Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Rework, and opinions on it.

(PSN)grayscale358

So, Revenant isn't the most... loved frame. But. There are those, (such as myself) that enjoy his base gameplay loop. Despite being rather happy with his current situation, I do want him to be less under used, because I'd love to see Rev tennogen get into the game.

Passive: Upon shield depletion, Revenant will release two seeker bolts, each dealing 50 magnetic damage each.It's better than the radial pulse

Enthrall, is going. Mind control effects aren't very powerful, and it doesn't match his Eidolon styling. The proposed option for Revenants 1 is a hallowed ground like ability, albeit with a much smaller range and an appearance similar to the 'blood' that leaks from Eidolon Synovias. Enemies passing through this zone will take small amounts of magnetic damage, with a 50% chance to proc. Additionally, enemies who pass through this area will be 'marked'. Marked enemies will be identified by the current Enthrall sigil above their head, and will be impacted by Reave in the same way as Thralls are currently.

Mesmer skin, should stay as it is, aside from one small change: Mesmer skin will no longer be recastable, but, you will gain 90% damage reduction to the damage types you were struck by during Mesmer skin. The damage reduction will be capped at 90%, and will last a total of 10 seconds. This is ample time to recast mesmer skin, and possibly reave a group of enemies.

Reave, is staying as it is, although a visual change would be nice to make it appear more Vombalyst-esque.

Danse Macabre, is going to become a panic button, which it might as well already be. Holding the button allows you to channel it, tapping will give a 5 second duration. Both will be at maximum intensity.

I welcome other ideas, though keep in mind, I was trying to keep the Reave mechanic similar, because it is objectively Revenants best ability.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Oh gosh, someone hide this thread before gears finds it...

Jokes apart, I like the idea for the passive, but im not sure if i would still make it deal magnetic  damage. Maybe it would be cool for it to work like the ult, doing an elemental damage  matching the target's weakness?

I do want Gears opinions on this. In fact, I'd love to actively collaborate on making this better with him.

The idea was most Eidolon abilities deal magnetic, but I was considering Radiation for an actually useful damage type.

the only change id like to see is reave refilling mesmer by defaul.

yes the mind control isnt the best skill... but it can be fun having a spreading army for a short time and getting those nox off you back for a few seconds so you can take them out easily is a major boon.

its the danse macarbre that i dont like, despite it being a sentient attack. i have no idea what could replace it however...

To keep with his Eidolon-warden styling, I think his 4 should be more like:

Summon a powerful Gara specter armed with explosives. Gara can use her abilities for a short time before self-destructing and unleashing a powerful Eidolon-killing explosion.

Explosive Gara specter duration: 5s / 15s / 20s
Gara specter detonation: Same damage as current Danse Macabre (damage absorbed by Revenant multiplies it).

Yes, this is mostly a joke, but it's more Eidolon-like than the lasers I think.

Just now, tzadquiel said:

i will never play revenant bc of its fashion. 

Such a captivating and helpful response to a critique of how he plays   

But personally i don't agree with op's idea of a 90% cap because currently he can take zero damage from a hit and it stuns the enemy which opens it up to a free mind control which can also be used to heal him and give him oversheild. 

People ask for a Revenant rework because they don't like it. Just use another frame. Most of the suggestions could be used for an enterily different frame. Why is it that there's always someone that wants to change things they personally don't like? Revenant is what he is. There's also the ones that say he is weak, that's a more undestandable reason for a rework. I honestly don't think he is weak.
As almost every Warframe he could use some changes. Reave can be impossible to control, sometimes I can't create more thralls because I leave 1 behind and he entralls others, reaching the 7 cap and forcing me to go back to kill them, and of course, the typical awful passive.

After I played him for awhile (not long though) and looked at the potential minmaxing people do to him, here is my thoughts on his kit:

Passive: Warframe have a long history of passives that are completely worthless and dont scale with mods, so i couldn't care less whatever his passive would be, probably QoL at best.

His 1 is best used as not as an extra minion in a way that Nekros 4 or Nyx 1 do, but rather to set up for your 3 via spreading the entralls after the main target dies. DE have a history of making minion beyond useless until the most recent Wukong 1, so if it we're me to make their damage revelant, they should have 2x damage multiplier and ignore 50% of enemies' armor (scales with strength).

His 2 is one of the best tank ability in the game that works best in an environment like the Index. Shields right now doesnt scale well, so until the upcoming shield rework that MAY come, his kit that revolves around giving/restoring shield is just so wasted on him as I asked myself: "Why the crap I'm gonna build tank mods like Vitality when I can slap 254% strength and maybe a Rolling Guard so that i don't die at all against level 300 Index enemies solo?"

His 3 is one of the best infinite scaling damage ability that basically no one circle jerking about LOL. At 250% strength against enthralled enemies, as long as they're affected by abilities and have no ohter BS DR aside from armor, it will instakill any enemies. So basically his 1 is a setup tool for his 3 to instakill enemies like the index while replenish some mesmer skin stack. So overrall, from a minmaxing gameplay perspective, his kit is broken in the Index or the time that certain guy done a 24 hours Kuva Survival LOL.

His 4 is just a bad ability. Why? It cost too much energy while being mediocre as crap while other AoE DPS frames like Saryn can bring the meltation better. "But it's fair that his 4 should not be the best since the rest of his kit are strong at what they do." Yeah true, maybe it shouldn't do Pogger amount of damage but at least its energy cost should be as useful as Wisp 4.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragnafiro said:

After I played him for awhile (not long though) and looked at the potential minmaxing people do to him, here is my thoughts on his kit:

Passive: Warframe have a long history of passives that are completely worthless and dont scale with mods, so i couldn't care less whatever his passive would be, probably QoL at best.

His 1 is best used as not as an extra minion in a way that Nekros 4 or Nyx 1 do, but rather to set up for your 3 via spreading the entralls after the main target dies. DE have a history of making minion beyond useless until the most recent Wukong 1, so if it we're me to make their damage revelant, they should have 2x damage multiplier and ignore 50% of enemies' armor (scales with strength).

His 2 is one of the best tank ability in the game that works best in an environment like the Index. Shields right now doesnt scale well, so until the upcoming shield rework that MAY come, his kit that revolves around giving/restoring shield is just so wasted on him as I asked myself: "Why the crap I'm gonna build tank mods like Vitality when I can slap 254% strength and maybe a Rolling Guard so that i don't die at all against level 300 Index enemies solo?"

His 3 is one of the best infinite scaling damage ability that basically no one circle jerking about LOL. At 250% strength against enthralled enemies, as long as they're affected by abilities and have no ohter BS DR aside from armor, it will instakill any enemies. So basically his 1 is a setup tool for his 3 to instakill enemies like the index while replenish some mesmer skin stack. So overrall, from a minmaxing gameplay perspective, his kit is broken in the Index or the time that certain guy done a 24 hours Kuva Survival LOL.

His 4 is just a bad ability. Why? It cost too much energy while being mediocre as crap while other AoE DPS frames like Saryn can bring the meltation better. "But it's fair that his 4 should not be the best since the rest of his kit are strong at what they do." Yeah true, maybe it shouldn't do Pogger amount of damage but at least its energy cost should be as useful as Wisp 4.

So in conclusion, his kit shouldn't be mainstreamed to caters to people who THINK they know what best for him without knowing his specialization in the meta, as he is fine in a specific scenario that makes him shine best:

Falling half asleep one hour into low risk Index to get that autograph solo 'cause let's not pretend that people want the autograph as you in recruit chat LOL.

I actually do not see much need for a change from a mechanical point.

the stats could use some tweaking sure, but despite my dislike for his thematic inconsistency, Revenant is a solid frame that gets the job done very well from game play perspective.

you need to stop thinking of thralls as crowd control / allies and think of them as resources - resources to replenish mesmer skin ,overshields & health that can get more resources in turn , once you get around that thought the gameplay becomes a lot more effective- the passive damage from the pillars is not to be scoffed at either.

the fact that you can directly reduce the health of a strong enemy is a very strong positive for the thrall ability.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

Only thing I'd like to change on him is his passive and some of the skill synergies like the overshield buff from danse kills during enthrall.

Enthrall is a wonderful skill as it is, perfect sync with reave and a good option to make things grab attention away from other things.

Mesmer Skin is perfect as it is, I rather have it recastable than having a 90% DR when it runs out.

Reave is great as it is, good movement option for open areas and a massive boss killer.

Danse works well as it is. Good option for defense clearing or when you need to wipe out a big room. I'd like a change to it though, please add so it remembers if I had sprint toggled on before I popped danse. I'd also like the synergy between it and enthrall changed. Instead of turning thralled targets into OS orbs or other S#&$e, make the thralls immune to incoming friendly fire during danse and make each passing beam that hits a thrall refresh the entrhall duration aswell as heal the thrall. During danse all thrall attacks should also deal damage equal to a tick of danse, with the appropriate adapted damage type.

edit: His passive should be changed to something like "picked up energy and health orbs restore 1 stack of Mesmer Skin up to it's maximum".

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 1

I wish DE had never shown off Revenant in that Devstream and just continued to make him a Vampire Warframe with an Eidolon aesthetic.

Whenever I see someone try to give Revenant more "Eidolon-like" abilities it just looks like they are grasping at straws, now compare that to the rich background of vampire themes in all forms of media.

Revenant is one of the strongest warframes in the game. Out of all frames that need a rework, he should be really low on priority.

He has good CC and damage, excellent defences (particularly against higher level enemies).

His reave can scale infinitely, for those who care about long endless runs.

He laughs at Liches and Railjack enemies, making it trivial to fight them.

He can use any self-damage weapon with no restrictions (hint Kuva Bramma).

He doesn't care about radiation sorties.

I mean I understand how someone can dislike playing with his kit (matter of preference after all), but he is by no definition weak.

• Like 2

Oh good, I'm a Rev main so I finally get to chime in on something. Here is what Id do to make Rev better. Only 2 changes and it would go miles for improving his combat flow. 

1. Make it so the energy wells left behind by enthralled enemies, recast enthrall with their projectiles on new enemies at 50 percent of the previous duration. It will make it more rewarding as a feedback loop so that you can combo your 1 and your 3 and still build up new enthralls with the pillar. It would also relieve some pressure off of mesmer skin, as the more enemies are CCd the less opportunity they have to burn off one of your charges.

2. Reduce the cost of the energy drain of his 4 by 25 percent. Have enemies that hit Rev while he is channeling his ult automatically become enthralled as long as mesmer skin is active, and have it reduce the base armor of enemies hit by it by 5 per half second it is channeled.

Edited by Mithrah

Pasive : just like eidolon when his shield is up ( or max? ) he is immune to all status effect. 

1 : spawn vomps around him ( maybe like nova ball or maybe nekros shadows) just like eidolon. 

2 : no rework or just harden the shield to immune to all status ( duration) then change pasive to when 1 is up, and then he downed spawned vomp can revive him ( like sacrifice mod in sentinel) just like eidolon when final down. The vomp will rush to him.

3 : have damage meter gauge. Just like gauss if its full he cast reave and. can reave what ever he want. Steal health. Just like vomp when take damage. 

4. No rework. / or make laser rain spawn like garry or / make knockback pulse around him. Just like eidolon. 

That what im thinking when eidolon turn into warframe

But he dont really need rework he just need abilities to match eidolon theme, but when im thinking about his abilities that not match with eidolon theme, maybe its the true ability of him self before he turn into "revenant". 

Edited by superiouz

I'm just going to drop a quick message in here. I would prefer it if Revenant stays how he is. He's perfect as he is, and this post was more tossing ideas around to see if people would get off his back after a few changes. Revenant is the highest scaling frame in the game, and I was actively trying to avoid impacting that.