Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban still needs a defensive mine

Jhura

After the devstream it confirmed my fear that this new engineer frame would get the things we have been asking FOR YEARS for Vauban.

Even before the rework we had all asked for deployables and a defensive and... both of those requests go to the new frame as DE ignores the request for Vauban. To top this all off, they give us Boost Pad 2.0 with Vector pad, which adds nothing to his kit.

Please can we remover vector pad and get a defensive mine? It shouldn't be too much to ask, as you can obviously do it with another frame, so why not Vauban?

Just give him a mine that is immobile and creates a nullifyer like shield (no it does turn off abilities) that has hp and decreases in size as it gets shot. After not taking damage it blows back up and last for the duration of his other mines, it's hp based on strength. This would work so much better for Vauban than those meme worthy vector pads.

Please, please, please, DE, don't forget about Vauban.

Edited by Jhura
  • Like 3

What's bad about the boost pad is it doesn't feel like a cohesive part of his kit. I mean, while it's fun to launch your allies off the map with it, the way I see it it just doesn't fit. Even a deployable one sided shield would fit better than what he has now. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Well, good luck getting any kind of "stationary shield" deal added to his kit, seeing how the (engineer-y) next Frame
was revealed (from what I half-heard while Warframin') to have exactly such an ability 😛

Yeah, I brought that up in my post. Because we have been asking for this for Vauban and they go ahead an plop it on a new frame. It is a bit of a slap in the face to Vauban players, not gunna lie.

22 minutes ago, Jhura said:

we have been asking for this for Vauban and they go ahead an plop it on a new frame. It is a bit of a slap in the face

Everyone who ever wanted "proper" flight for Zephyr knows that feel brah,
it was so bizarre when suddenly there was Titania ... and now Wukong also has a really good flight thing,
while poor ol' Birbframe still spends a lot of time getting caught on walls / the floor, that is, if you don't choose to uselessly hover in mid-air.

31 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

it was so bizarre when suddenly there was Titania ... and now Wukong also has a really good flight thing,
while poor ol' Birbframe still spends a lot of time getting caught on walls / the floor, that is, if you don't choose to uselessly hover in mid-air.

I feel that. Right now the hover mechanic makes her a sitting duck  (no pun intended) unless you use it to move and even then the use vs cost is not compatible. I do hope she gets some attention as well.

59 минут назад, NinjaZeku сказал:
it was so bizarre when suddenly there was Titania ... ... and now Wukong also has a really good flight thing,

It seems to me that Zephyr was never created for full-fledged flight, but only for the abuse of aim glide mechanics, because it was new and cool back then.

Anyway, right now, only Wukong is in a good place on air mechanics thanks to the Aero Vantage mod, which is simply better than the Zephyr's passive ability. Garuda benefits a lot from this too. Titania unfortunately has a lot of problems with her flight. I wouldn't recommend this for Zephyr until DE at least fix bugs that have been around for 3 years and are only getting bigger when archwing gets an update.

9 hours ago, zhellon said:

It seems to me that Zephyr was never created for full-fledged flight, but only for the abuse of aim glide mechanics, because it was new and cool back then.

Anyway, right now, only Wukong is in a good place on air mechanics thanks to the Aero Vantage mod, which is simply better than the Zephyr's passive ability. Garuda benefits a lot from this too. Titania unfortunately has a lot of problems with her flight. I wouldn't recommend this for Zephyr until DE at least fix bugs that have been around for 3 years and are only getting bigger when archwing gets an update.

Wisp also makes great usage of Aero Vantage because of her passive, and while I do agree with your points I am trying not to derail this too much from a discussion about the lack a decent defensive ability for Vauban and the meme of a mine: vector pad.

15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

it was so bizarre when suddenly there was Titania ...

Yeah, that happens a lot. 

Same thing with shield gating.

"Sorry, shield gate won't work. On an unrelated note, here's a new awesome tank frame with shield gating inherently."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Same thing with shield gating.

"Sorry, shield gate won't work. On an unrelated note, here's a new awesome tank frame with shield gating inherently."

I remember DE saying Hildryn was kind of a test run for a Shield Gating mechanic,
to see how strong / weak it is on her and use that to judge whether or not it's a good idea to make it a general thing.

Of course, none of the latter part there has (as far as we know) happened yet, heh. SoonTM strikes again!

But anyway, on the topic of a defensive something for Booben, I think the Armor buff thing of Bastille is a decent starting point.

Let enemies being caught by / even merely (because lol immune enemies) in range of his CC confer a buff to allies,
it just needs to be a stronger / more immediate effect, and not least, last for more than a few seconds when on the move.

40 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Of course, none of the latter part there has (as far as we know) happened yet, heh. SoonTM strikes again!

I do recall them saying after a while they they felt it wasn't effective. I do understand it's more effective for her due to her ability to recover shields with abilities but it would still be much more effective to have on other frames than not have. 

23 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I do recall them saying after a while they they felt it wasn't effective. I do understand it's more effective for her due to her ability to recover shields with abilities but it would still be much more effective to have on other frames than not have. 

And it would give actual reason to use more of the shield mods for shield-oriented builds on more than just buff momma herself. So many frames already have a relatively high shield without mods, like Mag and Volt for example