Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About player retention

_Euphoria_

Most of the people I introduced to the game looked and market and saw all the plat costs and thought the game was pay to win. I had to explain them that you can trade plat and also craft many of the weapons with blueprients. However many wont have friends explaining things and just quit the game from the start. So I suggest doing something about explaining better about weapons being craftable easily

Honestly when I started the game I personally looked at the market for weapons I thought I'd never get. I was planning to play the game solo (and still do play solo), so I was under the very wrong impression I'd never have any of the clan weapons, for example. It was something that bothered me because I really did want a few of the cooler looking ones - and let's face it, some of the clan unlocked weapons are the most fun ones - and admittedly, it was very off-putting for me playing the game in the long term.

But all it took was a little bit of searching for details to realise that the only weapon I'll probably never get because of limitations like that is... -maybe the Hema?.. --and even then, I can get the Hema if I just persevere and care enough. Which, to some is a pain in the ass, but 1) I don't really care too much about the Hema honestly and 2) I kinda just don't mind the grind(? I like having long-term goals. Call me crazy.).

--and I think that's emblematic of everything that puts players off of Warframe. Even though you can do everything solo, clearly, there's so much research to do to figure out that that's true in the first place. Then you end up doing more research to find out how to get into the game and achieve these certain goals... It goes on and on from there, and unless you're prepared in the sense that you either enjoy digging your way through the wiki (as an example), or simply figuring things out like that for yourself, you'll run into a lot of bumps in the road and moments where you reconsider the game for good. I spent a lot of time wondering if I'd keep playing Warframe in the same way, but after pushing through those doubts I think I'm here to stay.

It's not a secret that the new player experience requiring a lot of community input to be good is a problem. Plat costs "scaring" players is, quite honestly, a very tiny fraction of that.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

its more like those players are used to instant crafting in games an when see a timer on crafting are turned away.
i seen some people that only use plat to buy there stuff even if it a easy to craft weapon, just cause they hate to wait

Extreme amounts of time-based crafting really is bad design, and those players are not wrong for turning away. I think DE knows it's bad design which is why Kuva Weapons are instantly rewarded and why Excalibur Umbra is instantly built (would be really dumb to wait 3 days to progress in The Sacrifice). Didn't they also cut down on this non-sense for Railjack? It's really dumb...