Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Pet Changes

--.Ravakahr.nVbs.--

Summary:

• Vacuum and Medi-ray are now permeant feature (not a mod) to companions OR just flying robot companions. 
  • Other mods would be fun to try and rotate. 

Detailed version: 

For the flying robot sentient companions we now have so many more mods then early versions of the game. So many!!!

I'd like to suggest vacuum and Medi-ray become a permeant feature of companions without taking up mod slots. So we can have more fun choosing what mods to use with our shiny companions.

pEz7JnE.jpg

Like the synth series would be nice on the carrier but no room. 

Edited by Ravakahr
  • Like 2

I just realized that another thing included in the mainline update was no longer companions needed separate mods to rank yet no one is talking about it. Probably the one thing I love since now I can fully mod my sentinels. Sorry if I’m random. This post just reminded me of the update to them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I just realized that another thing included in the mainline update was no longer companions needed separate mods to rank yet no one is talking about it. Probably the one thing I love since now I can fully mod my sentinels. Sorry if I’m random. This post just reminded me of the update to them. 

There was a begging thread in Feedback: Weapons about it right up to the mainline announcements, and there's a feedback thread about the change. There were only a few of us, but we were crab raving. X ]

11 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Tbh I think sentinels should be invincible. They're way too squishy.

Yes. My fallback position is removing their ability to draw agro, because it's not fair that being downed or using operator mode means instantly losing your sentinel. But they're really just an extension of the frame and ought to be invincible. 

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

Yes. My fallback position is removing their ability to draw agro, because it's not fair that being downed or using operator mode means instantly losing your sentinel. But they're really just an extension of the frame and ought to be invincible. 

Plus it sucks when you use your parazon on something and your sentinel nearly dies (or dies outright) because you're invincible.. and for some reason they aren't.

Oddly, they're all the same situation. In any of those cases (and during finishers), your frame ceases to draw agro, while your sentinel immediately draws it (and gets ganked.) In a sense, you're also invulnerable in all of those states. (Obviously, damage means nothing when you're downed and have no health to damage, but I don't honestly know whether you're technically counted as invulnerable at that time. And less obviously, frames are invulnerable by default when you're in operator mode, but only by default - if your frame has any active abilities, from Saryn's spores to Nova's DR, it'll take 10% of incoming damage instead.)

2 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Worth noting that Sacrifice, Reawaken, and Regen (including its Primed variant) would all have to be removed. 

I can live with those mods being removed if companions are made invincible.

On 2020-03-09 at 12:50 PM, CopperBezel said:

There was a begging thread in Feedback: Weapons about it right up to the mainline announcements, and there's a feedback thread about the change. There were only a few of us, but we were crab raving. X ]

I completely agree that companions should be invincible!