Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GUIDE: How To Post Images In The Forum

Yxivi

Question

Not a question but a guide on how to post images here in the forums. Dunno where to post this really, if in here or in General Discussion or Off Topic or somewhere else. Mods pls. just move it in the appropriate section, I just thought that it's about helping other players although it isn't game related at all. 😕

I've been browsing the contest section and many people are clueless on how to post an image instead of the link to their image, so hopefully this thread will help anyone that wants to post an image in the forums be it for contests, for screenshots or just some art you wanna share to everyone.

1. First, you need to upload your image somewhere. A quick google search for "image uploading site" should give you a lot of result but here are some sites you can try:
(these sites don't require you to make an account to upload, so they are ideal when you just want to upload something quick, like for bug report screenshot or something)
• imgur
• imgbb
• pasteboard

2. After you upload your image, you can just copy the image and paste it in the forums. 

3. If that didn't work, you can right click the image and select "copy image address" and paste it in the forums. Some image uploading sites give you the image URL right away.
An image URL is something that ends with .jpg or .png or .gif
This is an image URL https://i.imgur.com/4xW0RsP.jpg
This is not an image URL https://imgur.com/a/0weGbbC

4. AND VOILA! Your image should now show up in your post instead of a link to the image! 

RM4dmeR.png

Side note: There is a lengthy version that is on another person's quote lol. You can try that if for some reason your image just don't wanna show up or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Yxivi
  • Like 4

8 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Not a question but a guide on how to post images here in the forums. Dunno where to post this really, if in here or in General Discussion or Off Topic or somewhere else. Mods pls. just move it in the appropriate section, I just thought that it's about helping other players although it isn't game related at all. 😕

I've been browsing the contest section and many people are clueless on how to post an image instead of the link to their image, so hopefully this thread will help anyone that wants to post an image in the forums be it for contests, for screenshots or just some art you wanna share to everyone.

1. First, you need to upload your image somewhere. A quick google search for "image uploading site" should give you a lot of result but here are some sites you can try:
(these sites don't require you to make an account to upload, so they are ideal when you just want to upload something quick, like for bug report screenshot or something)
• imgur
• imgbb
• pasteboard

2. After you upload your image, you wanna look for the button "Insert image from URL" in the forums, it's on the lower right corner.
WqAaKbe.png

3. Clicking it will ask for URL but the URL it needs is the image URL, it should end in something like .jpg or .png or .gif
An example of image URL is this https://i.imgur.com/WqAaKbe.png
This is not an image URL https://imgur.com/WqAaKbe

Where to find the image URL? Depending on where you are getting the image...
• Sometimes it's on the address bar BUT if the address bar is not ending in .jpg or .png or .gif, then that's not the image URL.
• Usually, right clicking the image and selecting "Copy image address" should give you the image URL, ready to be pasted.
• Some image uploading sites give you the image URL right away.
As long as the URL is ending in .jpg or .png or .gif, then it should work.

4. AND VOILA! Your image should now show up in your post instead of a link to the image! 

RM4dmeR.png

1. go on imgur
  2. upload the image
  3. copy image
  4. paste image
  5. done
    Thats how i do it
  • Like 1

Ahe, it's a habit from other message boards, they don't always automatically display the image when you paste it (it will just appear as a link or will not display at all 😧) so I always insert images using a button (or BB tags) rather than assuming it will display my image correctly. Anyway, that's nice to know. 😃

3 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Ahe, it's a habit from other message boards, they don't always automatically display the image when you paste it (it will just appear as a link or will not display at all 😧) so I always insert images using a button (or BB tags) rather than assuming it will display my image correctly. Anyway, that's nice to know. 😃

You'll learn with practice tbh.

But yeah, I can literally just copy and paste your image, as well as virtually any image off of google images. If it doesn't work, look for the image source.

• Like 2

Just now, DeMonkey said:

You'll learn with practice tbh.

But yeah, I can literally just copy and paste your image, as well as virtually any image off of google images. If it doesn't work, look for the image source.

Aye, I know that now. 😃 But seems like some people are still clueless on how to post an image (see the contest threads).
Imma edit my main post.