Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazards and Abuse

Damocles

Today's sortie was void with second mission interception+radiation hazards. These spawn clouds that enable friendly fire, and we had the map with the perfect symmetry with B being in the center. I was playing nova so my 4 can slow enemies down, and the perfect spot was B. As host, I got there to my surprise that there was a radiation exactly centered on B. I stood on the light post which counts as B without being in the radiation. I used my 4 and periodically refreshed it.

Then comes this dude who spawns near me. He wasn't spawned in the cloud, but he wanted to take B likely for the same geometric reason because he was also nova. He immediately noticed after 5 seconds I wasn't moving from the light post and he eventually got procced by both radiation and my nova's 4. I watched him because typically everyone picks a site and guards it, and hes in my site. He ground slams his heavy blade into me and kills me. I asked him "wtf dude?" he blames me for proccing him with my 4. We argued. Eventually he is convinced I chose to procc him with my 4 and that me dying by his sword was my own fault. I gave him a taste of his own medicine out of spite. He dies in 1 shot. This helps support my argument that I didnt choose to slow him, but I did choose to shoot him because it was my choice to walk into radiation. He calls me a hypocrit, and im fine with that since I actually did choose to take return the favor. He then chooses to walk into clouds again.

Of course this escalated. And I did half the escalating when I demoed the clouds proccing friendly fire and shooting him. He would occasionally sneak over from the direction I wasnt facing to steal some radiation. (This is not how the game works btw, we can pan the view without turning our warframes). I spotted him, so I keep my 18 second interval of molecular prime always on back-to-back in case he chooses to go in. He does, but I don't do anything yet. He shoots my nova which had quick thinking equipped and 18 null stars actively protecting. The stagger effect, which pushed me off my light post and into safety probably saved me. I return 1 shot. BANG! He dies. Of course nobody in the team will resurrect him this time, and I doubt anyone would walk into the radiation cloud after that demonstration. When he respawned, he does the same thing; raining continuous fire towards me while standing in the clouds waiting for the procc, except this time he was activating those laser terminals, which killed a rhino on our team. I had to keep shooting him. It was really annoying that at this point we were fighting a rogue nova than actually capturing towers. I had to keep shooting him because he simply wont stay out of the clouds and simply wont stop player killing. He doesn't even realize that my nova's 4 will constantly give me the advantage. He loses his last revive and leaves the room. Good riddance!

What transpired was the slowest interception mission ever, with 2 towers capped, and 2 players constantly fighting. The radiation cloud was the source of it. I don't blame people for being clumsy, misinformed, or lacking experience in the game. It had to be the way he was intentionally trying to abuse the radiation clouds that really fueled my determination to shoot him first in this western showdown. I don't want to always watch my back in hopes that a trickster doesn't shoot me down for laughs and giggles. I really hope DE reworks radiation so that affects players so shooting allies returns 100% of the damage to themselves so there's really no reason why they want to shoot allies. This player found radiation proccs in its current state to be a buff and was obviously trying to abuse it. That's all I have to say

So instead of realising the other person was an idiot who won't listen to you explaining how things work (evident by the fact they kept arguing) and 'ignoring' them as well as reporting them if they continue being an ass, you escalate the situation?  You were in a public match, expect to come across idiots.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

11 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

So instead of realising the other person was an idiot who won't listen to you explaining how things work (evident by the fact they kept arguiing) and 'ignoring' then as well as reporting them if they continue being an ass, you escalate the situation?  You were in a public match, expect to come across idiots.

More over, to see the Nova had an express advantage in that spot, just to dig in their heels out of principal was not ideal, either. Had there not been some sort of pride and posture involved in holding a spot, they could have taken themselves to the one the Nova isn't guarding. That whole situation could have gone smoothly had either person made an attempt to cooperate.

1 minute ago, kapn655321 said:

More over, to see the Nova had an express advantage in that spot, just to dig in their heels out of principal was not ideal, either. Had there not been some sort of pride and posture involved in holding a spot, they could have taken themselves to the one the Nova isn't guarding. That whole situation could have gone smoothly had either person made an attempt to cooperate.

I think at that point, seeing the only cloud was at point B, he didnt trust me with it, and I didnt trust him with it. It's literally the nuclear deterrent dilemma of who's going to do it first

3 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

That whole situation could have gone smoothly had either person made an attempt to cooperate.

41 minutes ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

He ground slams his heavy blade into me and kills me. I asked him "wtf dude?" he blames me for proccing him with my 4. We argued. Eventually he is convinced I chose to procc him with my 4 and that me dying by his sword was my own fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

I think at that point, seeing the only cloud was at point B, he didnt trust me with it, and I didnt trust him with it. It's literally the nuclear deterrent dilemma of who's going to do it first

The radiation hazard is a potential problem.. exacerbated by people who might act a fool around them.