Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Bug Report Megathread! (Read the First Post!)

SilverBones

Some of the new bugs and issues with the recent updates:

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Inconsistency when it comes to Codex & Modding Bench.  A Codex is supposed to be a complete location for information when it comes to Mods that are collected through the game.  What we get instead is an inconsistent pattern where half of the information is displayed in the codex and the other half is in the mod bench.  While I understand this might be a feature of the game, it appears to be a bug as it often makes a player have to run between the modding bench and the codex for information on a yet-to-be obtained mod.  
  • VISUAL:   Codex:xjuhOia.jpg

Modding Bench: sGA2izd.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: N/A.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The codex should be considered a one-stop-shop.  In its current state it is not. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% consistent about how the information is displayed.  Particularly given that it would appear that the modding bench is in fact a one-stop-shop.
  • DESCRIPTION: Lighting effects are all over the board with over-saturation in places where it shouldn't be, and under-saturation in places where it shouldn't be.  In this Corpus Colony tile set, we get a weird shading effect that occurs inconsistently near to the defense target: 
  • VISUAL:  Weird Shading effect: bqO5F9r.jpgA couple of game meters away from the Defense Target, seeing it perfectly "normal": G8liuYh.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: At the present time I have only been able to discover it on the Corpus Colony Tile set and in the specific area where the defense target is on the ground.  I have yet to see it occur when the defense target is at the center of the map.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Consistent lighting and shading should be in effect in a mission.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: See pictures. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: N/A Reproduction covers the consistency so far. 
  • DESCRIPTION: Running the Kuva Fortress & Jupiter Extermination missions where hidden caches were farmed, End-Result screen is only showing 2 IDENTIFIED items, in spite of the fact that all 3 caches were found in the mission.  Based on previous experience with these missions, it's probable that the third identified item is credits (or endo) and was just lumped into the the other credits (or endo) earned for performing the mission.  
  • VISUAL: Kuva Fortress Extermination: IfQnKh3.jpgCorpus Gas City Tileset: WYjfEOV.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Find all three caches on the said missions to see the results.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When three caches are found, three items should be marked as identified.  

Side note: Further, in conjunction with the comments that @Voltage has made in regards to the change in the mission extraction statistics screen, I would like to point out that this inconsistency about items that should be marked based on importance aren't.  Take for example the Jupiter Gas City Screenshot (above).  Going into the hidden Corpus Labs (where the Sentients and Sentient Amalgams are in tanks), it's clear that the Capturas are considered "important" as they are at the top of the list, but Identified caches from the mission are not.  

The Pointy-Haired manager that many of us can channel should be able to use filters -- much like we do with our e-mail clients -- to sort out the important bits from the dross & drek of the collection process.  And in conjunction with the bug report (below), new mods should always be sorted based on convenience as well.  Yet, instead we're getting this sort of Charlie-Foxtrot of confusion.  

• REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproducable based on at least the missions I've done outside of sabotage that contains hidden caches.  Further testing will be required for sabotage missions.  
  • DESCRIPTION: New mods that were identified as picked up in the mission, lose the new marker in the extraction process. 
  • VISUAL: Anti-Grav Array, a mod I know I haven't collected, was marked new upon the pick up but then the new flag disappeared from the mod on extraction.  fgpbUln.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Standard mission running should be able to reproduce the issue.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: New mods in mission should be marked as new mod at extraction.  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: not currently sure about the reproduction rate.  Was reported immediately upon discovery. 

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: The use of strentgh mods don't work anymore on shuriken ability 
  • VISUAL: 
    Spoiler

RSk9ohj.png [/IMG]

• REPRODUCTION: you can use any strength mod or all to realize the bug
  • EXPECTED RESULT: the base damage of the shuriken increases as you put more strength
  • OBSERVED RESULT: you can use all strength mods and the base damage of the shuriken remains unchanged
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

On 2020-05-25 at 9:25 PM, elselena said:

Type: In-game
Description: [Cautious shot] mod does not apply it's effect on a second multiple shot.
Visual: Can not capture the video due to low specs.
Reproduction: Put [Split chamber], [Cautious shot] and [Vigilante armaments] in a radial weapon. No matter how many shots you will fire, you will get staggered every time. Remove [Split chamber] and [Vigilante armaments]. [Cautious shot] will start working 90% of the time.
Expected result: Ignoring stagger effect 81% of the time.
Observed result: Getting staggered 100% of the time.
Reproduction rate: 100% of the time.

Confirming this bug report, and that it's still present on current live build. Tested today with Kuva Ogris and Mirage (to rule out interaction with Mirror Image; Mirror Image status, as expected, has no bearing on results). Any multishot proc will pierce Cautious Shot 100% of the time. If multishot is removed, Cautious Shot works as intended, and interacts normally with stagger recovery (e.g. Pain Threshold). Knockdown resistance, as from Sure-Footed, Fortitude, Power Drift, or Primed Sure-Footed, works as intended regardless of multishot. Will edit in or reply with video tomorrow if possible.

Posted in two places considering the age of the original megathread and the fact that someone on the web development team hasn't worked out a unified ticketing system for bug reporting...

• DESCRIPTION: Colour Saturation is too harsh in way too many places.  
  • VISUAL: 2WFnXNt.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Seems that Granum Void Coin Orbiter Decoration as way too much light effect/saturation going on with them as you can see from the picture.  Visual settings were pretty standard since the update more than a year ago.  Video Drivers have also been updated properly and the issues remains.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Significantly less glare than shown in the picture. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: N/A.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproducible. 
  • DESCRIPTION: Unknown Rare Object dropped from killing Deimos Leaper, no indicator what was dropped and unsure what item was in the mission rewards screen. Persistent indicator that the object has dropped and hasn't been picked up since the death of the Leaper shouldn't be occurring while a mission is being run solo.  
  • VISUAL: x9XvKPt.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: When killing a Deimos Leaper, a marker indicates that there's an object to be picked up, but no flag in the UI and no unusual item shows in the extraction rewards screen indicates anything unusual.  Dropping a waypoint marker on the persistent flag to see what it is does not occur and seems to be nothing more than a ghost of whatever was dropped.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: If something is dropped solo, it should be immediately picked up and no persistent marker should be shown.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Reproduction explains the observed results. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Given that the item is a rare/unique drop RNG indicates the persistence and reproduction.  
  • DESCRIPTION: Inconsistent markers on necessary Fauna in Deimos' Cambion Drift.  
  • VISUAL: Fish don't seem to register as a violent/attacking spawn (as seen here): igzpRpD.jpgHowever, Conservation Targets do:Na49rEC.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Easy to reproduce by simply putting on Animal Instinct/Primed Animal Instinct.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: different colour markers might be necessary (making them blue/ally as we get in invasion missions) might be in order. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Because of this inconsistency, unless a player is actively performing conservation captures, this can be a charlie-foxtrot of issues particularly when Infested -- being the Zombies of Warframe -- attack everything indiscriminately:  Foe and Conservation Targets alike.  Because of this when using melee or AOE weapons extraordinary measures would need to be taken not to kill the conservation target.  This is also why there is an inordinate amount of friction from the player based as this "new method" of conservation doesn't seem to follow established gaming protocols we've been taught since Open Beta.  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproducible.  
  • DESCRIPTION: Probably the most annoying glitch in the game:  Nidus' Larva (2 ability) & Virulence (1 ability) do not damage enemies caught in the larva and definitely do not add stacks if Virulence is cast while on Deimos' gelatinous rivers.  And yet energy loss is consistent while casting the abilities based on Warframe build.  
  • VISUAL: HOIZ6xK.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: This can be easily reproducible if larva is cast and catch 100% above the gelatinous rivers on Deimos.  
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Nidus' Warframe abilities should be damaging and killing ensnared enemies and stacks should be building up according to the Warframe's build.  
  • OBSERVED RESULT: See Description
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% reproducible based on conditions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • DESCRIPTION: I was hunting for a bolarola(and other animals) on the Orb Vallis and turned invisible, so did everything else interactable. When I leave the area I reappear. The affected area seems to be many meters across though, and high. In the crevasse next to me, the floor is gone, leaving just empty white-blue space.
  • VISUAL:

https://imgur.com/a/OgaMFRQ

• REPRODUCTION: Happened in several geographically 'low'  spots across the map (though not in the few caves I went into..), all of them had a similar effect, being able to see through the world floor, and the call point in the area turns invisible and cannot be interacted with. Enemies also turn invisible, and can still damage me, but I'm not sure if I could damage them. (don't think so, though. I had the ignis at the time and they kept coming at me..)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Visibility of models and ability to see the 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Everything is invisible and cannot use call point.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: In that instance of the Vallis, 'glitch' points remained that way no matter where I approached from. I'll reload the vallis next time I play to see if it's still being..special.

2 in 1, Also, all sawgaw trail starts vanish halfway through tracking, and remove the yellow area circle as if I haven't started the tracking process. I am able to go back and begin it again, and the same thing happens, and can happen again and again...

• 4 weeks later...
  • TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: My Kuva Lich refuses to spawn. I've got 3/3 murmurs unlocked and have done 6-7 more missions after that, but still nothing.
  • VISUAL: 79oOGdx.png
  • REPRODUCTION: I seem to recall the Lich actually spawned once during a mobile defense mission, but the objective got destroyed a few seconds after it spawned so I never got to even attempt killing it. I don't know for sure if this is what caused it, but I can't think of anything else.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The mission was failed without any attempts at killing the Lich, which should've just had the Lich carry on and spawn normally in a future mission
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I would guess that the sequence should roll the dice for whether the Lich will spawn in the next or current mission isn't enabling, since the flag that was switched on during my brief encounter with the Lich during the failed mobile defense mission was never reset, either due to my limited interaction with the Lich or because the mission failed so soon after it spawned.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: The effort I would have to go through just to re-test this sequence of events is too much of a hassle without dev tools to speed up certain elements.

• 5 weeks later...
  • TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Ash`s teleport doesn't open enemies up to finishers consistently .
  • VISUAL

• REPRODUCTION: Teleport to enemy. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should open enemies up to finishers every time you teleport to an enemy.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Enemy is not affect by the ability.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time I teleport to a enemy.

Note: You will also see the arrow glitch in this footage.

• 1 month later...
  • DESCRIPTION: Prisma Dual Decurions get no xp from Orphix event (or missions...) when equipped to necramech.
  • VISUAL:

https://imgur.com/LM1hchttps://imgur.com/a/RlH6mrK
    https://imgur.com/a/eeI7mRi

• REPRODUCTION: Going into a mission with ark weapons that aren't necramech specific (I.E Mausolon) and using them with the necramech.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Gaining 22 ranks of xp as the end screen said I had,
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Gained nothing upon checking in equip menu.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every mission with Bonewidow/nechamechs. They just cannot rank it, not sure if they're supposed to be able to use other ark weapons, maybe that's the problem?

2 in 1! Bug 2...
    UPDATE! Found out what triggers it!
  • DESCRIPTION: Inability to use transference/abilities as nechamech while doing Orphix event survival mission. I am stuck until my necramech dies, and upon resummoning, it happened again. I am not sure what triggered it (possibly transferring into a 'loaner' necramech by accident), I was on my 12th Orphix at the time of the first occurrence. What caused it was my nechramech being downed. After that I was 'stuck'.
  • VISUAL: Not this time, but it says 'ability use prevented'.
  • REPRODUCTION: Summoning and entering my own necramech did this every time after my necramech was destroyed for the first time.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Using a necramech ability/ swapping to Operator.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: 'Ability use prevented' flashed, and I was trapped in Necramech until the necramech died. Upon resummoning, same issue.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time within that mission after I was first stuck. Dying in necramech will cause this problem.
    I hope that's clear enough. Certainly made it...more difficult to fight the sentients.

Nitpick complaint, the Warframes use old style (low tech) weaponry specifically to overcome sentients, as stated my in-game lore, so WHY can't we use our Warframes, which are biological, against the sentients who are disabling...technology?? ~Makes ZERO sense~

• 5 weeks later...
  • DESCRIPTION: I didn't get many of the end of mission rewards while doing a Void Fissure Excavation. Specifically, everything but endo that dropped 'in the field' . Resources I didn't receive are shown in the screenshots below. ( I am sad about the missing cryotic!)
  • VISUAL:My drops
  • https://postimg.cc/gallery/9QDwVGN

• My team mate's drops

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Z5LbG0J

• REPRODUCTION: Only happened once
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Obtaining end of mission rewards/resources as normal.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I did not get everything that my team mates did.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: No data as of yet.

• 3 months later...
  • DESCRIPTION: I was running ESO (Elite sanctuary Onslaught) and clipped through the world. I used Cloudwalk to zoom up a staircase towards the portal. I clipped the edge of the stairs near a doorway and magically teleported beneath it out of bounds. From there I was trapped in an endless fall cycle. /unstuck and operator did not solve the issue, and I could not use any abilities and no movement inputs affected the cycle. I was softlocked...and missed the gate to the new zone, (zone 6)
  • VISUAL:

Just picture a Wukong prime falling through the world repeatedly beneath a staircase. The map tile was a corpus snow one with the inside and outside sections by a big cliff and there were infested enemies that round.

• REPRODUCTION: Hopefully never. I'm not about to try to get it to happen again!
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Cloudwalking up and through a door.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Stuck in endless fall cycle with no escape.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: This has happened on other missions in the past. /Unstuck just does nothing sometimes.

I'm MR 30 now and I'm trying to grind like mad to get the Lato Vandal with my Clanmates. They finished the last 3 rounds without me and didn't get a piece this time, but if they had I would have been very, very cheesed off. As it is, I'm really disappointed I couldn't finish the full 8 rounds with them simply because the game refused to let me..well, play.

Also, a clanmate told me to mention that sometimes when starting a Railjack mission, some RJ abilities (voidhole, rockets, flares etc) just bug out and aren't usable. Full energy and everything, the abilities just don't work sometimes, cannot even be cast. This is very replicable, it's happened practically every time we do a bout of missions.

Archived