Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Okay, so this is going to be one i've really wanted for a while.

Hecatoncheire, a warframe made up of hands who, instead of equipping a melee weapon, attacks with his own fists, which would be able to change stances mid-battle and would be modded separately, kind of an excalibur exalted blade but permanently active (and less powerful obv).

A vasca-hunter/werekubrow hybrid frame. (vasca being the in game vampire sickness and kubrow being dogs/wolves)

A vampire hunter frame, wearing a kubrow's pelt (like chroma or like a cape/fully stuck to is back), fighting alongside the spirit of an ancient dire-kubrow.

His basic vasca-hunter form still feels like, "banish the wiked" from a distance and can also fuse with the kubrow spirit to take a closer fight form.

Winged Hussar/Heavy Cavalry themed Frame

I know that you generally dont take directly inspiriation from existing cultures, but there are exceptions like Wuking and Nezha being based on Chinese culture,  which is why I decided to write this idea.

I know that this sound like weird theme for frame especially since we dont have horses(or any other mounts) but that part is actually not important, what is important is winged hussar ability charge at and then through enemy lines and being able to repeat such charge multiple times.

There are many types of cavalry in the world, reason why I chosen Winged Hussars is because their unique apperance and way of fighting: 

The Hussars were famous for their huge "wings", a wooden frame carrying eagle, ostrich, swan or goose feathers. 

They were heavily armoured, The hussars fought with a long lance, a koncerz (stabbing sword), a szabla (sabre), set of two to six pistols(Wheellock, later  flintlock), often a carbine or arquebus (known in Polish as a bandolet) and sometimes a warhammer or light axe. Hussars also sometimes used reflex bow.

Hussar officers usually wore a leopard (sometimes tiger jaguar or lion) pelt over his left shoulder, or sometimes wrapped around his hips. Wolf, brown bear and lynx pelts were reserved for leaders and veterans

here are some pics of how hussars looked:

Spoiler

Winged-Hussars.jpg

Spoiler

kiolsu_636948121649913145.jpg

Spoiler

SL4omcb6.jpg

and here is how Winged Hussar could look in futuristic world like warframe:

Spoiler

dd82d61f4bc21cc1cf7f5e47f28b22a2.jpg

Spoiler

scifi_wingedhussar_character_sheet1_by_r

Spoiler

bartosz-bortkiewicz-hussar-mech-base-and

If pics are forbiden then I will delete them

A Plasma Warframe with a Plasma Ball core in the center of his chest that fuels his power.

I've always been a fan of Plasma. It isn't fire, it isn't electricity, it's charged Ions - energy in its purest form.

Plasma can be something beautiful, something that's showy, yet its so strong, it can melt anything. There are also many different states of Plasma, which can be integrated into this Warframe's gameplay.

I believe a Warframe based off the concept of Plasma will be able to use the game's visual effects to an artistic maximum, while remaining a force to be reckoned with.

Therefore, this Warframe's gameplay will be centered around flashiness and power. Pure fun in my opinion.

More on this idea can be found here.

Spider Queen Warframe: Arachna

A warframe with eight legs, the result of a mad experiment using an infested spider queen and a Tenno criminal's frame. When the Tenno did their best to maintain their sanity it resulted in a merge of consciousness with the Queen, the perfect mix between instinct and thought,patience and savagery, the deadliest hunter. 

Passive: Eight legs are better than two; This frame can walk on walls and ceilings as if though they're obeying gravity, unable to double jump but can hold the spacebar to jump three times the normal jumping height.

Ability 1: Shoot binding webs that can cover surfaces and enemies, surfaces will become sticky making enemies unable to move if touched, if webs are shot at enemies the enemies will become encased in webs for a certain duration. Holding down this ability will allow a line of webbing to extend from Arachna to the surface, creating a grappling line, if the web hangs from a ceiling it can be swung across.

Ability 2: Archna releases webbing wherever she walks for a certain duration, jumping from one surface or another will extend the webbing, creating walls. Three different types of webbing can be cycled when this ability is used, Steel Thread (durable and perfect for blocking away enemies, unfortunately it looses the ability to make enmies stick to it), Poisonous Thread (This thread is very fragile, dissolving upon touch into a poisonous gas), Sticky Thread (can hold enemies in place for a certain duration once an enemy touches it, can only hold a certain amount of enemies before losing its effect).

Ability 3: Arachna releases a buff to friendly units, increasing armor with steel threads and coating weapons in spider venom. If there are spiders from her fourth ability then they will receive these buffs as well, extending the range of this buff.

Ability 4: Arachna calls upon her children, spawning spiderlings from all the webs that she has placed, which will then seek out nearby enemies causing poison damage and paralysis. If there are enemies caught in her webs, these enemies will be eaten, spawning larger and tougher spiders.

With the addition of massive space battles I think a space raider/ space solider warfram would be cool. A warframe designed to dominate space battles and make the crews of all opposing ships tremble in fear. 

I like the idea of the Houndmaster Warframe.  Some kind of connection to Kubrows, maybe abilities similar to the Drahk Master (able to summon multiple Kubrows in mission).  I've seen several other submissions with a similar theme, so I know I'm not the first.

Also shout out for some kind of alternate form (Werebeast) and/or ability to summon a spectral wolf or something (saw both of these previously submitted).

Perhaps immune to being attacked by enemy beasts in mission?

Time based Warframe

Ok so before we start i want to give a shoutout to the guy at the end of this he also has a time based warframe idea and since i didn't want him to go unnoticed he will be at the end of this very post and i aimed to make a diffrent one even though one ability will be similiar (also if you wanna work together to make theese 2 warframes into 1 i will be glad)

Name:Chronos

P:Chronos can instatly restantly revive himself when bleeding by using energy (similar to Vasca Kavat) and not consuming any of his 4 revive tokens

1:Time Warper

Chronos puts a machine down that allows allies by pressing X to teleport anywhere on the map in a  radius (Imagine this kinda like garudas 2 she turns an enemy into a blood altar and then you will get healed when in the radius similiar to the ability for chronos but in a much larger radius and instead of healing teleportation) by holding X allies gain a speed buff.

2:Rewind:

This is a channel ability similiar to harrows 2.Chronos channels his energy into an enemy or an ally.When an ally is affected they will be rewinded back in time gaining back or their health/energy/ammo allys can disrupt this channel tho by pressing either X or one of their abilitys.When an enemy is affected they go back in time and take a small amount of damage enemys will lose armor from this ability and be rewinded back in time but not their health.A percentage of the stripped armor will go to Chronos.

3:Time Barrier

Chronos puts down a barrier blocking all incoming damaging friendly or not for a short duration.Once the duration is over a percentage of the damage will be dealt forward to all enemies in the area (the ability gets affected by walls)

4:Time Keeper

This is an exalted weapon that can be moddified.Chronos bring outs a deadly semi-auto laser from the palm of his hand blasting his enemies this gun has two firing modes one being just the regular attack and the secondary fire being his time stopper.In this mode Chronos shoots a beam that lifts enemy in the air for a certain duration making them take increased damage.This weapon consumed energy the exact way that Ivaras Artemis Bow does.Each shot consumes energy

Ok so for his ability i wont put any official numbers since this could make him pretty op buuuuuuut i will go into his stats since they are way easier to balance and to change than gun damage and ability stats

Armor:200

Energy:150

Health:150

Shield:100

Sprint Speed 1.1

Alright so this was Chronos again check out this guy for his concept in a time based frame

1 hour ago, Sakethray said:

Dang, you beat me to it, but I have a loooot to add.

Me and a friend randomly thought of this frame a few months ago: here it is.

P: Temporal Flux
While in bleed out, enemies slow down in a large radius around you

1: Recall

This is a bit obvious, and it would be a lot simpler if you change the name or something, but simply rewinding to a previous point in time with all status affects purged and previous health regained.

2: Time Remnants

Create Clones of yourself that is basically a specter of your current frame, they aren't supposed to be in this timeline, so they're unstable and flimsy so they'll do some AOE on death,

3: Chronal Acceleration

Tapping 1 will change the current mode

Mode 1: Everyone in line of sight is a greater level, but much slower, essentially ageing them, and making them easier to hit

Mode 2: Everyone in line of sight is a lower level, but much faster, making them and easier to dice up

Holding 1 uses the ability (like Ivara's Quiver)

4: Restart

Make all enemy AI run backward and run backward and away from you, like a reset.

Moroi - Vampire Blood/Death knight Frame - Offensive Support

General idea behind the frame:

Spoiler

The general idea behind the frame is balancing life and death. Every ability demands a sacrifice of health before the benefit of it can be reaped. It is a sort of mix between Inaros and Hildryn, with the sacrificing a stat for powers being put throughout the entire kit. I do believe that he will be an interesting frame to play, as it will require smart resource management to ensure that Moroi will stay alive. I know that Revenant is often contributed as the vampire frame, but sadly enough he always felt more Eidolon than actual vampire. This frame, combining the themes of deathknights/bloodknights and vampires together, will be a better and darker fit to the idea of a dark, terrifying vampire stalking the battlefield.

Passive: Moroi gathers soul-fragments of the enemies he kills. Every 10/15/20 fragments he gains one soul. When downed, Moroi can use a soul to revive himself temporarily, permitting him to get closer to his allies for getting revived, or to regain enough health to fully resurrect himself.

First ability: (25 energy + 15% of health)  Leeching Swarm: Moroi sacrifices part of his health to send forth a wave of blood-made bats to harass enemies, much akin to harrow's condemn. Enemies caught within the wave of the swarm will be continuously damaged by the blood-bats, who send a percentage of the damage back to Moroi. These bats stay on their target until either the target dies, or the timer expires.

Second ability: (25 energy + 20% of health, can be channeled up to a threshold) Bloodthorn armour: Moroi channels health and energy into a thorned armour constructed of blood, damaging enemies that get closeby, and granting Moroi and nearby allies extra armour based on the amount of channeled.

Third ability: (50 energy + 25% of health) Desanctified grounds: Moroi curses the very grounds he stood on with part of his blood, causing a low fog to set in, and graves/altars to rise to grant his allies a safezone. Whilst within the desanctified grounds, enemies lose armour and damage, and they slow down as fear creeps slowly into their hearts. Enemies slain within the grounds are absorbed into the graves/altars, and they grand additional soul-fragments.

Fourth ability: (75 energy + 30%, constant drain on both.) Bloodhunt: Moroi begins to levitate as he summons forth his wings and an exalted bloodscythe from the blood of his sacrificed health. The exalted Scythe has innate lifesteal, movement speed bonus, knockdown resist (but not stagger resist), and grants additional soul fragments. If the Bloodhunt is combined with Bloodthorn armour, then the innate lifesteal from the scythe will be distributed between Moroi and his allies within Bloodthorn armour's range.

Potential Lore:

Spoiler

Do you know what wins wars? Not just brains, not just brawn, but spirit too. To witness the horrors of war, to witness all that death, and endure it. Even in our modern age of science and art, where our very palaces are lined with gold and guards, there is a weapon being devised still, which could even best the bravest of Dax, and the most stoic of you?

It's a weapon that has been long in the making. Old as time itself. Older than gun, older than blade, older than steel... Oh, emperors, I speak of the very tales that you so endear. Those that our archimedeans discover in tomes millenia-old, chronicling mighty battles and heroic adventures against impossible odds. Those that speak of heroes and monsters who's very names cause their enemies to gain a sense of impending doom.

What if we made ourselves one of those monsters? Dark, Eldritch, and Terrifying. An enemy to make our foes from beyond the stars learn the definition of chilling bones and clacking teeth. To make them huddle up around a fire, too scared of what might be out there in the night? A demon of the Void, spat out of that hellscape to devour his enemies whole?

I present onto you: Moroi.

Undying. 
Ancient.
Monstrous.
Moroi.

Disclaimer:

Spoiler

I got a lot of inspiration for this from the Dracul Warframe Concept. I do like the aestethic and themes from it, and just used those themes as a base to generate my own vampire Bloodknight Idea. If this gets accepted (in the unlikely event, anyway), then I'd like some credit to also go RedSkittlez's way.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)AgoraphobicFreak said:

people keep saying a transformation frame and im thinking something similar to Pennywise where he'll transform into something like the deadlights and send the enemy into a deep state of fear and devour them with your sharp teeth or rip their minds to shreds through fear. I was also thinking of getting buffs, health, energy and so on the more you terrorize the enemy. and because you make enemies flee in terror or make them float then i think he should have low health and armor and you get more shield and armor the more you scare enemies.

Like a horror frame that transforms Into a terrifying monster gaining new powers and passive abilities, thats able to possess enemies

Pseudonym 

The master of disguise and stealth 

Passive: enemy have a 50% chance of not noticing him

1st ability

Pseudonym gives him and his allies a damage, Sprint speed, and damage reduction buff lasting a few seconds.

2nd ability

As Pseudonym wall latches his body acts like a camillion and takes the exact same colour of the wall.

3rd ability

Pseudonym makes the enemy selected into an unfamiliar looking figure making his allies shoot him down. This can work with multiple enemies.

4th ability

Pseudonym scans the looks of the enemy selected and uses them as a doppelganger/disguise ignoring lasers, traps and security cameras.

Pseudonym looks like a dark pitch black figure with neither skin nor body.

Warframe Theme: Entropy

A frame that embodies the slow decay of matter and energy and the eventual end of the universe. Concepts attached to this theme would include things like: abyss, despair, apocalypse, decay, energy and matter destruction, slowing and negative energy. Visuals can be inspired by the nebulous void of space, things that we can't fully comprehend, horror themes (especially cosmic/lovecraftian horror) and negative space. Another possibility for the visual is to have it be inspired by The Stalker in that it's sort of an anti-Warframe. 

Possible names for this frame: Abyss, Azathoth (after the lovecraftian elder god), Apophis (after the Egyptian demon of destruction, could play off of Inaros' design?), Thanatos (Greek personification of death), Abbadon/Apollyon/Ba'al (Biblical demons) and Calamity.

A Dance-themed Warframe.

The Orokin's love of aesthetics knew no bounds - they created a music-based warframe (Octavia) so why not a dance-based waframe to accompany her?  Once the war with the Infested was entering its final phases, the Orokin turned to having the warframe as living dolls of pure artistry and create 'Terpsichore' (named after the Greek Muse of Dancing).

I'm feeling a flowing aesthetic visually (again, classical Greek Muse influence) with a tenancy towards weapons that can be easily conceals (daggers and fans).

She selects a 'dancing partner' on the battlefield and gains heightened evasion, captivate an audience with her dance before releasing a fan of knives or quick dashes-with-slashes.  Graceful, fast, and deadly.

A warframe based on flying like a jet or a spaceship. We have archwings but having a warframe that could be similar to that would be cool. I remember when I was just starting out, I thought Vauban was the name of an archwing and I thought a warframe that was basically a jet would be so cool. I imagined that it could use missiles as an ability and float and instead of dodge rolling it could "do a barrel roll" to the side. Kind of like how titania is a flying pixie, zephyr is a bird, a wisp is self-explanitory, having a jet based warframe with high mobility and access to missiles and thrusters and stuff could be super cool. The sky is the limit with this warframe's potential!

Archived