Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's being done about broken melee heavy attack?

IIDMOII

Ever since one of the old blood hotfixes that re-added 'hold melee for heavy attack', it has been broken or bugged.

There are a plethora of threads about it in every sub forum but zero response. Erroneous triggering of HEAVY ATTACKS during regular melee swings. 

What is happening here? Its been broken for months and quite frankly it's getting annoying. Can we get an update as to why a core mechanic of the game is broken and what the hold up is for a FIX? 

Imagine if every 15th bullet fired from a gun, it consumed the remainder of your ammo while being stuck in a slow animation which results in a net loss of dps. Would that persist for 3+ months on live servers? Doubtful.

• Like 1

... It was fine when that bug was fixed, but I guess the lazy outcriers won so we got the bug back... and, apparently, nothing's being done about it.

The TECHNIQUE doesn't exist because of it. It keeps getting interrupted... Even for players such as me, that do tap the attack button instead of tap and holding (because that's what happens) for random time intervals between 0 second and 1 second.

I didn't notice any mention of it whatsoever during today's devstream, despite the attention it received at the top of the Devstream 136 thread ("Ask your questions here!", it says). Literally the first and most-upvoted comment, and it's not even a particularly difficult topic to address or anything, yet it was completely ignored in typical DE fashion.

I'd love for this to get fixed. Same goes for the probably-very-very-related bug where Aim manages to toggle itself on during melee attacks despite M2 not being pressed. But alas, Melee 3.0 is now in the past and DE has their sights set on something new and shiny.

If this issue doesn't catch DE's attention again while Melee 3.0's "demon mode" is being implemented, then I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another half-decade for Melee 4.0 or whatever until this gets fixed.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... It was fine when that bug was fixed, but I guess the lazy outcriers won so we got the bug back... and, apparently, nothing's being done about it.

The best part about that, is it's obvious people don't really use the hold key for heavy attacks with combos because it doesn't work in the middle of most combos, doesn't work for all weapons or stances either. Silva & Aegis can't trigger heavy attacks for example, and Nikana Blind Justice you can't heavy attack holding the attack key after the second attack, this is why when using Nikanas heavy attack triggers accidentally at the start of a combo, or when you're mixing combos/slides; but you can use the dedicated heavy attack during these periods and a heavy attack will trigger even though it doesn't for holding it.

If someone was only spamming heavy attacks, then holding the key is so slow and you may as well have just rebound the attack to what ever your melee key was because it's faster.