Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Rework, and opinions on it.

(PSN)grayscale358

1 minute ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Because there's going to be a point where danse falls off in ttk compared to reave + enthrall, which always has the same speed, no matter the enemy, no matter the level.

By the time Danse falls off you’ve likely already spent far too long in the mission. Trying to kill excessively high level enemies isn’t worth the relics and endo you can get for facing lowers levels.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

By the time Danse falls off you’ve likely already spent far too long in the mission. Trying to kill excessively high level enemies isn’t worth the relics and endo you can get for facing lowers levels.

Sentients, John Prodman, 100% resource booster in kuva survival. People do endurance runs for fun. Revenant excels at this playstyle. Just like how Chroma's major use, due to his eventual cap on damage and the less effective armor as it scales up for players, is eidolons. You said Chroma is a tank. Except Chroma, Nidus, Inaros, Rhino and every other tank in the game have an eventual cap on their damage, and survivability. Revenant does not have a cap. Damage reduction, is nothing compared to ignoring damage. 30k damage is going to tickle some enemies. 50% health is still a 2 shot at no matter what. Uncapped damage is less effective on low level foes. Higher levels however is where Rev shines. Because eventually, 90% damage reduction will still be a one hit kill to players.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Sentients, John Prodman, 100% resource booster in kuva survival. People do endurance runs for fun. Revenant excels at this playstyle. Just like how Chroma's major use, due to his eventual cap on damage and the less effective armor as it scales up for players, is eidolons. You said Chroma is a tank. Except Chroma, Nidus, Inaros, Rhino and every other tank in the game have an eventual cap on their damage, and survivability. Revenant does not have a cap. Damage reduction, is nothing compared to ignoring damage. 30k damage is going to tickle some enemies. 50% health is still a 2 shot at no matter what. Uncapped damage is less effective on low level foes. Higher levels however is where Rev shines. Because eventually, 90% damage reduction will still be a one hit kill to players.

You act like they’re cap is like level 9.

I shouldn’t have to wait for enemies to reach level 300 for my frames existence in the mission to feel justified. If I didn’t want to play Warframe for 5 hours I just wouldn’t play Warframe.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You act like they’re cap is like level 9.

I shouldn’t have to wait for enemies to reach level 300 for my frames existence in the mission to feel justified. If I didn’t want to play Warframe for 5 hours I just wouldn’t play Warframe.

Then don't play Rev, but don't break him for those that do. You, are one of the minority who want Rev to be completely changed to match what you think would be best. There are other frames for you to play, and obviously you don't like Revs kit, or his design. Just, don't play him. Easy fix, don't play him, and leave him be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Then don't play Rev, but don't break him for those that do. You, are one of the minority who want Rev to be completely changed to match what you think would be best. There are other frames for you to play, and obviously you don't like Revs kit, or his design. Just, don't play him. Easy fix, don't play him, and leave him be.

Funny how you say I’m the minority because there’s been far more Revenant rework threads than Revenant praise threads.

In fact this is your Revenant rework thread. So I don’t know why you’re defending him if you’ve made a post about how he needs improvements.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Considering I’ve seen the best Danse Macabre can do. No he can’t scale his damage up to level 200.

He’s the exact opposite of well rounded. Enthrall is garbage CC, you’re literally better off killing the enemy, we’ve already been over why Mesmer Skin is the worst tank ability in the game, Reave is nowhere near being considered a good movement ability, it’s cast time already makes it inferior to a bullet jump. Danse is good tho, makes everything else he “offers” redundant because they’re so garbage.

As you said it yourself. If you want actual good Jacks of all trades pick Oberon or Wisp. Tho Danse Macabre is arguably better than Sol Gate because who tf makes a narrow beam attack deal 1 damage instance per second.

He can since his danse does what it should, which is clear trash. The you rely on your defenses and weapon of choice to take out the heavies. Kinda like uh all other AoE frames except for Saryn and possibly Mesa (if he near static damage dealing survives level 200 well enough). All other AoE frames will rely on weapons after taking out the weakest trash with AoE.

Enthrall is wonderful CC, since you only need to use it at a single target and let it spread, taking away damage otherwise incoming towards you or your group. Mesmer Skin is bad if you are bad at playing Rev, no wait, if you are really bad at playing Rev. Even when I started out the basic charges lasted me a long time without me really knowing what the #*!% I was doing with him. When I read about it on paper pre-release I though "bleh, garbage skill that wont last!" but I was proven wrong. And regarding reave all I can say is L2Reave. You dont use reave as an either/or next to bullet jump, you use it along side bullet jump. Bullet Jump transitioned into aim-glide transitioned into reave = win-win traveling. Would be fun to see how little you've actually played Rev since the more you type, the less you seem to know about him.

Those are good options too, but different. I cant really sit down and play Obe or Wisp if I want what is in Rev's kit, just as I dont sit down and play Wisp if I want the playstyle of Obe, even though they are both buffing support frames with similar intent. As for sol gate, yeah it is garbage if you dont make use of the synergy, at which point it becomes one of the biggest damage dealers in the game with plenty of AoE. Though you can pull the same thing off with a weapon.

Edited by SneakyErvin

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

He can since his danse does what it should, which is clear trash. The you rely on your defenses and weapon of choice to take out the heavies. Kinda like uh all other AoE frames except for Saryn and possibly Mesa (if he near static damage dealing survives level 200 well enough). All other AoE frames will rely on weapons after taking out the weakest trash with AoE.

Enthrall is wonderful CC, since you only need to use it at a single target and let it spread, taking away damage otherwise incoming towards you or your group. Mesmer Skin is bad if you are bad at playing Rev, no wait, if you are really bad at playing Rev. Even when I started out the basic charges lasted me a long time without me really knowing what the #*!% I was doing with him. When I read about it on paper pre-release I though "bleh, garbage skill that wont last!" but I was proven wrong. And regarding reave all I can say is L2Reave. You dont use reave as an either/or next to bullet jump, you use it along side bullet jump. Bullet Jump transitioned into aim-glide transitioned into reave = win-win traveling. Would be fun to see how little you've actually played Rev since the more you type, the less you seem to know about him.

Those are good options too, but different. I cant really sit down and play Obe or Wisp if I want what is in Rev's kit, just as I dont sit down and play Wisp if I want the playstyle of Obe, even though they are both buffing support frames with similar intent. As for sol gate, yeah it is garbage if you dont make use of the synergy, at which point it becomes one of the biggest damage dealers in the game with plenty of AoE. Though you can pull the same thing off with a weapon.

Except Danse does work against heavies. Meaning you never have to use Reave to kill them.

Oh wow 7 whole enemies are CC’d that’s so useful. It’s totally not like other frames can lock down an entire room, but Revenant gets a whole 7 enemies. That’s like 1 more than 6.

The way you’ve described playing Rev you’re spending more time in Reave than anything else. Which completely nullifies you’re argument that Mesmer is good because your evidence completely contradicts your claim. Also you have it backwards. Mesmer skin sounded great on paper because it sounded like one of Ameshas abilities. But in practice it fails because enemy density in normal missions is higher than in Archwing.

Why use Revenant for Reave as a movement ability when other frames with movement abilities both travel further with theirs and don’t have to wait an eternity for the animation to play before the ability activates.

Why would you ever want what Revenant offers? Being the worse option out of a variety of frames is the last thing anybody would want.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Funny how you say I’m the minority because there’s been far more Revenant rework threads than Revenant praise threads.

In fact this is your Revenant rework thread. So I don’t know why you’re defending him if you’ve made a post about how he needs improvements.

Why would you fix something that isn't broken? There's no need for rework threads on a good, under-used warframe.

I don't think he needs improvements. I tried to keep his core loop similar, while including more Eidolon design aspects, which required alteration of a few of his abilities, but I kept that to a minimum. In fact, I hate the kit that I designed, because it ruins the aggro generation that is used for survival with Revenant.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except Danse does work against heavies. Meaning you never have to use Reave to kill them.

Except for... Nox's, Sentients, higher level enemies...

Oh wow 7 whole enemies are CC’d that’s so useful. It’s totally not like other frames can lock down an entire room, but Revenant gets a whole 7 enemies. That’s like 1 more than 6.

Except Rev's CC targets also shoot enemies, and draw more aggro than Rev himself. If you can Enthrall one member of a group, that group won't shoot you

The way you’ve described playing Rev you’re spending more time in Reave than anything else. Which completely nullifies you’re argument that Mesmer is good because your evidence completely contradicts your claim. Also you have it backwards. Mesmer skin sounded great on paper because it sounded like one of Ameshas abilities. But in practice it fails because enemy density in normal missions is higher than in Archwing.

Or, you just don't really know how to Rev if you're losing charges quickly, except for in an extreme circumstance i.e. arbi drone defending 3 napalms and 4 heavy gunners from around a corner.

Why use Revenant for Reave as a movement ability when other frames with movement abilities both travel further with theirs and don’t have to wait an eternity for the animation to play before the ability activates.

Uhh? Don't use Reave as a movement ability? Use bullet jump and normal parkour.

Why would you ever want what Revenant offers? Being the worse option out of a variety of frames is the last thing anybody would want.

Except Rev offers a completely different style to all other jack of all trades? He's much more solo oriented, yes. He has the ability to effectively clear trash mobs or anything below level 150 with ease (Danse). CC and aggro pull on any enemy, along with a mind control effect that can spread to seven enemies (Enthrall). A tank ability that straight up ignores damage, makes you completely immortal and can be passed on to teammates (Mesmer skin). And an ability that can, when properly used, kill any enemy in the game at the exact same speed, heal you if environmental damage lowers your health too much, provide overshields and refill the charges on your ability to ignore damage (Reave)

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

And when did reave come into the picture in what I said?

It serves the same purpose as Nidus' or Khora's 2 pretty much. It isnt supposed to the a hard CC, it is supposed to be a soft CC, a purpose it does very well.

No, you just have trouble reading again, or make things up as you go. I basically never use reave. I use it to cover ground instead of having to land between bullet jumps and I use it 3 times during lich fights. Oh gods, the overuse of the skill, it is maddening! Mesmer Skin works better in practice than on paper. Even if a mob bursts you, you still only lose 1 stack versus those 2+ bullets, then that mob cannot fire again for 5+ seconds. It also completely negates roller bombs, nox sludge etc. You just gotta realize you arent good at playing Rev, so you dont really know what you are talking about.

Because you dont use the frame for the movement ability, you use the frame for the kit. And what eternity? Even without natural talent it has been a fast cast for ages and instant during danse. When did you play Rev the last time even?

I want what Rev offers because his kit is solid if you know how to actually play him. The only places I wont bring him are excav, spy, disruption and hunts, where I simply go Frost/Gara, Ivara/Loki, Khora/Garuda/Ash and Volt/Chroma/Wisp.

3 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Why would you fix something that isn't broken? There's no need for rework threads on a good, under-used warframe.

I don't think he needs improvements. I tried to keep his core loop similar, while including more Eidolon design aspects, which required alteration of a few of his abilities, but I kept that to a minimum. In fact, I hate the kit that I designed, because it ruins the aggro generation that is used for survival with Revenant.

Because Revenant is the single worst designed frame in the game. That’s about as broken as something can be. There’s a reason he’s under used. It’s because most people are smart enough to recognize how useless he is.

“I don’t think he needs improvements”

*makes thread containing suggested improvements*

3 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Except for... Nox's, Sentients, higher level enemies...

Except Rev's CC targets also shoot enemies, and draw more aggro than Rev himself. If you can Enthrall one member of a group, that group won't shoot you

Or, you just don't really know how to Rev if you're losing charges quickly, except for in an extreme circumstance i.e. arbi drone defending 3 napalms and 4 heavy gunners from around a corner.

Uhh? Don't use Reave as a movement ability? Use bullet jump and normal parkour.

Except Rev offers a completely different style to all other jack of all trades? He's much more solo oriented, yes. He has the ability to effectively clear trash mobs or anything below level 150 with ease (Danse). CC and aggro pull on any enemy, along with a mind control effect that can spread to seven enemies (Enthrall). A tank ability that straight up ignores damage, makes you completely immortal and can be passed on to teammates (Mesmer skin). And an ability that can, when properly used, kill any enemy in the game at the exact same speed, heal you if environmental damage lowers your health too much, provide overshields and refill the charges on your ability to ignore damage (Reave)

You mean all the enemies that every other ability struggles against? That’s like holding being described by nullifiers against an ability.

Or you could save yourself the 25 energy and just shoot the enemy in the face.

I expect tank ability to tank. It does not tank. And so far your only defense for Mesmer is “Reave more” and every time I question how being in Reave forever makes Mesmer the good tank ability you just say I don’t know how to play him. Accusing me of stuff when you’re the one that needs to provide answers doesn’t help you.

Or just don’t use Revenant period.

I didn’t know sucking at your role was considered a unique play style.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And when did reave come into the picture in what I said?

It serves the same purpose as Nidus' or Khora's 2 pretty much. It isnt supposed to the a hard CC, it is supposed to be a soft CC, a purpose it does very well.

No, you just have trouble reading again, or make things up as you go. I basically never use reave. I use it to cover ground instead of having to land between bullet jumps and I use it 3 times during lich fights. Oh gods, the overuse of the skill, it is maddening! Mesmer Skin works better in practice than on paper. Even if a mob bursts you, you still only lose 1 stack versus those 2+ bullets, then that mob cannot fire again for 5+ seconds. It also completely negates roller bombs, nox sludge etc. You just gotta realize you arent good at playing Rev, so you dont really know what you are talking about.

Because you dont use the frame for the movement ability, you use the frame for the kit. And what eternity? Even without natural talent it has been a fast cast for ages and instant during danse. When did you play Rev the last time even?

I want what Rev offers because his kit is solid if you know how to actually play him. The only places I wont bring him are excav, spy, disruption and hunts, where I simply go Frost/Gara, Ivara/Loki, Khora/Garuda/Ash and Volt/Chroma/Wisp.

You said use Reave more. I took that as “If you use Reave then it’s invincibility prevents loss of Mesmer skin”. Because that’s the only logical way Mesmer Skin is being maintained for minutes without recasting.

Nidus and Khoras 2 can an infinite number of enemies into a single spot to be killed. Say Enthrall is anything like those 2 abilities is a joke.

Again, you said use Reave more. Stop trying to weasel out of your own claims.

To my memory none of Revenants abilities have ever received a single buff in casting. Time. And testing it right now, yeah he has to go through this whole animation of spreading his arms and crouching down before the ability even starts. Tidal Surge has a shorter cast animation ffs.

I recommend you stop saying Revenant is “solid” or “good”. It just doesn’t make you look very smart.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

hey Gears, I wondered what do you think he needs in order to be a decent to good frame?

A complete overhaul of his first 3 abilities.

Replace Enthrall with summonable vomvalysts that provide a variety of utility and synergize with the rest of his kit in a more meaningful way than enthrall currently does.

Replace Mesmer Skin with a version of the Eidolons shield. My initial idea is it’s basically iron skin but you charge it the same way as you charge the armor for Inaros 4.

Don't know what to replace Reave with yet. There’s a variety of different things the Eidolons and Sentients do, so there’s plenty to pick from.

Danse Macabre can stay the same. Tho since Reave did give it extra mobility, and it’s going to be gone. Make it so that rolling while in Danse activated a dash similar to Reave.

Give him a new passive. A 7.5m knockback is a joke when compared to the giant pulse of energy it’s supposed to represent from the Eidolons. Not to mention it’s current activation requirement basically makes it so the passive will never trigger.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Replace Enthrall with summonable vomvalysts that provide a variety of utility and synergize with the rest of his kit in a more meaningful way than enthrall currently does.

Replace Mesmer Skin with a version of the Eidolons shield. My initial idea is it’s basically iron skin but you charge it the same way as you charge the armor for Inaros 4.

Don't know what to replace Reave with yet. There’s a variety of different things the Eidolons and Sentients do, so there’s plenty to pick from.

Danse Macabre can stay the same. Tho since Reave did give it extra mobility, and it’s going to be gone. Make it so that rolling while in Danse activated a dash similar to Reave.

Give him a new passive. A 7.5m knockback is a joke when compared to the giant pulse of energy it’s supposed to represent from the Eidolons. Not to mention it’s current activation requirement basically makes it so the passive will never trigger.

I like it nice start

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You said use Reave more. I took that as “If you use Reave then it’s invincibility prevents loss of Mesmer skin”. Because that’s the only logical way Mesmer Skin is being maintained for minutes without recasting.

Nidus and Khoras 2 can an infinite number of enemies into a single spot to be killed. Say Enthrall is anything like those 2 abilities is a joke.

Again, you said use Reave more. Stop trying to weasel out of your own claims.

To my memory none of Revenants abilities have ever received a single buff in casting. Time. And testing it right now, yeah he has to go through this whole animation of spreading his arms and crouching down before the ability even starts. Tidal Surge has a shorter cast animation ffs.

I recommend you stop saying Revenant is “solid” or “good”. It just doesn’t make you look very smart.

When did I say to use Reave more? I have no clue how you play in order to lose stacks as quickly as you claim, so suggesting to use reave more makes no sense. I think I told you to move around more, like all other frames do. You can move without using reave. Reave movement should really only be used during danse to preserve mesmer stacks and repositioning yourself due to the iFrames. Outside of that reave is mostly used to get around quickly in situations where bullet jumping lacks (going up stairs/ramps) or in connection to bullet jumping to get further in one go.

Not really, Nidus 2 grabs what is in range, Khora's does the same and spreads, but things in the initial cast are usually dead before it has a time to spread. Enthrall is a one cast aggro dump that does its own thing.

No Gears I said quite the opposite. You however kept bringing up reave over and over and I said you dont need it to keep the stacks up effectively. You even made up silly percentages regarding how much reave is used. But that is your typical agenda, saying people said something that they didnt.

Well that just shows how little you keep up with Rev. He's gotten the baseline cast on reave reduced and the cast time in danse went down to being instant. That was fairly shortly after he was initially released, which is a pretty damn long time ago. You can also move and use it as you run.

And that comment clearly comes from the right person. He who called someone else a hypocrite earlier in this thread. Well I'll go on and call you Mr. Kettlepot from now on. Your opinions on Rev weighs less than a snowflake at the moment, because you have absolutely squat experience with him. So if you think me calling him good or solid makes me look less smart, I couldnt really give a crap less. It does however make you a massive kettle and a pot, because you think that your opinion matters when you  have no real hands on knowledge about the subject in question. Rev is currently my second most played frame after Frost Prime (who likely has a bugged usage percentage from 2017). If Rev wasnt good or solid, I wouldnt have played him nearly as much since I'm anal when it comes to efficiency in games.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So we get an ai companion, because DE totally hasn't had issues with those before... Enthrall already synergizes with his kit, but if they can make it work, I'm fine with it. Oh, and unless you know what utility the dumbest enemies (Seriously, Vomvy ai is literally useless)  in the game would provide, they're even more useless.

Another copy paste ability? Oh wow! At least you could drain Revs health, which without Reave, cannot be refilled on his own. Seriously, Mesmer Skin is the least broken way to get the Eidolon shield without making him invincible. It's also a trade off ability. It goes down at the same rate no matter what enemy level is.

Reave could probably stay. It's an Eidolon ability as much as you hate it. The highest damage in the game would be lost though. Because ya know, you removed the ability that made Reave a good ability. Oh, the healing would be lost too, unless you want to kill the summon-able minions that won't naturally grow in number and cost 25 energy for one. At least the cast animation could be sped up.

I can't disagree with the changes to Danse. More movement options without having to ruin your energy is certainly a positive.

But, passives can't be too powerful. It'd be a balancing act between either making it a key in his kit, like Inaros and Hildryn, or making it difficult enough to activate that triggering it can be incredibly rewarding. Actually, here's an idea.

New Passive: On death, Revenant may use Reave for a total of 5 seconds. If able to completely refill his health and shields, Revenant will not die. This has a 3 minute cool down or whatever it'd take.

This mixes in the Vomvalyst dash, and the Eidolon shield refill ability that they always activate when they're one shot from death.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You mean all the enemies that every other ability struggles against? That’s like holding being described by nullifiers against an ability.

Well, yeah. Except Revs other abilities function perfectly against these enemies in the way that you CAN TWO SHOT PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING IN THE GAME.

Or you could save yourself the 25 energy and just shoot the enemy in the face.

Or, you could save yourself the ammo, and Enthrall one enemy for free cause they shot you, and suddenly you have seven allies? Not to mention, Enthrall can provide support. Grab a healer, and all allies in range get that buff. Eximi? Same thing. Oh, Enthrall also makes Rev a pseudo stealth frame. Any of the scanner drones in Grineer spys can be enthralled, and then you can walk right past.

I expect tank ability to tank. It does not tank. And so far your only defense for Mesmer is “Reave more” and every time I question how being in Reave forever makes Mesmer the good tank ability you just say I don’t know how to play him. Accusing me of stuff when you’re the one that needs to provide answers doesn’t help you.

It tanks at the same rate no matter enemy level. You lose charges at the same rate from a level 1, as a level 500. You need to combine his abilities to make them more useful. Activate mesmer, get shot, enthrall that foe for free, dodge bullets until seven enemies are enthralled, Reave through the group, get back all Mesmer charges. You can face tank any attack, so long as you have a Mesmer charge. Dropping 3 million damage on Rev will only take one charge. Rhino can't take 3 mill damage, Inaros can't, Chroma can't. There are 3 frames in the game that can tank that much damage, and not effectively die. Nidus, Wukong, and Rev. One of those won't 'die' to the damage.

Or just don’t use Revenant period.

Why not? What is the issue with Rev? He's the frame who holds the Kuva Survival world record, because he is all scaling. He might as well be the scaling frame. He only gets better the stronger enemies get. If you use him against low levels, he's not going to be top tier. Use him in an endurance run, or anything that gets to absurd difficulty levels, and he'll be the best option.

I didn’t know sucking at your role was considered a unique play style.

No. He's a JOAT with mind-control, self healing, infinite scaling and easy trash clear.

• Like 1

Replacing his two most powerful and unique abilities with worse copies of other Frame's abilities and ensuring that they can't scale anywhere near as well as they already do, and using a faulty justification to replace another?  The only thing here that holds water is giving him a better passive, and that's true about like half the Frames in the game.

• Like 1

Only Gears doesnt get it cuz he sucks with Rev. 

Like I said. 6hr Arbi Mot and still not once dead, never lost all charges. 

Most ez Arbi ever. 

Gears only wants a frame for himself he still wont enjoy just to please his own arrogance that only he himself knows whats best for his Frame. 

So lets take away his '' Godtier '' Gauss which still sucks in any lvl cuz all he really is good at is running. 

Rework Gauss to be useful

12 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

So we get an ai companion, because DE totally hasn't had issues with those before... Enthrall already synergizes with his kit, but if they can make it work, I'm fine with it. Oh, and unless you know what utility the dumbest enemies (Seriously, Vomvy ai is literally useless)  in the game would provide, they're even more useless.

Another copy paste ability? Oh wow! At least you could drain Revs health, which without Reave, cannot be refilled on his own. Seriously, Mesmer Skin is the least broken way to get the Eidolon shield without making him invincible. It's also a trade off ability. It goes down at the same rate no matter what enemy level is.

Reave could probably stay. It's an Eidolon ability as much as you hate it. The highest damage in the game would be lost though. Because ya know, you removed the ability that made Reave a good ability. Oh, the healing would be lost too, unless you want to kill the summon-able minions that won't naturally grow in number and cost 25 energy for one. At least the cast animation could be sped up.

I can't disagree with the changes to Danse. More movement options without having to ruin your energy is certainly a positive.

But, passives can't be too powerful. It'd be a balancing act between either making it a key in his kit, like Inaros and Hildryn, or making it difficult enough to activate that triggering it can be incredibly rewarding. Actually, here's an idea.

New Passive: On death, Revenant may use Reave for a total of 5 seconds. If able to completely refill his health and shields, Revenant will not die. This has a 3 minute cool down or whatever it'd take.

This mixes in the Vomvalyst dash, and the Eidolon shield refill ability that they always activate when they're one shot from death.

Ai companion that you can command. And you’ll have like 5 of them.

What are you complaining about copy/paste? Literally all of Revenants abilities are just worse copies of other frames abilities.

If Reave stays then the rework would be a waste of time because it hasn’t fully addressed the issue of there being vampire powers on an Eidolon frame.

There are several very powerful passives in the game.

Like I said, Reave goes or rework would be a waste of time.

11 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Well, yeah. Except Revs other abilities function perfectly against these enemies in the way that you CAN TWO SHOT PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING IN THE GAME.

Or, you could save yourself the ammo, and Enthrall one enemy for free cause they shot you, and suddenly you have seven allies? Not to mention, Enthrall can provide support. Grab a healer, and all allies in range get that buff. Eximi? Same thing. Oh, Enthrall also makes Rev a pseudo stealth frame. Any of the scanner drones in Grineer spys can be enthralled, and then you can walk right past.

It tanks at the same rate no matter enemy level. You lose charges at the same rate from a level 1, as a level 500. You need to combine his abilities to make them more useful. Activate mesmer, get shot, enthrall that foe for free, dodge bullets until seven enemies are enthralled, Reave through the group, get back all Mesmer charges. You can face tank any attack, so long as you have a Mesmer charge. Dropping 3 million damage on Rev will only take one charge. Rhino can't take 3 mill damage, Inaros can't, Chroma can't. There are 3 frames in the game that can tank that much damage, and not effectively die. Nidus, Wukong, and Rev. One of those won't 'die' to the damage.

Why not? What is the issue with Rev? He's the frame who holds the Kuva Survival world record, because he is all scaling. He might as well be the scaling frame. He only gets better the stronger enemies get. If you use him against low levels, he's not going to be top tier. Use him in an endurance run, or anything that gets to absurd difficulty levels, and he'll be the best option.

No. He's a JOAT with mind-control, self healing, infinite scaling and easy trash clear.

Tigris Prime does that already, and it can be equipped to any frame.

Or I could not care about the ammo expense because my Kuva Nukor just wasted a whole group of enemies.

Does it really matter if it tanks consistently regardless of level if it’s rate of tanking is actual garbage? No, no it does not.

The issue with Revenant is that he’s a trash frame. Literally the only frame who’s not a better choice than him is Nyx.

Yes, and he’s literally the worst option for all those roles. Hence my signature phrase “Revenant is trash”.