Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

X-box update when?

(XBOX)KayAitch

Question

We last got an update with the original Empyrean release. It was a month ago. PC is getting new reactors, now has a huge stack of fixes. Consoles don't even have the pre-Christmas emergency patch that increased resource amounts.

The deal on consoles is that we don't get the very latest stuff, but our build is more stable. With Empyrean we're stuck on the most buggy release I've ever seen.

Please DE, update console.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Console updates are always about 4 weeks behind. We're due for it very soon

Usually they are about a week behind, going up to 2 and sometimes 4-6 for big things like Fortuna. They try to balance the dev/QA-time cost of cert against what's in the release.

They'll put it off as long as they think we're OK with the release we have. I want to let them know that we aren't, that we need a release, and if that means the additional cost of multiple cert processes, well, that's the cost of the state they released railjack in.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Making threads for this is pointless

The latest update has a lot of the things we asked for on these forums. DE clearly pay attention to them, they just don't often respond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

We last got an update with the original Empyrean release. It was a month ago. PC is getting new reactors, now has a huge stack of fixes. Consoles don't even have the pre-Christmas emergency patch that increased resource amounts.

The deal on consoles is that we don't get the very latest stuff, but our build is more stable. With Empyrean we're stuck on the most buggy release I've ever seen.

Please DE, update console.

Why are you complaining go adaro farm your stuff to max while you can maybe farm extra intrinsics as well

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Huggs93 said:

go adaro farm your stuff to max while you can

Adaro farm? That's the Exterminate node on Sedna, there nothing you can do for your Railjack there.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Huggs93 said:

you can maybe farm extra intrinsics as well

You mean the Ivara exploit where you go to a Veil galleon mission, stealth kill everything and then abort? Been there, done that, very bored of it. I'd rather they fixed regular mission so they don't crash out with no intrinsics all the time... oh look, they already have on PC. Or common loot drops... oh PC has that too. Or enough resources to actually build anything... PC again. Or railjack guns not being useless... yup, PC has that. Worthwhile reactors? PC. New weapons working? PC. The list goes on.

Have you don't the Anomaly missions recently? I guarantee that unless you go in on public someone will join, head direct for the anomaly, smash every crate in there without any other players in the instance (so it's empty when you get there) and then quit because they didn't get the Tenebrous Ephemera (hint nobody does, it's a <1% chance of a secret room having a special crate that has a <10% chance of having the ephemera in it). Galleon missions? Same thing but this time for the Intrinsic XP (which only they get). 

X1 has endemic toxic behaviours that have been blocked in patches on PC. It's time we had that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Adaro farm? That's the Exterminate node on Sedna, there nothing you can do for your Railjack there.

You mean the Ivara exploit where you go to a Veil galleon mission, stealth kill everything and then abort? Been there, done that, very bored of it. I'd rather they fixed regular mission so they don't crash out with no intrinsics all the time... oh look, they already have on PC. Or common loot drops... oh PC has that too. Or enough resources to actually build anything... PC again. Or railjack guns not being useless... yup, PC has that. Worthwhile reactors? PC. New weapons working? PC. The list goes on.

Have you don't the Anomaly missions recently? I guarantee that unless you go in on public someone will join, head direct for the anomaly, smash every crate in there without any other players in the instance (so it's empty when you get there) and then quit because they didn't get the Tenebrous Ephemera (hint nobody does, it's a <1% chance of a secret room having a special crate that has a <10% chance of having the ephemera in it). Galleon missions? Same thing but this time for the Intrinsic XP (which only they get). 

X1 has endemic toxic behaviours that have been blocked in patches on PC. It's time we had that.

I play solo even in veil my railjack is up to stuff and my method of the "adaro farm" as it is refered to actually also works on PC and you get about 80 intrinsics per run. I do have a different opinion since i want to make a video on all level 10 stuff but thats my cup of tea and im not bored of it. i still help other people out as for loot drops I have a reactor with just 50 capacity i run health mods and an ordinance mod and im fine so

4 hours ago, ciTiger said:

At least you know you should keep your wreckages be grateful =P

Yeah, but we have the launch drop tables - we're still just scrapping 15 Zekti Photors at the end of every run, 1/100 chance of a Vidar or Lavan reactor drop, almost impossible to get any of the avionics that drop in the Veil from non-elite units because all units are elite. I think Void Hole is something like a 1/20000 per kill chance.

Just give us the update already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

They'll put it off as long as they think we're OK with the release we have. I want to let them know that we aren't, that we need a release, and if that means the additional cost of multiple cert processes, well, that's the cost of the state they released railjack in.

What's with this "we" talk? 

Also you claim that you are upset because you got a rushed release, and so blame them for the unfinished, unpolished state. But in the same breath you're demanding a rushed job on the patches? 

Does that make sense to you? How can you manage those mental gymnastics without hurting yourself? 

They put off the updates, so that they can be reasonably sure of making good changes. They use the rapid updates on PC players, and look at the data so they can fine tune it, and we get batched updates that are generally major improvements, instead of minor changes that may or may not suck. 

So put a damper on your sense of entitlement, and realize that your need for instant gratification is not helping you any. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also you claim that you are upset because you got a rushed release, and so blame them for the unfinished, unpolished state. But in the same breath you're demanding a rushed job on the patches? 

Does that make sense to you? How can you manage those mental gymnastics without hurting yourself? 

They put off the updates, so that they can be reasonably sure of making good changes. They use the rapid updates on PC players, and look at the data so they can fine tune it, and we get batched updates that are generally major improvements, instead of minor changes that may or may not suck. 

So put a damper on your sense of entitlement, and realize that your need for instant gratification is not helping you any.

... ssshhhhh~... Dude wants to be on the same level as the PC despite being on an Xbone... I guess he wants to be a beta tester for free, like many PC players actually are...

But, you're right though, on a serious note... his post doesn't really make sense with his attitude.

Edited by Uhkretor

5 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... ssshhhhh~...

... Dude wants to be on the same level as the PC despite being on an Xbone... I guess he wants to be a beta tester for free, like many PC players actually are...

But, you're right though, on a serious note... his post doesn't really make sense with his attitude.

IKR? 

Just imagine, this is what DE gets for giving us Railjack early. Switch only just got their updates. Had DE waited for now to roll it out to us, we could have gotten a patched version. 

But if OP is ranting and raving over minor patches, I can just imagine the way they'd be misbehaving over not getting to fly around in a nice shiny spaceship the way that you PC players get to. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Didn't you hear? I'm the official spokesperson for all console players. There was a vote and everything 😜

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also you claim that you are upset because you got a rushed release

Nope. I didn't. I'm not upset. I'm all for rushed releases.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

you got a rushed release, and so blame them for the unfinished, unpolished state. But in the same breath you're demanding a rushed job on the patches

That is the deal, it's one or t'other: regular releases with more bugs, or wait ages for more stable releases. I'd rather the former, but I accept the restrictions of console mean the latter.

Currently we have the worst of both: we're waiting a month for bugfixes.

40 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Dude wants to be on the same level as the PC despite being on an Xbone... I guess he wants to be a beta tester for free, like many PC players actually are

No, I understand the compromise for console convenience. Personally I'm not very risk averse and if that was the only factor in choice of platform I'd be on PC.

However, right now the PC is way more stable than console. Add all the fixes from the last 6 PC releases and that's how far we are behind. Consoles are on the beta version that they found wanting and replaced before Christmas. We're not even beta testers - we all know what's wrong with the build and the fix is already out there.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Just imagine, this is what DE gets for giving us Railjack early. Switch only just got their updates

I know, could be worse, we could be the China release build!

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Had DE waited for now to roll it out to us, we could have gotten a patched version

That is what they did with PoE and Fortuna, but I personally would rather they shipped earlier and more often. Honestly I think they probably made the right call, and I'm happy that we got a buggy release before Christmas.

I'm a software engineer, I understand the business and the balance of this: the more expensive your release process the fewer and more risk averse you are with releases. Right now DE will be trying to make a judgement call (and it's not an easy one) - the more PC patches they leave it before a console build the cheaper it will be for them, but the more console players will burnout or otherwise reject it in the meantime. Megan basically said exactly this in the X1 Twitch steam. They know things we don't and may have good reasons - I'm not upset or angry with them, but I do think they need to know that we're struggling (and yes, not all of us and some folks love that toxic Anomaly farm that will never pay out/grinding galleon stealth kills/collecting Zekti guns/worthless reactor drops) and that their choice to release early does (and should) result in more fix releases on more platforms.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:
Spoiler

Didn't you hear? I'm the official spokesperson for all console players. There was a vote and everything 😜

That is the deal, it's one or t'other: regular releases with more bugs, or wait ages for more stable releases. I'd rather the former, but I accept the restrictions of console mean the latter.

Currently we have the worst of both: we're waiting a month for bugfixes.

No, I understand the compromise for console convenience. Personally I'm not very risk averse and if that was the only factor in choice of platform I'd be on PC.

However, right now the PC is way more stable than console. Add all the fixes from the last 6 PC releases and that's how far we are behind. Consoles are on the beta version that they found wanting and replaced before Christmas. We're not even beta testers - we all know what's wrong with the build and the fix is already out there.

That is what they did with PoE and Fortuna, but I personally would rather they shipped earlier and more often. Honestly I think they probably made the right call, and I'm happy that we got a buggy release before Christmas.

I'm a software engineer, I understand the business and the balance of this: the more expensive your release process the fewer and more risk averse you are with releases. Right now DE will be trying to make a judgement call (and it's not an easy one) - the more PC patches they leave it before a console build the cheaper it will be for them, but the more console players will burnout or otherwise reject it in the meantime. Megan basically said exactly this in the X1 Twitch steam. They know things we don't and may have good reasons - I'm not upset or angry with them, but I do think they need to know that we're struggling (and yes, not all of us and some folks love that toxic Anomaly farm that will never pay out/grinding galleon stealth kills/collecting Zekti guns/worthless reactor drops) and that their choice to release early does (and should) result in more fix releases on more platforms.

... Are you absolutely sure this entire topic isn't related to the reactor adjustments the PC got with 27.0.11? because it feels awfully like it is. 😛

32 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Are you absolutely sure this entire topic isn't related to the reactor adjustments the PC got with 27.0.11? because it feels awfully like it is. 😛

Don't know about the entire topic, but economy fixes pc got within 3 days of pc release, we are still waiting for now a month after console release.  And generally speaking, economy/drop table fixes have not required cert in the past but are hotfixes. examples of this are

27.0.6.1 – 1 Day PC Fix

• Asteroids now drop multiple Resources! Alongside other Resources, this significantly increase Titanium gains; a prominent feedback request!

• Pennant and Quellor Blueprints are now shared pickups; no longer required for all players to manually collect the pickup! Thanks for your patience as we work toward the rest of the on-foot items being picked up.

• You can now trade Avionics in your Dojo or Maroo’s Bazaar!

• Increased chance to get common and uncommon Resources from associated crates onboard Crewships and other Points of Interest to aid in your Forging and overall Resource required crafting needs. This increase in commons and uncommons was achieved by directing Rare resources to be space-combat only drops, and having common and uncommon more dominant on-foot. 

• Fixed incorrect droptable for all enemies in nodes that give you the ‘Investigate Anomaly’ objective

27.0.8 – 3 Day PC Fix

• Significantly increased the amount of Common Resources awarded by the End of Mission Rewards. This touches on our plans for Economy balancing within Railjack, and should lend a hand to furthering your Wreckage and Payload crafting projects!

• Fixed Non-Elite Exo Fighters unable to spawn in Veil Proxima.

• Fixed Gyre Elites not dropping Avionics.

bug fixes - I could understand the delay if cert is required but some of these should not require a cert. They managed to remove tenebrous ephemera in a hotfix without a cert, and I am sure if things were skewed toward the player significantly - like we were getting rare crates spawning umbra forma every other run, that would have been hot fixed in minutes.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yeah, no. 

59 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Then you must've written this rant by mistake. /thread

Hint: You have the latter and are actively complaining about it. Keep waiting. 

That's pretty much the standard:

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Shouldn't be too difficult to grasp. 

China doesn't have Warframe at all. They've got a similar but totally different game, hence why there's no support subgroup for them. 

Good, this means that you are currently happy. Just like the people who play on switch who only just got the release. 

Since you are happy, /thread. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Console updates are always about 4 weeks behind. We're due for it very soon. DE doesn't delay console updates for fun, you know. Making threads for this is pointless.

*2 weeks

they got it up to two weeks tho they really fell behind when they held off Gauss buffs.

They were also on Christmas Vacation so expecting Console to get everything the second DE gets back is asking too much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

*2 weeks

they got it up to two weeks tho they really fell behind when they held off Gauss buffs.

They were also on Christmas Vacation so expecting Console to get everything the second DE gets back is asking too much.

It's very, very rarely been two weeks. They somehow pulled it off with Railjack, but 90% of the time it is always about four weeks. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Since you are happy, /thread

Yes, it's a well known thing that people who are happy can't talk about anything and are not allowed to raise anything on forums. My bad.

China doesn't have Warframe at all. They've got a similar but totally different game

It's a branch of Warframe from about 4 years ago. It's different now the same way dogs and wolves are, but it totally was Warframe. We even got Nehza and Wukong from it.

8 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Hint: You have the latter and are actively complaining about it. Keep waiting

No, we don't. We have the buggy beta build from mid-Dec, with no patches at all.

I mean, I'd be fine with the buggy beta+patches, and I'd except stable+occasional patches, those two are fair compromises.

We have buggy beta+no patches. Can you grasp that? It's not that hard. I'm fine with the console standard. I'm fine with buggy previews, I prefer them even. I'm fine with DE doing what they are doing and trying to find a balance between release cost and happy customers. I'm trying to push that balance so they spend the money on more updates.

This isn't about howling into the night, it's about tipping the balance of DE's evaluation of release cost/risk towards sooner rather that later.

They released X1 releases within a fortnight of PC all 2019, brilliant. They got is a buggy Railjack before Chrimbo, also brilliant. But now, now they need to keep us up - a week or two behind PC is fine, but it's 5. 5 weeks behind teaks is fine, 5 weeks behind basically broken stuff is getting a bit rediculous.

Console will probably get an update next week. We should have it now but since DE was off for the holidays were getting it a little later than usual. They should never have released Railjack on console as soon as they did. If we got the update after the holidays like we should Of Railjack wouldn’t be such a Piece of garbage  like it currently is on console. Hell on console zetki section density,predator,hyper flux, forward artillary don’t even exist because veil is bugged and only spawn’s elites still. Kind of funny actually.

2 hours ago, (XB1)JDEALS said:

Console will probably get an update next week

They haven't announced anything in cert, so I really doubt that. Do you have a cite?

We should have it now but since DE was off for the holidays were getting it a little later than usual

No. That excuses us not getting the 27.0.6.1 PC update from the 18th of Dec until after Christmas. It doesn't excuse us still being 35 days behind now, 3 weeks after everyone came back from holiday.

They should never have released Railjack on console as soon as they did.

I'm fine with them doing that. I like that DE gave us it before Christmas.

I don't mind that it was buggy. I mind that it's 35 days later and we haven't had a single fix.

On 2020-01-17 at 6:30 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

They managed to remove tenebrous ephemera in a hotfix without a cert,

Did they? Someone needs to tell all the jerks who join and then quit early from every anomaly mission.

On 2020-01-17 at 6:30 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

You can now trade Avionics in your Dojo or Maroo’s Bazaar

I forgot that one! We don't even have trading yet!

On 2020-01-17 at 11:27 AM, Uhkretor said:

... ssshhhhh~... Dude wants to be on the same level as the PC despite being on an Xbone... I guess he wants to be a beta tester for free, like many PC players actually are...

Thereis actually nothing stopping DE from having beta testers on xb1, if they ever go the pts route on pc, they can do the same on xb1.

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Thereis actually nothing stopping DE from having beta testers on xb1, if they ever go the pts route on pc, they can do the same on xb1.

There is: they don't have beta testers on PC. There's no way to take a saved game back to an older version, which is also what makes cross-platform-save so hard.

If they did have that kind of save-transfer model you could move saves the same way - there isn't really a difference between moving between two versions on two platforms and moving between two versions on the same platform.

Really we're just talking about the stability/release balance for a single version/channel on each platform. No cross-channel and no cross-platform.

The current line is: after the next PC release, but as there's no sign of that and cert it typically about a week we're probably looking at nearly 2 months between Empyrean release and any patch.

4 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Did they? Someone needs to tell all the jerks who join and then quit early from every anomaly mission.

Yes.  Hotfix #3.

Changes:

• Tenebrous Ephemera Removal and Future Acquisition: 
    • TEMPORARILY removed the Tenebrous Ephemera as a drop from Reinforced Sentient Containers aboard the Sentient Anomaly in Veil Proxima. The drop method is causing numerous issues in terms of connectivity stability and player frustration. We’re going to be changing the acquisition method that won’t involve a direct drop rate in a near future Hotfix/Update, and will instead be closer to a token system (complete X Anomaly missions to buy Ephemera from a vendor).
      • The Tenebrous Ephemera will be coming back as soon as possible in a better acquisition method

It's in the patch notes.  If players don't read the patch notes...

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt