Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the Duviri Paradox?

40PE

29 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Didn't they say Duviri was supposed to come before?

They didn't give a date for Duviri but date for The New War during last Tennocon was Christmas 2019. I'm not complaining that The New War didn't make it in time but since it had a date and Duviri didn't I think it's safe to assume that Duviri will be after The New War.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Spear and paradox are events, not expansions.   Nowhere near as much work required to push out.

We don't know about Paradox. There's very little information - the video description for the Trailer indicates it's an open world, but it could be anything, honestly.

As for spear, it seems to be half update, half event. It does implement Squad Link, remember, so it's reasonable to assume that there will be other squad link things with it, or shortly after it. Still less than a full expansion, but it's not just an event.

I'm under the impression that Duviri Paradox is the next story chapter after New War.

The New War is supposed to be released bit by bit over the course of this year according to some of the recent devstreams, so it's unlikely that we'll get Paradox until next year sometime. This is also keeping in line with DE's historic release timelines: they announce something at Tennocon, then it takes 12-18 months before they're ready to ship it. Sacrifice was like that, being introduced in July 2017 and released in July 2018. Railjack was introduced at Tennocon 2018 and not launched till Christmas 2019. They only teased Paradox at the end of the Railjack demo at Tennocon 2019, so it'll likely be late 2020 to mid 2021 before it releases.

Some speculate that the Tenno lose The New War, which is what kicks off The Duviri Paradox. If true, then we certainly wont see Paradox till next year.

13 hours ago, 40PE said:

Just watching the last devstream, and coming next is scarlet spear and deadlock protocol expansions... But wasn't Duviri Paradox in the works along with Empyrean? I would expect that to come out first no? Is that on hold or something? O.o

They are talking about events like plague star or the acoylytes.  The duviri paradox will br more like cetus and orb valis.  Give it time.  We still got more railjack in the works and the new war.

2 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

I'm under the impression that Duviri Paradox is the next story chapter after New War.

The New War is supposed to be released bit by bit over the course of this year according to some of the recent devstreams, so it's unlikely that we'll get Paradox until next year sometime. This is also keeping in line with DE's historic release timelines: they announce something at Tennocon, then it takes 12-18 months before they're ready to ship it. Sacrifice was like that, being introduced in July 2017 and released in July 2018. Railjack was introduced at Tennocon 2018 and not launched till Christmas 2019. They only teased Paradox at the end of the Railjack demo at Tennocon 2019, so it'll likely be late 2020 to mid 2021 before it releases.

Some speculate that the Tenno lose The New War, which is what kicks off The Duviri Paradox. If true, then we certainly wont see Paradox till next year.

Maybe we are not faring well against the sentients so in order to win we go into the void to further advance our operater void powers.  Hence what appears to be an adult operater and alternate paradaxical universes.

By becoming one with our older paradox selves more void powers are unlocked.  And the tenno gain stronger adult bodies to fight with.

If duviri overhauls the tenno creator with the option to choose age and sliders to really make our tenno whatever we want. I'm in.

Maybe along with amps and powers we'll get void swords.