Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to host public sessions.

TheMostFrench

Right now we can host solo, friend only, or invite only games, but become a public host if there are no joinable sessions in progress on our mission of choice. Can we also have an option to host public sessions, even if other sessions are in progress? Sometimes we might want to start from the beginning of a mission but are happy to have others join us. For example, I don't mind joining boss missions in progress because sometimes I can hop in before extraction for quick parts, but sometimes I want to farm something like Argon Crystals, only to join a survival or defense mission and find everyone is leaving.

Edited by TheMostFrench
  • Like 1

You can sort of do this tho?
When you start a mission, it will do a countdown, sometimes it will look for a squad. If it does this, click X to cancel and keep re-selecting the mission until it stops trying to find a squad and eventually the mission will start with you as Host. Tho I think depending on how busy the node is, it might just keep getting a squad. But I've been doing this on missions where I want to host and wouldn't mind random people joining in. 

Edited by Yxivi

5 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

You can sort of do this tho?
When you start a mission, it will do a countdown, sometimes it will look for a squad. If it does this, click X to cancel and keep re-selecting the mission until it stops trying to find a squad and eventually the mission will start with you as Host. Tho I think depending on how busy the node is, it might just keep getting a squad. But I've been doing this on missions where I want to host and wouldn't mind random people joining in. 

I find this to be very laggy and buggy. Sometimes it will start putting me into a squad and there is no timer to cancel, or the timer is less than 3 seconds. Like you said sometimes you have to click then leave again and again, seems like it would be easier to just have a toggle to be host or not.

On 2020-02-21 at 11:10 AM, TheMostFrench said:

I find this to be very laggy and buggy. Sometimes it will start putting me into a squad and there is no timer to cancel, or the timer is less than 3 seconds. Like you said sometimes you have to click then leave again and again, seems like it would be easier to just have a toggle to be host or not.

I wasn't against your suggestion tho. I just told you about the method in case you didn't know so you can try it for now coz we'll never know if they'll add something like this.
Coz I'm pretty sure this isn't the first thread that asked for a feature like this

On 2020-02-20 at 8:32 PM, TheMostFrench said:

Sometimes we might want to start from the beginning of a mission but are happy to have others join us.

Yes I agree. A better option is to have these:
1. "Join mid game" on or off.
2. Option to wait for more players until filled to 4 players to start mission, with option for anyone in squad to force start while not yet filled.

Often times, I just want to start mission from the beginning for synthesis scans or syndicate medallions / seeds / quittance / marks. These don't matter if hosting or not as long as the countdown to start mission shows and the mission begin with opening, landing into mission cutscene. This can work for most missions, except Fortuna and Cetus bounties.

Currently there are a few ways to always host or never join mid game.

Using invites or stay in squad: With 2 or more players in public, the game can always start mission from the beginning, and never join players in a middle of mission.

Empyrean: To host, go inside Railjack to use Navigation. Clients can just use Orbiter's navigation, but may need to turn off ping limit to reduce the problem of no squad found.

Free roam: To host, go to Cetus/Fortuna, set to friends only (not public), maybe start bounty, enter door to Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, while loading, quickly open menu and set to Public. Will always host. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1083201-start-mission-as-host-option-for-eidolon-and-fortuna/

Edited by sam686
  • Like 1

I can say this is a logical suggestion, to host on demand and to add here another side option for host, to be able to choose if he wants 3 or 4 people in group. This can make huge difference for everyone in that team, as 4 seems to cause lags-spikes-fps drops, depending on map, graphic fx, what settings each player uses etc.. while on 3, all is smooth and good, almost like solo. Those issues are not host dependable always, as the connection of each member plays its role, depending on how fast it communicates with host (send-receive), thus affecting all players and the gameplay itself.

Setting the PC type in options-gameplay to Desktop increases chances for someone to host or Laptop to join.