The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be Part of the Next Community-Created Warframe

[DE]Helen

• How about a reptilian frame called Comodo, it would have higher damage and dodge stats, passive ability would be gains forked tongue when using fist weapons(has a % chance to inflict poison & corrosive on hit), other abilities would be 1. Cold Blooded- reduces the chance of being seen by sensors, 2. Whiptail- adds a bleeding effect to enemies(bes for broups of enemies, how close an enemy is to be effected is dependant on the frames reach distance( bleedin effect chane is increased with bullet jump), 3. Leviathans Maw- increases damage delt at the cost of sheld capasity(stackable up to 5X), 4. Comodos Gaze- lets you see an ememies weak spot and adds a crit bonus if hit.

To be honest, I never thought we'd see this happen again. I'm stoked no matter what happens.

@[DE]Helen , while I understand that you're all likely selecting stand out suggestions as the thread grows, I'm wondering if there's enough time review everything and select the 10 concepts the DC will vote on and/or if the amount of submissions were anticipated.

Submissions end on the 19th and the poll goes up on the 20th, but the submission thread's been up for less than 24 hours and it's accumulated 103 pages (and counting). 

Sniper frame.
Passive: auto-aiming or assistant for sniper rifles only.
1: stun grenade.
2: Buff that increases the chance of crit / status / piercing on departure.
3: dome of invisibility / noiselessness.
4: all-round attack by the summoned pistols of the Void.

5 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

To be honest, I never thought we'd see this happen again. I'm stoked no matter what happens.

@[DE]Helen , while I understand that you're all likely selecting stand out suggestions as the thread grows, I'm wondering if there's enough time to select the 10 concepts the DC will vote on and/or if the amount of submissions were anticipated.

Submissions end on the 19th and the poll goes up on the 20th, but the submission thread's been up for less than 24 hours and it's accumulated 103 pages (and counting). 

Particularly agreed suh, It might be that this batch could be stamped and shipped, then, after Ms. Helen sends em through, she can post here for round two to commence, so on and so forth till the 19th.

Might make it a elluva lot easier for our boys in the High Castle to digest the lot, in portions, rather then a grand, mad buffet.

I was thinking a hunter styled frame like a male ivara his 1st ability he would touch the ground and all nearby enemies get a mark over their head and killing a marked enemy would restore 5 energy 2nd ability he would do a howling noise and his pet kubro "sachii" would come to his aid it can bite disarm and revive vulture (frames name) 3rd ability he would draw his exalted warpike and throw it dealing 500 explosion and exploding on inpact 4th ability he draws his warpike and does strong slashing combos when he puts it away he goes invisible for 10 seconds THE PASSIVE at low health he gets a rage boost making him 2x as fast

So I have this idea of a warframe, that is a more rugged and mad version of mesa. Mesa being the precise and quick shooter, this frame would be all about to just *shoot* enemies and anything that comes to being aggressive. This warframes name would be:

BISMARCK (or dreadnought if the name is copyrighted) 

The themes :(WW2, army general, heavy weapons, tactician, destruction trough war and grineer madness)

Like i stated, this frame is meant to be a male counter part and "the grandpa" of vauban and the up coming engineer frame. This frame is supposed to represent the *true* reason of frames to exist, that being to kill and keep on killing. His design ensunating the fact that being one of the first frames to exist, and he did it by using his own enemies as ammo and tools. 

INFLUENCE:(grineer, WW2, generals, Otto Von Bismarck, Hound from Transformer life action movies, wolfenstein, Salvador from Borderlands 2 and the old war in warframe) 

The story behind this frame is the epitome of a "War"frame, being the frame which didn't care who he fought or why, just wanted to keep on fighting. He may were a ruthless one, but only did it to be efficient. The frame in its old days was the pinnacle of design, but the today's "vanilla" version is more like a grineer pet project. It had been discovered by them and turned into a warrior of theirs, but regretting that this old vet is still kicking inside the ferrite skull and ready to join in to cause havoc agaisnt anyone who dares to step foot on his territory. 

ROLE:DPS/CC (more aggressive type) 

This combo might seem counter intuitive, but it does fuse in together rather well, especially his trademark of using spoils of War. 

SPOILS OF WAR: Bismarck inside of himself a container where he stores excess health, energy and ammo boxes, latter being turned into "spoils". Spoils are used for abilities, akin to baruuks restrain, but also require spoils to work. The other two, health and energy orbs, are automatically used when ever Bismarck depletes either one of those. His internal storage increases on level up to a max of 300 "spoils" capacity (health and energy orbs take in for context 25 spoils cap). And to enable him to have such hungry feature, spoils of War adds to him an internal vacuum of around 10 meters, to compensate for his rather hungry play style. 

PLAYSTYLE:Either a good survival, ESO or defence frame, this frame is meant to be a more aggressive alternative to vauban or to mesa. The frames potential relies on mass of enemies and being able to use the spoils to stay alive. Bismarck isn't for Boss fights as he is meant to be a mass war machine and less an one on one guy. 

I will post about possible abilities, but I will post them later. I do hope this finds some resonance with you people and hope our suggestions find it's place in the game. 

Thanks for reading and hope you support my idea! 

11 minutes ago, Unus said:

Particularly agreed suh, It might be that this batch could be stamped and shipped, then, after Ms. Helen sends em through, she can post here for round two to commence, so on and so forth till the 19th.

Might make it a elluva lot easier for our boys in the High Castle to digest the lot, in portions, rather then a grand, mad buffet.

That would be an alternative, but it's definitely not indicated in the schedule on the first page/the schedule Helen outlined.

The only thing that makes sense is they're already voting/creating a shortlist as the thread progresses. Let's say you decide you will select a maximum of 30 possible concepts. Each original concept that jumps out at you gets a spot on the shortlist. As new, original and interesting concepts are suggested, you can revise the 30 if it's full already. Remove something that's not as interesting as the newer thing.

If the shortlist of 30 wasn't full, you simply keep adding to it.

Shortlisting as the thread grows makes the most sense, I suppose, given that Helen asked everyone not to edit their posts to drastically change the content of the theme and noted that if a number of people suggested the same theme, the first mention would be counted.

If you suggested Pencil Color Warframe on page 2, Unus, then me and 74 other people suggest Pencil Color Warframe after you, only your first mention of Pencil Color Warframe gets a spot on the shortlist and not the other 75 mentions.

EDIT: Everyone, this is not the contest submission thread. Helen linked to that in the OP here.

2 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

That would be an alternative, but it's definitely not indicated in the schedule on the first page/the schedule Helen outlined.

The only thing that makes sense is they're already voting/creating a shortlist as the thread progresses. Let's say you decide you will select a maximum of 30 possible concepts. Each original concept that jumps out at you gets a spot on the shortlist. As new, original and interesting concepts are suggested, you can revise the 30 if it's full already. Remove something that's not as interesting as the newer thing.

If the shortlist of 30 wasn't full, you simply keep adding to it.

Shortlisting as the thread grows makes the most sense, I suppose, given that Helen asked everyone not to edit their posts to drastically change the content of the theme and noted that if a number of people suggested the same theme, the first mention would be counted.

If you suggested Pencil Color Warframe on page 2, Unus, then me and 74 other people suggest Pencil Color Warframe after you, only your first mention of Pencil Color Warframe gets a spot on the shortlist and not the other 75 mentions.

Ah, that certainly cuts down on the repetition I noticed in a few spots that made me wonder about a possible thematic mashup occurring.

A crossroads of slime, plant, beast, and insect tocreate some manner of "swamp thing" summoner.

That aside, were you planning on entering your old boy anew?

12 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, that certainly cuts down on the repetition I noticed in a few spots that made me wonder about a possible thematic mashup occurring.

If all goes well, it should.

A crossroads of slime, plant, beast, and insect tocreate some manner of "swamp thing" summoner.

Yes, plants, summoners, spiders, beasts are definitely some of the most requested. We have quite a few strong fan concepts of each of those.

That aside, were you planning on entering your old boy anew?

No. I strongly considered it.

Spoiler

Ushtar was my most popular concept (and Nzeru was my first), but I don't think he was the strongest or most unique. In all honesty, his concept was rather generic. In the end, I entered the youngest girl. Shouldn't I have entered Ushtar since, of the three, he's more likely to actually receive player support/votes if he ever made it to the DC?

My logic and my heart said no. I wanted to enter the strongest original concept. Ushtar was never that. I know Lopata is dead in the water and won't make it to the DC, but that's where I'm coming from on it. I wanted to be true to what I felt was my strongest/most original concept. I loved creating all three and they all have really original elements, but I picked Lopata for a reason. She was the most unique.

Let's probably not derail this thread, mate.

Seeing a Warframe that has the ability to command a horde of creepy crawlies would be interesting, seeing as most people are afraid of stuff like spiders, centipedes, beetles, etc. i don't a problem scaring that fear of God into the Grineer and Corpus. And that being said, if the Warframe can dissolve into those insects for a short span of time, it would be cool to run around as a horde of said insects and each enemy that walks in your puddle/path of insects gets slowly eaten alive by those insects.

4 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

If all goes well, it should.

Yes, plants, summoners, spiders, beasts are definitely some of the most requested. We have quite a few strong fan concepts of each of those.

No. I strongly considered it.

Hide contents

Ushtar was my most popular concept (and Nzeru was my first), but I don't think he was the strongest or most unique. In all honesty, his concept was rather generic. In the end, I entered the youngest girl. Shouldn't I have entered Ushtar since, of the three, he's more likely to actually receive player support/votes if he ever made it to the DC?

My logic and my heart said no. I wanted to enter the strongest original concept. Ushtar was never that. I know Lopata is dead in the water and won't make it to the DC, but that's where I'm coming from on it. I wanted to be true to what I felt was my strongest/most original concept. I loved creating all three and they all have really original elements, but I picked Lopata for a reason.

Let's probably not derail this thread, mate.

Oh, this seemed like the perfect place to discuss things about the contest, rather then doing what folks have been doing and posting here instead of there.

That said, I see and me and Feynman wish ye luck on your maidain's journey into the beyond!

8 minutes ago, Unus said:

Oh, this seemed like the perfect place to discuss things about the contest, rather then doing what folks have been doing and posting here instead of there.

Oh, sorry. I agree if it's a general question about the contest. Yes.

I meant discussing our concepts specifically since we're buds felt like derailment. I don't know if it is. Just erring on the side of caution.

8 minutes ago, Unus said:

That said, I see and me and Feynman wish ye luck on your maidain's journey into the beyond!

I saw your post. Thank you, and good luck to you as well!

Archived