Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe Exilus "Sentry Mod" 

(PSN)ImTheOx

30 minutes ago, Turtle_Recall said:

I believe like this would make umbra not unique and trivialize some basic content

Yeah this. This is what make the umbra unique. Plus there could be a few more (I’m sure the starter frames are gonna be umbra which just leaves volt & mag) Besides, it’s not something you’ll be using a whole lot. I jump into my operator just to heal or revive. I’m never in my operator longer than 5 second outside of eidolon hunting. 

7 hours ago, zhellon said:

They promised a consumable item that gives your frame a specter function when using the operator. But, apparently, they forgot about it.

They promised it, it was to be called Echoes of Umbra, and it could be applied to 1 frame at a time, would last 24 hours, could be removed before time was up and applied to another frame, and they were putting it on the highest reward tier of the expansion to Disruption missions if you played the one on Lua.

But because it was supposed to only last for 24 hours, could only be applied to one frame at a time, and was supposed to be a high level reward to promote the new Disruption expansion onto Lua, the community naturally had some... dislike for it.

For one thing, the Spectre AI isn't very good. It's okay on Wukong because his Clone has the updated super-aggressive AI, but it's terrible else. For another DE also said that because of the limitations on the function, the Echoes would just leave the Warframes as weapons platforms, they wouldn't all be able to cast their abilities properly and they wouldn't be able to make them any better than the standard Spectres for targeting and movement.

So, like the ridiculous changes they were proposing to the IPS Status during Khora's release, it didn't get a very good reception. The general response was 'but that's terrible, if we're going to have that function put in, hold off and make it a good function first please'.

After which DE pulled the idea and have gone back to the drawing board with it.

No word on when they will actually put it in, or if at any point they'll have made it worth it or not.

28 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

For one thing, the Spectre AI isn't very good. It's okay on Wukong because his Clone has the updated super-aggressive AI, but it's terrible else. For another DE also said that because of the limitations on the function, the Echoes would just leave the Warframes as weapons platforms, they wouldn't all be able to cast their abilities properly and they wouldn't be able to make them any better than the standard Spectres for targeting and movement.

So, like the ridiculous changes they were proposing to the IPS Status during Khora's release, it didn't get a very good reception. The general response was 'but that's terrible, if we're going to have that function put in, hold off and make it a good function first please'.

The problem is more often than not it seens like DE does not understand it's own game or how to implement natural restrictions into system. 

If they fear pseudo umbra frames playing the game by itself they could change the AI to only targets enemies within the tenho line lf sight and priotize thr closest one from thr player crosshair. This way the warframe would be autonomous but would require player imput. As a compensation buff void damage would proc a damage amplification debuff. So performing a 1 to 2 punch with your warframe would feel good.

As far as damage system are concerned I lost my faith on DE ever fixing it after seeing Railjack damage system. It the same mistakes all over again.

Procs happen after damage calculations , meaning low Rof weapons are screwed.

Useless cc proc ( accuracy debuff on a single enemy is a joke )

CC procs that make enemies harder to hit.

Stacking damage application debuffs ( the armor reduction one and the damage amplification one ) are not tied to the weapons unmoded damage. Once again screwing low ROF weapons.

Damage proc that takes ages to do its damage ( partially fixed after the space fire buff ) 

Ridiculous armor scaling and doble dipping nature of armor.

It is the same mistakes of warframes usual damage system. Surprinsinly they made it worse by adding a unerfed condition overload on the tear proc and than they wondered why the cingas could take down a veil crew Ship faster than the rail jack main gun.

I think one major thing people have seemed to miss thusfar is that the "spectre" is stationary:

12 hours ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

the warframe becomes a sentry turret that stays put and uses its primary or secondary weapon

Which does mean, while it isn't super useful (appropriate for it being an exilus mod), it also isn't stepping on the toes of Umbra and other spectres / spectre abilities. It's also probably easier to code, since there's minimal (read: pretty much no) AI to worry about.

On 2020-02-16 at 9:54 AM, Turtle_Recall said:

I believe like this would make umbra not unique and trivialize some basic content

Sentry mod makes your warframe stationary, it does not run around or use powers or melee. it stays in one place and uses only primary or secondary guns. 

It would just be used to afk farm.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

Sentry mod makes your warframe stationary, it does not run around or use powers or melee. it stays in one place and uses only primary or secondary guns. 

That wouldn't stop people from using it to afk farm endless game modes where enemies tend to flock towards set locations/players.

On 2020-02-16 at 1:31 AM, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Yeah this. This is what make the umbra unique. Plus there could be a few more (I’m sure the starter frames are gonna be umbra which just leaves volt & mag) Besides, it’s not something you’ll be using a whole lot. I jump into my operator just to heal or revive. I’m never in my operator longer than 5 second outside of eidolon hunting. 

I hope loki gets one before volt

On 2020-02-17 at 3:39 AM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It would just be used to afk farm.

IIRC, they have measures against that, partly in health upkeep, mostly in "going AFK for too long deactivates the spectre AI so they stand there until everyone dies". Wukong and Umbra already have that "afk farm" potential, after all.