're 7 patches behind, and they're talking about PC getting a content release before they tackle game breaking bugs on our platforms.

Which is due to a number of factors already talked about.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yes, that means two cert releases in Feb, but it also means any issues with all the changes they're making to liches (and there may well be) we're not waiting again

We'll have to see the state that the lich changes are in when they get to us.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Personal preferences as opposed to stability issues.

Crashes sometimes happen and have happened before RJ came out - same with host migrations.  Lack of intrinsics (haven't seen any bug reports for people not getting any at all) is not a stability issue.

Apologies then.  I thought you were being sarcastic.

Which is due to a number of factors already talked about.

We'll have to see the state that the lich changes are in when they get to us.

Sorry OP but these are valid points. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Crashes sometimes happen and have happened before RJ came out - same with host migrations

Yes, bit not this much. RJ crashes all the time, regularly in ways that nullify 45mins of game instead of the usual 5-10.

I'm OK with a degree of instability - I personally would rather have earlier, buggier releases. However, theres a balance: fewer, more stable releases VS more releases & more bugs.

Bugs are OK if they're going to be fixed soon. Waiting weeks for a release is OK if what you're playing now is stable.

We have the worst of both approaches right now - early buggy release, but also a long wait for fixes.

I've said it a lot of times before on this thread, but:

- the early release is good

- it being buggy is OK

- a bit of a wait for Christmas is understandable

- the first 2 weeks worth of Jan patches not appearing on consoles is OK, not great, but we get it. Console cert lags behind PC.

- "we'll do a console fix after the PC get the next content release" is starting to take the p155

- we're going to spend a week on that PC content release and then look at consoles is basically all console players relegated to the "we don't really care about you guys" pile.

2 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Lack of intrinsics (haven't seen any bug reports for people not getting any at all)

It is, it was in the PC patch notes (feel free to go read all the bugs in all 7, it's many pages) - if intrinsics are your permanent progress but you lose them when you complete a mission that's a stability bug. Try checking what you have mid mission VS what you have when you get back to your orbiter.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

- we're going to spend a week on that PC content release and then look at consoles is basically all console players relegated to the "we don't really care about you guys" pile.

I disagree as they are making strides to try and get us stuff sooner, as in we're going to get the lich changes almost the same time as PC - which is something that console players have been complaining about.  I've said all along to be careful what we wish for, but alas.  Seems like we'll have to agree to disagree here.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

It is, it was in the PC patch notes (feel free to go read all the bugs in all 7, it's many pages) - if intrinsics are your permanent progress but you lose them when you complete a mission that's a stability bug. Try checking what you have mid mission VS what you have when you get back to your orbiter.

If you're speaking of the lack of bonus affinity counting towards intrinsics, that's a visual bug in the mission report screen.  You aren't losing any intrinsics.