Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus's Replacement

Anduril0103

Ordis is most likely, but it also seems that DE is putting in effort to use more characters as mission handlers. Cy is the handler for Railjack, Little Duck does Disruption, Eudico does Vallis missions, Konzu does PoE missions. I think either Ordis will pick up everything that digi-lotus did previously, or a wide range of characters will all help by doing 1 or 2 mission types each.

I’m sure it will still be The Lotus. I just hope she gets a redesign or come back in a different fashion after we “rescue” her. I think it will be boring of Lotus turning back to her roots leading up to this long hype to see how the her story progresses. Just for us to save her and she still looks the same. 

Although I doubt that the Lotus is going to die (more story potential alive than dead) in part because I think that it's the Sentients brainwashing her (all the talk of the Orokin doing it being a lie planted by Erra or 'Mother') which she could be released from. That said, I also don't think she's going to go back to her original role and instead take on a new one, since it'd be a bit of a poor character arc otherwise. My bet as a kind of Ambassador - they've been setting up the Sentients as having both a sympathetic streak and being beyond redemption, so I reckon they'll go with the idea that the Sentients in the system are radicalised extremists, and there's a portion of them (possibly back in Tau) that's willing to co-exist. It keeps the Sentients as an enemy faction, sets up more story potential with a new friendly faction, gives the Lotus a new role that builds on her previous one (having already co-existed for years) and follows up on the Tenno's coming-of-age story by leaving them in a more independent state.

With that in mind, I imagine they'll extend something they've been doing to older missions - varying the narrator between mission types or locations. Like Ordis guiding for Jupiter Disruption/Sabotage, Eudico for Fortuna bounties and Cy for Railjack. Lotus will likely narrate some missions still though - likely any referring to her future role.

• Like 2

I mean, DE did say (I think) that the sentients only turned on the Orokin because they knew that the Orokin would completely exaust the Tau system. So, think of them as extremely violent environmentalists. So, the overall theme is that we should be better human beings and not use up everything in existance. I mean, if we could somehow negotiate with the sentients about a cease fire or "Peace Treaty" (more like a you don't bother me, I don't bother you sort of thing), that could be a viable end to the new war. But because literally everything DE does includes some sort of non-diplomatic solution, we would probably end up with another sun-neutral-moon choice.

Yeah, but the Orokin are dead now, and really aren't going to abuse the environment the way they planned to which started the Old War.  The Sentients invading for this New War aren't motivated by the desire to stop an enemy they've already beaten.  They're invading as revenge for the abuse they as a whole and Natah's family in specific suffered during the War.  They aren't thinking in terms of tactics or goals beyond just lashing out until we find some way...to take away their pain.

On 2020-02-25 at 3:00 AM, Galoain said:

Yeah, but the Orokin are dead now, and really aren't going to abuse the environment the way they planned to which started the Old War.  The Sentients invading for this New War aren't motivated by the desire to stop an enemy they've already beaten.  They're invading as revenge for the abuse they as a whole and Natah's family in specific suffered during the War.  They aren't thinking in terms of tactics or goals beyond just lashing out until we find some way...to take away their pain.

Like the operator for warframes? It could work, like therapy I guess. But then begs the question, how did the tenno take away the pain of the warframes? I mean transference could be something to start with like we could be just erasing away their minds, but then that contradicts Exalibro Umbra's sentience. We also need to remember that the sentients have some really violent allergies to the void, which the operator uses to operate the warframes (IDK if that's true, just assuming). So, how do they take the pain away?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blocker306 said:

Like the operator for warframes? It could work, like therapy I guess. But then begs the question, how did the tenno take away the pain of the warframes? I mean transference could be something to start with like we could be just erasing away their minds, but then that contradicts Exalibro Umbra's sentience. We also need to remember that the sentients have some really violent allergies to the void, which the operator uses to operate the warframes (IDK if that's true, just assuming). So, how do they take the pain away?

You raise a good point, Operative powers and stuff aren't going to be useful in this.  I just feel like the ideal solution isn't really something Warframe as a game is equipped to do: actually talking to characters and getting them to negotiate...Combat is really the only tool in the box, so any chance of reaching peace in the Origin system would come from DE's writing.

9 hours ago, Galoain said:

You raise a good point, Operative powers and stuff aren't going to be useful in this.  I just feel like the ideal solution isn't really something Warframe as a game is equipped to do: actually talking to characters and getting them to negotiate...Combat is really the only tool in the box, so any chance of reaching peace in the Origin system would come from DE's writing.

I guess, I mean most likely we would be getting a sun-neutral-moon choice like with the war within tho.

I am still hoping we'll get the syndicate leaders as Comms Officers. I particularly want Suda, and I want the story of the Arbiters fleshed out.

Edit: I'd also been dreaming up a scenario involving a 'good' orokin leading a hidden enclave of refugees amidst the infestation of Eris, so a 'good' orokin would be appealing to me as well.

Edited by Colyeses