Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mastery rank 8 - !IMPOSSIBLE!

polibsielipsy

1 minute ago, polibsielipsy said:

I TRYING COMPLETE MASTERY RANK 8 ON PRACTICE MORE THAN 4 HOURS

If you have a hard time, you have to practice more. If you are unable to finish the test for Mr8, then you won't ever finish some of the later tests...

1 minute ago, polibsielipsy said:

REALLY WHO CREATED IT?!

Someone who knows how to use the movement in Warframe. What's difficult about that:

• Like 3

Someone please Hekin' prepare this Tenno in advance for the MR9 test...

Joking aside, MR8 is relatively easy as shown in the video posted previously. Take very short breaks to actually shoot the targets, then move on to the next platform making sure you use bullet jumps to bridge those big gaps. I don't really see what is particularly bad about this MR test (even a frame with bad mobility can tackle this just fine), but I wouldn't be surprised if you got to MR8 without ever considering bullet jumping as a tool before, or somehow just didn't know you were meant to shoot the targets or something - it's fairly plausible given the newer player experience - so I'll give benefit of the doubt that this is genuine player frustration and not just some weird joke. But if it is a weird joke: Well done, no-one seemed to get it.

All that said, for your own sake, please do your research before you come screaming onto the forums like this. An in-game codex tutorial could have taught you the skills needed to beat this - it's rare I can say that.

if you think MR8 is hard then you're not ready for what the rest of the game will throw at you. Maybe look up some guides about the mobility system in the game because it's one fo the most important things you need to learn. if you're failing at the mobility test I can't wait to see what happens when you get to the actually difficult tests where you need to use the game's mechanics to your advantage *cough* MR9 and 19 *cough*

• Like 1

It is ok to blow off a little steam in here. Probably better to ask for tips. That being said,#11 or so, I almost quit the game over. It is a GOOD time to remember that you still earn points toward the next level while you figure out what you need to try to do to get through this cureent test. I wish you good luck.

It does not matter what frame you use cause abilities are anyhow disabled in Mastery Tests since quite awhile.

Master 8 test is easy when you train it a couple of times. I thought 7 was much harder.

Edited by Nevaee

• 1 year later...

I have been trying to pass MR8 for almost a month, I cannot jump without knowing where to jump to, this is NOT a valid use of the JUMPING abilities as we know where we are jumping to, and this is just a small as hell platform.

If they would atleast put you on the platform you fall off of, instead of putting you all the way at the start it might be easier, the game itself does that on the maps you are on, so WHY NOT HERE AS WELL????? 

An I am not a new player, I took a break for years after the map revamp was done the 1st time because I hated it.

Edited by (PSN)SaberSMAW

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the one where you have to learn how to Bullet Jump?

I remember that, when I first started WF I setup my controls to resemble Destiny and other FPS games I was familiar with

with the consequence that I couldn't Bullet Jump -I hadn't even realized it existed.

took MR8 to finally force the issue for me and utilize all the WF controls.

Yes you can do it, if the software bug doesn't get you.

Watched the videos and have done about 6 hours of practice. Noticed that the second jump is not consistent or sometimes doesn't even happen. 

And a new mouse didn't help !!!

Have managed it a few times in practice if I can get the second jump to trigger enough.

Mostly my skills but even the new mouse didn't help.