Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New melee system does not fun and skilless.

Twilight-Knight

I've tested out special weapons and they seems ... Lost. Orvius, S&O.

The weapon stances are the same, just small different moves. But the pattern are quite the same. And W + E does not helping at all, in fact I just try to avoid it. It just use for clean small levels yet lack of making combos.

Lifting status seem to be trying to make me miss and kick my target away from danger :))

Boring.

Melee 2.0 may lack of mobility in combo movements but they still have good slide attack yet flexible damage. And I don't want a powerful strike can be interrupted. But seem that most of people who can see that is actually gone already.

I don't mind the lift status, good type of crowd control. I do hate the fact that a little nudge will make the enemies out of reach of melee attacks though.
Combo attacks are better now. We can do a slide attack mid combo for gap closers if enemies are dead before the combo string ends. We can also roll out of attacks thus cancelling out of attack animation locks. Super high attack speed is no longer an issue. Combo strings doesn't launch the player at different distances for each attack. Nor are they long drawn out attack animations anymore. I melee a lot but I hardly ever use full melee mode. I still want to use my guns if need be.

Melee has been standardized to some degree, yet stances still maintain individual flavor in an acceptable way. That is a very good thing with respect to eliminating pause and back combos. Of the quibbles I have with Melee 3.0, stance changes are not among them. IMO they did a great job on this aspect of melee. I was wrong in thinking they wouldn't spend the resources to do it, they did and it works well.

Ironically, despite being a response to ENDLESS noob nerf whining about Maiming Strike, Melee 3.0 has made melee far FAR more powerful than it was before, and now many stances have easier spin to win than Maiming builds ever had. LOL. In time and maybe already, "press 4" aoe cheeze spam noobs will begin whining about melee taking their precious Saryn/Mesa/Equinox/Volt etc. "muhkillz" again, only a matter of time. Hopefully DE has learned not to listen to them by now.

Edited by Buttaface
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Melee has been standardized to some degree, yet stances still maintain individual flavor in an acceptable way. That is a very good thing with respect to eliminating pause and back combos. Of the quibbles I have with Melee 3.0, stance changes are not among them. IMO they did a great job on this aspect of melee. I was wrong in thinking they wouldn't spend the resources to do it, they did and it works well.

Ironically, despite being a response to ENDLESS noob nerf whining about Maiming Strike, Melee 3.0 has made melee far FAR more powerful than it was before, and now many stances have easier spin to win than Maiming builds ever had. LOL. In time and maybe already, "press 4" aoe cheeze spam noobs will begin whining about melee taking their precious Saryn/Mesa/Equinox/Volt etc. "muhkillz" again, only a matter of time. Hopefully DE has learned not to listen to them by now.

The fact that almost every melee weapon are now quite viable for endgame is also an added welcome.

Still waiting for the riven dispo changes though.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-26 at 6:41 AM, Sharkgoblin said:

why would anyone want that

To me personally it spices things up. Making me want to try new weapons and etc.

I don't really mind nerfs on rivens as those that get them usually were powerful enough without them anyway.

Edited by Shaburanigud

12 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

To me personally it spices things up. Making me want to try new weapons and etc.

I don't really mind nerfs on rivens as those that get them usually were powerful enough without them anyway.

rip kripath, gram prime, redemeer

pls leave twin krohkur riven alone they did nothing wrong