The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

use enemy level multiplier in more calulations please

supernils

Like with Vaubans 3, enemy level multiplier is a much welcome tool to make ability power scale a bit better.

I would like to see it used more often, e.g. in the "elemental damage on bullet jump" mods. Like can you make them useful maybe? Balance in Warframe is really garbage.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, supernils said:

Sorry? Did I talk bad about your favourite game? Or are you some sort of wanna be forum police hoping to get noticed by DE senpai?

Dev/game bashing (which probably he is mentioning) will only make your post to get instantly denied by DE.

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Dev/game bashing (which probably he is mentioning) will only make your post to get instantly denied by DE.

It was a bit harsh by me, but that wasn't the point of my post. Besides I don't feel like user feedback is doing much anyway.

I love the game and I love the developers, really. Doing a great job, most of the time. But balance is not one of their strengths, and this isn't even a PvP game (thank god).

Like the proposed changes to Status mods. How did anyone ever think they were good like they were and how have they been like that for so long?

How are about 50% of Warframe abilities completely useless? How is Mesa's 1 utter crap and her 4 completely broken?

All I'm saying is "hey you found a way to fix game mechanics, that's great, how about going down that path further?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supernils said:

It was a bit harsh by me, but that wasn't the point of my post. Besides I don't feel like user feedback is doing much anyway.

I love the game and I love the developers, really. Doing a great job, most of the time. But balance is not one of their strengths, and this isn't even a PvP game (thank god).

Like the proposed changes to Status mods. How did anyone ever think they were good like they were and how have they been like that for so long?

How are about 50% of Warframe abilities completely useless? How is Mesa's 1 utter crap and her 4 completely broken?

All I'm saying is "hey you found a way to fix game mechanics, that's great, how about going down that path further?"

Then you have to be careful on your choice of words. The term “Warframe balancing is garbage” might be fine to you, but it might be offensive to the Devs and that will fall in the category of “Dev/Game bashing” in their point of view.

14 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Then you have to be careful on your choice of words. The term “Warframe balancing is garbage” might be fine to you, but it might be offensive to the Devs and that will fall in the category of “Dev/Game bashing” in their point of view.

I think DE can take a few harsh words, they are not millenials after all 😄

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, supernils said:

Sorry? Did I talk bad about your favourite game? Or are you some sort of wanna be forum police hoping to get noticed by DE senpai?

You can say whatever you want. And I don't care if DE knows who I am or not. But if you want DE / other players to actually take you seriously, you'll need to put more than 2 braincells into posting a feedback thread.

8 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You can say whatever you want. And I don't care if DE knows who I am or not. But if you want DE / other players to actually take you seriously, you'll need to put more than 2 braincells into posting a feedback thread.

i had no problems taking his post seriously. it wasn't even that harsh. he didn't say the devs were garbage or that the game was garbage either.

P.S: "Balance is crappy after all, I'd be so happy if DE paid attention to it. As this is one of the most important things in any game. This is not cool when you slowly shift to meta frames, weps, mods just because it is the most effective way to GRIND  -  which is the second or even first weak point of the game that DE doesn't want to or just can't change. Rare moments such as the last Devstream #139 feels so good because they answer at least small part of the old problems that accumulate as Warframe evolves. Old Mods revisits, Abilities, QoL changes - there is more than a hundred more of those that need to be fixed/changed/removed to make Warframe a better and even enjoyable game for veterans and new players. None of my friends stayed in Warframe after they beat all main quests."

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

1 hour ago, supernils said:

I mean, being rude never helps convince someone of something, but that really isn't the bigger issue with just saying "Balance is garbage."

If you want to convince other people and/or DE you need to explain WHY something is broken and WHY your suggestion will fix it. Not only does this help other people understand better, it also helps yourself pick apart your own ideas to improve them. Also try to think of think of things people will come up with that will go against what you propose. This will make your ideas more convincing and make them more likely to actually have an impact.

27 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

Balance is crappy after all, I'd be so happy if DE paid attention to it. As this is one of the most important things in any game. This is not cool when you slowly shift to meta frames, weps, mods just because it is the most effective way to GRIND 

Bringing it to the point. You know today I actually had one (really) fun mission, and that was when noone showed up in my public game and I had to fight for the win.

Balance is garbage in Warframe and everyone knows it, and everyone stopped talking about it and accepted it because only PvP would cause enough spite to make players really care. The game gets away with it because it has enough other qualities, like the fantastic artistic creativity and core game play mechanics. In Warframe everything that's getting you to your carrot on the stick faster seems to be welcome. Players ignore the fact that imbalance a) drastically reduces their armory to play the game and b) makes playing dull. Then they get bored but can't really put their finger on the reason. It's all about the most effective way to grind, as you say.

And what's sad about it is that it doesn't have to be that way. Warframe has so much wasted potential.

But I guess it lies in the nature of the never ending grind that it's hard to always offer the player an appropriate challenge. Power levels fluctuate too much. Of player vs enemies and within player squads.

That said I very much welcome the announced "Review, Revise, Refresh" patch. They don't stop questioning really old mechanics and that's good. Stay fresh