The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best mods for Hek?

ArtemisGaming

3 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Hell's Chamber (no idea where to farm)

you can get it on Hieracon, rotation C IIRC. I know I picked one up last time I was there.

to OP:

- rank up the Steel Meridian Syndicate if possible, they have an augment called Scattered Justice which will greatly improve your Hek. they also offer the Vaykor Hek, an improved version, though it doesn't allow the augment on it unfortunately. once your MR is higher, you could get it and have an even better Hek!

- Blaze is a nightmare mod that helps, if you feel you can't handle nightmare missions, wait until there's an Exterminate Nightmare on a lower level planet, they are easy enough to do with most modifiers. be sure to plan your loadout accordingly for things like No Shields, etc. there are other mods that can help too, like Vicious Spread.

- the rest is up to to you, 90% elementals will help against enemies, and perhaps a reload mod if you want. 

basically, run Nightmare missions and go for Dual Stat mods when you can and your Hek will be strong enough to get you through the whole starchart!

• Like 1

However it would be better to avoid using shotguns except for mastery, especially on a new account as rifle mods are more used and pump action shotguns are not that good overall, kind of meme territory for most players :).

Just put point blank and random elemental mods, if you have someone who can provide you a cheap augment mod(free multishot and nice proc), just fit it in. This weapon won't get you that far, it was good when game got out in open beta(but at the same time everything was dying with a single gorgon bullet so...), now it doesn't compete :D.

You'll start getting nice things around mr8-9 for primaries, for example ignis wraith wich is a good farming tool.

Edited by Galuf

Hek is a pure damage weapon so you want to focus on mods that maximize the total damage. In terms of elementals I would recommend going either Corrosive (toxin + electricity) Heat or Viral (toxin + cold) Heat. Depending on what mods you have you may have to go for other things to maximize damage but I would focus on having at least Corrosive or Viral as your primary element. You could also do Corrosive Blast or Viral Radiation. 

For a viral/heat build it would look like this: Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, Chilling Grasp, Contagious Spread, Incendiary Coat, Blaze,  and Chilling Reload.

5 hours ago, ArtemisGaming said:

I am MR 4, almost 5 and am on Jupiter. I need to know some good shotgun mods and if possible some good spots to get them. 

This is the cheapest build I could think of (links are on the names of every mod). For best effect leveled to max mods.
point blank
Hell's_Chamber
Hunter Munitions
Blunderbuss
Ravage
Chilling Grasp
Contagious Spread
Blaze

blaze at the end of the build, your main damage should be viral to boost hunter munitions procs( viral = chilling grasp+ contagius spread)

Edited by vegetosayajin