Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Larvaling farming is getting old

Sorarii

I'm not saying just let me pick the weapon I'd like for my lich, but at least give larvalings the same treatment you gave liches before the weapon preview in that they can't roll the same weapon twice. Anything to lessen the RNG involved in grinding out a weapon you're after. Or let me target weapon groups. Something. I've been trying to get a Quartakk to roll for the last few nights and at some point I started tracking my progress because I was having such bad luck. I've probably had at least another 30 or so attempts before I started this. Getting a bit tired of it tbh. Am I alone here?

Ayanga 6
Brakk 8
Bramma 4
Chakkhurr 4
Drakgoon 3
Hind 5
Karak 7
Kohm 5
Kraken 2
Nukor 4
Ogris 4
Quartakk 0
Seer 4
Shildeg 4
Stubbas 8
Tonkor 4

Total Runs 72
  • Like 1

Tbh i think this is more a symptom of WF in general. RNG rewards fall down when you are looking for a specific item. You can run a ton of RNG rolls, and neither get the reward you wanted, nor have actually made any progress. Now in all fairness DE have been making advances in this by adding in tokens for various things, but i think they are holding off expanding this out too quickly, not only to slow players down, but to prevent the game having like 50 types of token that needs a wiki to keep track of.

I'd like to see a system in the codex that allows you to mark certain rewards as preferable, so that when you roll RNG that has the potential to drop a prefered reward, if you don't get a prefered reward, it increases the drop weighting for that item across the board at the cost of non-prefered items. If all items in a drop table are marked as preferable, then no changes can be made. Being able to mark resources, prime parts, mods etc for this system. Would take a lot of work and probably rewriting a huge chunk of the game, but it would add a sense of progress to 'failed' rolls

Honestly, I'd rather have it so that doing a perfect spy mission (read: zero alarms at any point) on the kuva fortress tileset allows you to change the production line for "special" weapons so that it makes one specific type for the next batch. That type being the weapon that your next larvaling has.

That way, you get to pick what gun you'd want, and the game gets tied together just that little bit more.

Murmur & Requiem Mod grind. That's the vast majority of what this content is, and it isn't radically different or game-changing either. While grinding for Murmurs is a boring thing to do, the Requiem Mod grind is objectively worse. Being screwed over by RNG in an inferior brand of Relic missions is by far the worst part of the Lich experience, the only other thing that came that close to being as infuriating as the Requiem Mod grind was when Liches bodied you when you didn't have the proper Mod combo.

I have a problem with this too. I've been trying to grind a Kuva Hind and I haven't gotten one roll out of a dozen tries. Tangentially related: the grind is made so much worse because I often accidentally make Liches I don't want.

Every time a player passes up on a weapon, that weapon's chance to re-appear in the pool should be proportionally lowered. So the game "learns" what weapon you want in-between Liches.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan

I don't mind the murmur grind so much. I've killed 25 or so liches and it's about an hour or two of time, less if I'm lucky. That portion of lich killing is linear and finite. Requiem relics have been extremely frustrating for me, though. So many traces thrown in only to get another riven sliver -_-. Larvaling fishing gets my goat though because I could be farming murmurs or cracking said relics yet here I am, passing on another Brakk. I'm probably three hours deep on very unrewarding content at this point, just fishing for a single weapon. I don't even care about the bonus%. I'll repost my tracker progress when I knock out tonight or when I get a Quartakk to roll. Whichever happens first.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (PS4)IndianChiefJeff:

... the Requiem Mod grind is objectively worse.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Sorarii:

Requiem relics have been extremely frustrating for me, though. So many traces thrown in only to get another riven sliver -_-.

Don't grind them solo. I just go Kuva requiem survival, best case also take a weapon to level with you. You'll get Kuva, Void Traces, Requiem mods, XP and tons of fun with random strangers. Win?

To get a specific Kuva weapon with 99% probability, you'll need to do 74 runs. Means killing 74 larvlings. I'd suggest you do 2 more runs 😉

8 minutes ago, (XB1)OdinAsteroid said:

Don't grind them solo. I just go Kuva requiem survival, best case also take a weapon to level with you. You'll get Kuva, Void Traces, Requiem mods, XP and tons of fun with random strangers. Win?

I dunno about tons of fun. The kuva fortress tileset is the single worst place in the entire game. A horrible maze of twisty passages, all alike. The only time I ever go there is to try and get requiem mods (why are these things even finite usage anyway?) and I resent the crap out of it.

You are being somewhat unlucky in getting what you want. The chance of Quartakk not spawning in 72 runs is 0.00959, slightly below 1%, assuming that all these runs have been independent, which does not have to be true. I can try and run some independence test on your data to see if they are really independent. The sample is small but may be sufficient to get some conclusion. Optionally, for an independence test, it will be nice to know the sequence of spawns. Although it might work without it.

It is barely working due to insufficient sample size. I was able to do two tests: 1) a simple Chi squared independence, which passed the Pearson's test (P=0.003) but did not pass the optional more powerful maximal likelihood test (not enough data) and 2) a normality test, which again marginally passed at P=0.07 (P>0.05). So, from statistical point of view, your result look more or less reasonable, nothing that is standing out or suggesting a conspiracy, just a run of bad luck.

Edited by akots

vor einer Stunde schrieb DoomFruit:

The only time I ever go there is to try and get requiem mods...

The view in some of the outside areas is great! You can see bigs parts of the surrounding asteroid belt and some distant stars. In that area where the huge cannon is, balance all the way up to the top of the barrel. Ask Excal Deluxe for some herbs, he's got the best stuff around. Sit down and enjoy. The Grineer won't even notice you up there no worries. I've done that countless times 😉

It is pretty amazing - two days ago, I earned around 4500 Kuva trying to get a Kohm to show up. That included aborting about 10 Adaro runs, too (Cassini I don't abort, because the whole mission takes less time to finish than to quit; Adaro the larvaling usually shows up about halfway, so if it's no good...I'm out). 

On the upside, hey, 4500 Kuva.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe