Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Requirements needed on Veil Railjack Missions

Zelmen

I will start by saying I am all for making all content open to all players. To the point that I still think its a little hard for Vox Solaris to be locked behind maxing out a rep and partly a second to access some frame BPs. That said...

I think it is utter BS for a player with 7 hours game time to be in veil missions on railjack. Don't think I have ever been in a veil mission where there wasn't a boarding party. There is no way this player has the mods, the gear, or the experience to survive these missions. If it takes MR 2 to trade and MR 8 to deal with rivens. Why is there a MR 0 in this veil mission... (Was playing Flexa).

I'm think there should be at min a MR 2 requirement and maybe 1 rank 30 weapon equipped for veil missions. Let them play on Earth with they aren't fight 80+ enemies with MK1 weapons and unranked gear... (I say weapon because people can still bring there rank 20 crap if they want but forces the below image to not happen). I also hope people who have 0s down the board lose all loot and XP. They didn't even try.

wCCR296.jpg

Edited by Zelmen

I wouldn't be opposed to having higher requirements for Saturn and Veil, or simply having the Intrinsic requirements also apply to people being taxi'd by others.  With the reduced build requirements for a Railjack, locking the Saturn/Veil Proxima behind owning a RJ might also be enough to stop people who aren't prepared from joining.  If either of these requirements were added then newer players would still be able to experience RJ through the Earth Proxima.  I don't think having a rank 30 item would be enough since if they're being taxi'd to Veil Proxima then being taxi'd to Hydron would be an easy way around it.

7 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I don't think having a rank 30 item would be enough since if they're being taxi'd to Veil Proxima then being taxi'd to Hydron would be an easy way around it.

While there is a work around, being able to shove 30 points of mods into a frame  / weapon can make a difference. Plus stats scale as the rank up from what I have seen. Now that the investments are cheaper for the RJ mission, it could be possible to req a RJ. The downside are couple, or close friends that always play together and don't feel the need to both have one. Yeah they don't both need to pimp their rides but the quest is annoying enough and the new 6hr craft could delay playing together.

I was under the impression RJ access was locked behind having an archwing (which is too low of a requirement imo). Archwing quest should require being MR 2, so I dont really understand what's going on here.

In a structured group this person could very well do their job as only one person really needs to deal with on ship enemies. As dedicated crafter, pilot or artillery gunner you dont need anything but there is no way this person can effectively deal with boarding enemies.

I think it would be good to keep all the restrictions we come up with in this thread to only public matchmaking.