Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is an example of the worst way to port an update to console.

(PSN)BenHeisennberg

Lets go through a timeline:

Railjack releases on PC.  It is almost instantly turned around and sent to console with most bugs still attached.

PC gets additional bug changes and a massive change to the resource economy.  We're left with launch week version as DE left for Christmas.

RNG gets addressed in early 2020.  More fixes and changes, but PC only.

It is January 28th.  According to the PS4 at 4 stream, we will finally get a version of Railjack that isn't the launch week version, whenever PC gets Kuva Lich changes.

My clanmates, friends, and I have dropped the RNG laden, poor resource economy, bug infested Railjack and have even started gravitating to other games.  On their behalf and mine, I ask that once you finally fix this messed up (and sometimes downright predatory) system, you learn from your mistakes.  I've played a DBG game, I know how poorly a console port can be treated, and I've held you in much higher regard.  Please don't change that.

Edited by (PS4)BenHeisennberg
  • Like 3

That's what happens when you rush an update out for an event instead of when it's ready.

Note: I've had more issues a few patches into Railjack in January than I ever had in December.
Luckily I've also put it down as I have nothing left to farm for.

Hoping more substantial changes / fixes to the mode come out soon, for all platforms. Because it's honestly terrible (from what I've heard and seen online) of the state of Empyrean on consoles right now.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Like 1

Just now, --Brandt-- said:

You can thank all of your console friends that complain about waiting a month for an update after PC gets it. Now y'all get an update quickly and see what it's like?

I don't mind a faster update with slightly more bugs than usual.  Just not a fan of a two month delay for patches in the event DE decides to do so.  Gives the impression we're just a pinata stuffed with cash when a company does that.

I think people appreciated getting Railjack 1 week after PC, even if it was buggy. If all console updates were one week late, we would all be exctatic.

What people don't appreciate ,however ,is not getting any of the crucial patches PC got after that after more than a month of waiting. The update dropped December 17th and we're now at the end of January. In the meanwhile we had to deal with a half-rotting corpse in our living room stinking up the place for more than a month.

I know cert costs money and they probably don't want two certs back to back with a week intervals. But c'mon, we had to endure the whole Christmas vacation in this state , with bad drops , terrible reactors, bad interface and a million bugs, shedu not working .... The least you could do is release the updates up to the great reactor buff and changes to how to acquire sentient ephemera once you came back from vacation, not just a couple small "free" code hotfixes that barely help. It's been a month since the vacations are done, and we're still pretty much at the same spot we were on December 17th.

Not sure in what world is is a good idea to leave an open wound untreated and festering, but that's the choice DE made in this matter. Guess it's better to lose fans and let the impression railjack is a failjack linger on by not releasing a crucial update that would fix most of the core issues.

TLDR - Stop being greedy on cert costs and send what you have to cert, then you can send the lich stuff the next week or so. You can only make a first impression once, and letting the "future of Warframe" fester and die in a corner is frankly terrible marketing and PR. We've had times with two certs back to back before, so it wouldn't even be a first. Do the right thing.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I think people appreciated getting Railjack 1 week after PC, even if it was buggy. If all console updates were one week late, we would all be exctatic.

What people don't appreciate ,however ,is not getting any of the crucial patches PC got after that after more than a month of waiting

And, that's precisely why we don't get updates 1 week after PC.  If DE are continually making changes, at what point do they snap the line and say, "This is what console gets"?  I guarantee you that if they shipped a build today, then people would complain that we didn't get the next hotfix that PC gets.  There really is no way to win for DE.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Thing is, if they sent the great reactor Hotfix to cert two weeks ago, we would have it for a week by now instead of waiting for the yet unreleased lich and next nightwave patch that will probably take another week to finish, test, then a week to cert.

And then people would complain that it takes too long to get the Lich changes.

Just because you personally want to have some specific change now doesn't mean that DE needs to do it now.  Trust me, I'd like the changes to avionics drops, reactors, and mats economy as well, but the reality is that things take time and we need to be patient.

Console, on the whole, have not been patient, and DE tried to get us something quickly to give us a nice surprise, and they've gotten dragged through the mud for it.  No matter what they do, they get attacked.  They can't win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

What people don't appreciate ,however ,is not getting any of the crucial patches PC got after that after more than a month of waiting. The update dropped December 17th and we're now at the end of January. In the meanwhile we had to deal with a half-rotting corpse in our living room stinking up the place for more than a month.

I know cert costs money and they probably don't want two certs back to back with a week intervals. But c'mon, we had to endure the whole Christmas vacation in this state , with bad drops , terrible reactors, bad interface and a million bugs, shedu not working .... The least you could do is release the updates up to the great reactor buff and changes to how to acquire sentient ephemera once you came back from vacation, not just a couple small "free" code hotfixes that barely help. It's been a month since the vacations are done, and we're still pretty much at the same spot we were on December 17th.

Not sure in what world is is a good idea to leave an open wound untreated and festering, but that's the choice DE made in this matter. Guess it's better to lose fans and let the impression railjack is a failjack linger on by not releasing a crucial update that would fix most of the core issues.

TLDR - Stop being greedy on cert costs and send what you have to cert, then you can send the lich stuff the next week or so. You can only make a first impression once, and letting the "future of Warframe" fester and die in a corner is frankly terrible marketing and PR. We've had times with two certs back to back before, so it wouldn't even be a first. Do the right thing.

The trouble with this is that PC gets frequent hotfixes because PC doesn't need to cert updates like consoles do. Remember, a lot of the time here on PC the hotfixes introduce new bugs that would straight up prevent them from being certified on a console, and since DE relies on PC players to beta test, we need time to find any new bugs they add. It's the price we pay for being on the serrated edge of warframe updates. DE needs to squash those new bugs if they want their new update to pass cert, which takes time. If you guys want faster updates for your consoles, you can either start buying more plat to give DE an economic incentive to push updates onto consoles faster, or you can petition Sony/Microsoft to loosen their cert requirements.

5 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

And, that's precisely why we don't get updates 1 week after PC.  If DE are continually making changes, at what point do they snap the line and say, "This is what console gets"?  I guarantee you that if they shipped a build today, then people would complain that we didn't get the next hotfix that PC gets.  There really is no way to win for DE.

I think there's a pretty clear consensus that the latest PC patch is a good build for a cert candidate. It's not perfect yet, since RJ has a couple fundamental flaws that will take time to iron out, but it would improve so many core issues with RJ that it's almost mandatory to get it to consoles asap. Why even play RJ on consoles right now :

It doesn't have the 4 percent drops on Vidar and Lavan stuff.

Reactors have their old stats.

All the good avionics are bugged and not dropping or not present in veil yet.

Even when good stuff drops, you miss it since it's not highlighted on map.

End of mission rewards do not give enough ressources to build stuff (1 ressource vs 1500 on pc)

No 80 percent return on scrapped items.

Shedu doesn't work and keeps jamming.

Many missions still uncompletable due to crewships stuck in walls or not spawning, or other fixed PC issues.

Removal of eidolon ephemeras and capture scenes without new acquisition existing yet, making running them pointless as they don't give anomaly shards.

Frankly, my gut feeling is that the only reason it's not on consoles yet is because they are making insane money on plat purchases of rush repair drones and they know deploying the next update will kill that cash cow for them. The longer they delay the update, the longer they can keep selling a gazillion of these due to people knowing it's going away soon and they need to stock on the thing.

Another argument can me made that by leaving players free to pursue the ivara abort farm for a month, they are also killing long-term progression, as people are now pretty much maxed out since DE didn't act fast to bring us the nerf fix.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I think there's a pretty clear consensus that the latest PC patch is a good build for a cert candidate. It's not perfect yet, since RJ has a couple fundamental flaws that will take time to iron out, but it would improve so many core issues with RJ that it's almost mandatory to get it to consoles asap.

Sure, now there's a rather large list.  People were asking for updates well before lots of those items were available or ready to port to console.  And, by the time they got this far to have all those things, they looked ahead and said, "Hey, we have another update-worthy thing coming.  Why cert twice rather quickly, when we can cert once and drop a large update all at once?"  Seems like a pretty reasonable thing to me.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Frankly, my gut feeling is that the only reason it's not on consoles yet is because they are making insane money on plat purchases of rush repair drones and they know deploying the next update will kill that cash cow for them.

If that were the case, they wouldn't be removing them from the market.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Another argument can me made that by leaving players free to pursue the ivara abort farm for a month, they are also killing long-term progression, as people are now pretty much maxed out since DE didn't act fast to bring us the nerf fix.

That's the fault of the players.  If those players get bored because they have nothing to do, they need only look in the mirror - especially as what they are doing is probably an exploit (abusing the glitch to spawn near the objective with the RJ safe and far away certainly is).