Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operating Operator

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

Question

12 answers to this question

operators are worthless, that fact only reinforced by the fact they are so worthless that certain fights have had to be intentionally fudged so that conveniently enough only operator powers work on certain things, otherwise you wouldnt bother at all.

Just use them for what everone else uses them for, to grab some quick energy at the start of a mission and to parade around on the extraction zone looking awesome, thats about it tbh, you can easily ignore them totally and not miss a thing, i dont use them at all on any of my 4 accounts tbh, havent even bothered replacing the mote amp which again i dont even use, thats how worthless they are.

42 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

operators are worthless, that fact only reinforced by the fact they are so worthless that certain fights have had to be intentionally fudged so that conveniently enough only operator powers work on certain things, otherwise you wouldnt bother at all.

Just use them for what everone else uses them for, to grab some quick energy at the start of a mission and to parade around on the extraction zone looking awesome, thats about it tbh, you can easily ignore them totally and not miss a thing, i dont use them at all on any of my 4 accounts tbh, havent even bothered replacing the mote amp which again i dont even use, thats how worthless they are.

You might regret that once DE adds more Sentient Content. Heck, a certain Veil Proxima Sentient enemy requires beefed up operator to kill. Good luck trying to kill Level 90 Vomvalysts with mote amp. The next update is about Sentients too (see Operation Scarlet Spear)

For the OP, I suggest getting these Arcanes : Magus Husk, Magus Vigor, Virtous Shadow, Virtuos Trojan, Magus Lockdown, Magus Repair.

If you want the best AMP get Vox Solaris’s rank 5 amp parts and assemble them, people call them amp 777 config. Currently the best amp config in the content that needs them.

Edited by DrivaMain

38 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

You might regret that once DE adds more Sentient Content. Heck, a certain Veil Proxima Sentient enemy requires beefed up operator to kill. Good luck trying to kill Level 90 Vomvalysts with mote amp. The next update is about Sentients too (see Operation Scarlet Spear)

For the OP, I suggest getting these Arcanes : Magus Husk, Magus Vigor, Virtous Shadow, Virtuos Trojan, Magus Lockdown, Magus Repair.

If you want the best AMP get Vox Solaris’s rank 5 amp parts and assemble them, people call them amp 777 config. Currently the best amp config in the content that needs them.

if said content is yet another isolated island that only exists to funnel yet more weapons to us then no, i probably wont regret that, fingers crossed they actually make something fun instead of another timegated done and gone expansion, but you know, track records and all, i aint hopeful, which is sad but expected.

Edited by Methanoid

Operator has pretty broad usages on normal gameplay: 

Most Magus/Operator arcanes are useful, for example Magus Elevate can restore 200 health on your warframe everytime you enter back to your warframe which is quite useful especially when yours doesn't have any healing. You won't rely on health orb to heal your warframe anymore, just spam operators till your warframe is full health.

You can also do plenty of stuffs with different focus school. With a Zenurik school operator, you can get free energy with energizing dash, gather enemies using void singularity, slow down and zap enemies with void blast or just provide your warframe heavy attack efficiency.

Also ducking in operator enters void mode, in which you can't take any damage. It is extremely useful when you want to interact with object like reviving/hacking/activating life support when you are surrounded by enemies.

Plus there are some contents which you might interested in that required operator.

Ropalolyst and Eidolons are both sentient fraction, they both have a purple shield that can only be damaged by operators' amp.

Profit taker also has a sentient shield that are immune to all types of damage but one, which can be changed with void damage.

Of course, you'll be fine if you don't want to touch operator at all, you can still enjoy warframe, it would just make your life much easier. Tho it's weird to say "I don't use it so it must be useless". 

vor einer Stunde schrieb gordon1219:

Operator has pretty broad usages on normal gameplay: 

Most Magus/Operator arcanes are useful, for example Magus Elevate can restore 200 health on your warframe everytime you enter back to your warframe which is quite useful especially when yours doesn't have any healing. You won't rely on health orb to heal your warframe anymore, just spam operators till your warframe is full health.

You can also do plenty of stuffs with different focus school. With a Zenurik school operator, you can get free energy with energizing dash, gather enemies using void singularity, slow down and zap enemies with void blast or just provide your warframe heavy attack efficiency.

Also ducking in operator enters void mode, in which you can't take any damage. It is extremely useful when you want to interact with object like reviving/hacking/activating life support when you are surrounded by enemies.

Plus there are some contents which you might interested in that required operator.

Ropalolyst and Eidolons are both sentient fraction, they both have a purple shield that can only be damaged by operators' amp.

Profit taker also has a sentient shield that are immune to all types of damage but one, which can be changed with void damage.

Of course, you'll be fine if you don't want to touch operator at all, you can still enjoy warframe, it would just make your life much easier. Tho it's weird to say "I don't use it so it must be useless". 

So far, the only stuff I've used my operator for is the parts you need void beam (sentients, Eidolons) or the mastery from amps (got me the lvl 2 parts from Cetus). As for Arcanes, I have some Magus Vigor, but that's it so far.

20 hours ago, Methanoid said:

operators are worthless,

I assume you don't like to use the operator because you still don't know how to?
If you know how to combine operator powers with your warframes.They will become much more powerful.

For example: Magus Rapair = Cheat Mode Near-infinite HP recovery (+ Inaros = Immortal Sand God Bag)

Take your time and try new things? It could be more fun. Who knows ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blimsoon said:

I assume you don't like to use the operator because you still don't know how to?
If you know how to combine operator powers with your warframes.They will become much more powerful.

For example: Magus Rapair = Cheat Mode Near-infinite HP recovery (+ Inaros = Immortal Sand God Bag)

Take your time and try new things? It could be more fun. Who knows ?

gimmicks remain gimmicks, you can just as easily do without those and not miss a heartbeat, in your example thats great and all but inaros does just fine without any operator synergy, same for many other warframe/weapn combos, the operator just isnt needed until DE dictate they are needed via mechanics because reasons.

I certainly am not the only person who thinks operators are worthless, this is easily seen in most games, operators are 95% used only to generate energy occasionally (usually at mission start), for being a cheap and easy loki to revive people or for standing around on extraction looking pretty and sparkly, yeah great some may have uses for them at other times but mostly they are used for the sake of using them.

Edited by Methanoid

vor 5 Stunden schrieb blimsoon:

operators are worthless,

vor 5 Stunden schrieb blimsoon:

Sounds like my question kicked some hornet's nest.

I rather like the operator, as it provides me additional capabilities that I otherwise wouldn't have unless I chose a specific frame. I like being able in invis while reviving people, and I use Magus Elevate for free HP recovery on my warframe (not that I need it, but it's nice to have for panic moments). Magus Lockdown is another arcane I see used quite a bit for it's crowd control capabilities, especially since it seems to be one of the few things that can actually immobilize a Demo unit in Disruption.

I'm going to assume you've done little, or nothing, with your focus schools. If you have and/or know this stuff already, feel free to ignore the below.

Spoiler

I suggest starting with the Zenurik school. After unlocking Energy Pulse, get the first pip or two of Energizng Dash so that you can restore warframe energy. Don't bother putting points into Energy Pulse until later: it's not that useful. Next, start working on Void Siphon and Void Flow: ideally you should unlock Siphon, then Flow, then alternate upgrading them till about halfway. Once both are halfway upgraded, finish leveling and unbinding Siphon, then go back and finish and unbind Flow. Doing this will give you a fairly high amount of Void energy, which means you can stay invisible (and damage immune) for quite some time.

Next I'd work on Naramon. If you play frames where energy management isn't a problem, run Naramon as your active school instead so that you can make use of it's core node, Affinity SPike: this will give you increased affinity on melee kills, thus giving increased focus points if your melee weapon has a lens. Spend points getting the two operator movment nodes, Mind Step and Mind Sprint, upgraded as well. Operator's base movement speed is just terrible and the faster you move the more ground you can cover before your invis runs out. I like to use my operator to stealth my way through Spy missions so the invis and movment speed are a must for me.

After that, focus on whatever schools you want.

IN any case, at first you should only put points into the Waybound nodes, because those are the only ones you can unbind and use with any active school. If you put points into, say, Madurai's Phoenix Spirit, even if you max it out, you only get the affect of it if you run Madurai as your active school. So you're better off getting the Waybounds unlocked first.

Lastly, I recall reading a few years ago that a properly outfitted Operator, with the right arcanes and unbound focus nodes, is tankier than a Vex-armored Chroma. Dont know if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

4 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

I rather like the operator, as it provides me additional capabilities that I otherwise wouldn't have unless I chose a specific frame. I like being able in invis while reviving people, and I use Magus Elevate for free HP recovery on my warframe (not that I need it, but it's nice to have for panic moments). Magus Lockdown is another arcane I see used quite a bit for it's crowd control capabilities, especially since it seems to be one of the few things that can actually immobilize a Demo unit in Disruption.

I'm going to assume you've done little, or nothing, with your focus schools. If you have and/or know this stuff already, feel free to ignore the below.

Hide contents

I suggest starting with the Zenurik school. After unlocking Energy Pulse, get the first pip or two of Energizng Dash so that you can restore warframe energy. Don't bother putting points into Energy Pulse until later: it's not that useful. Next, start working on Void Siphon and Void Flow: ideally you should unlock Siphon, then Flow, then alternate upgrading them till about halfway. Once both are halfway upgraded, finish leveling and unbinding Siphon, then go back and finish and unbind Flow. Doing this will give you a fairly high amount of Void energy, which means you can stay invisible (and damage immune) for quite some time.

Next I'd work on Naramon. If you play frames where energy management isn't a problem, run Naramon as your active school instead so that you can make use of it's core node, Affinity SPike: this will give you increased affinity on melee kills, thus giving increased focus points if your melee weapon has a lens. Spend points getting the two operator movment nodes, Mind Step and Mind Sprint, upgraded as well. Operator's base movement speed is just terrible and the faster you move the more ground you can cover before your invis runs out. I like to use my operator to stealth my way through Spy missions so the invis and movment speed are a must for me.

After that, focus on whatever schools you want.

IN any case, at first you should only put points into the Waybound nodes, because those are the only ones you can unbind and use with any active school. If you put points into, say, Madurai's Phoenix Spirit, even if you max it out, you only get the affect of it if you run Madurai as your active school. So you're better off getting the Waybounds unlocked first.

Lastly, I recall reading a few years ago that a properly outfitted Operator, with the right arcanes and unbound focus nodes, is tankier than a Vex-armored Chroma. Dont know if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

3205 EHP max in Unairu 2534 in any other school but important to note is you have near total invincibility whilst in void mode. so usually you are better off with arcanes that help you stay in void mode.

Tanky aside, my Zenurik schools operator (which has unbound everything) can easily outrun those speed frame in normal mission with void dash.

But hey, you can't change one's mind easily. Even though his logic can apply on literally everything in the game like heavy attacks are worthless, primary weapons are worthless, secondary weapons are worthless, companions are worthless, rivens are worthless, so-called-open-world are worthless, multiplayer-feature is worthless and more. You can play your game without any/some of them and you would be still fine, you'll just have a more flexible gameplay and more features to play with. Just saying.