The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx rework touchup

(PSN)Soul_o-O_Eater

With the much appreciated adjustments to Titania rework, could we get some to nyx too? Since enemy vs enemy damage is really poor, could mind control or the augment be buffed for more damage? Could chaos receive a little buff like that too? I think the 4th ability damage output is also too low at high level. Not worth draining 400+ energy. Also I think it would be nice if you could slow walk during her 4th ability and move normally with the augment. Ty

• Like 6

I definitely agree that Nyx could stand to make enemies damage each other a lot more, as her entire niche is turning the enemy's power against itself. She's got the crowd control portion of that more or less down, but the damage portion is entirely lacking, which I strongly suspect is why she feels like less than half a frame at a time when many other frames can casually apply better CC without CC even being their specialty.

In general, I think it would help Nyx significantly if all enemy-based minions received a comprehensive rework, namely:

• 100% accuracy when under the control of a warframe
  • Strictly no use of defensive tactics or moves that make the minions waste time instead of attacking
  • A native damage multiplier against other enemies that scales with their level, so that enemy-to-enemy damage always remains relevant

This should affect enemies affected by Mind Control and Chaos, but also Radiation procs, as well as the minions Inaros, Nekros, and Revenant generate from their own abilities. Enemy-based minions are notoriously weak at the moment, mainly because their damage absolutely doesn't match their own EHP, and the above could go a long way towards improving that. Because she depends so heavily on enemies to do her thing, Nyx would likely benefit from the above most of all.

As for Nyx in particular, I also completely agree with the OP that Assimilate could very well be made the baseline version of her 4. At the very least, Absorb should completely lose the drain on allied damage, and in fact shouldn't drain Energy from damage received at all. If the ability really needs some hard limitation, one way of going about it could be the exponentially increasing drains certain frames have received in recent times.

• Like 3

i was thinking since now enemies affected with rad deals higher damage against each others and stack. make enemies affected by chaos have a rad proc. so they can kill each other for real. against armored guys you can use your 2. good for condition overload too

i agree that absorb should just be assimilate, but making assimilate augment letting her move freely and be completely invulnerable is  way too much 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

She needs to be comepletely rebuilt from the ground up. Minor stat changes isn’t going to cut it anymore.

Agreed. just scrap her and start over. Any changes to her current kit is like building a castle on a bog.

2 hours ago, Raqiya said:

Agreed. just scrap her and start over. Any changes to her current kit is like building a castle on a bog.

“I built the castle. It sank into the swamp.

So I built a second one. That one fell over and then sank into the swamp.

So I built a third one. That one burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp”.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

In general, I think it would help Nyx significantly if all enemy-based minions received a comprehensive rework, namely:

• 100% accuracy when under the control of a warframe
  • Strictly no use of defensive tactics or moves that make the minions waste time instead of attacking
  • A native damage multiplier against other enemies that scales with their level, so that enemy-to-enemy damage always remains relevant

Preach! And the damage needs to be a big buff. Today I tested the 1 Aug after mainline. I had a strength build with about 940% extra damage and loaded up the target another 800+% with kuva brakk. The lvl 170 corrupted heavy gunners eximus units were still just tickling each other. It was only useful with high level corpus units.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sharkgoblin said:

i was thinking since now enemies affected with rad deals higher damage against each others and stack. make enemies affected by chaos have a rad proc. so they can kill each other for real. against armored guys you can use your 2. good for condition overload too

i agree that absorb should just be assimilate, but making assimilate augment letting her move freely and be completely invulnerable is  way too much 

I like this for chaos. And have the procs stack up over time, perhaps based on modding such as strength.

For absorb, you may be right but it is a mod slot after all. It has to be worth it. Maybe move freely but absorbed damage costs a bit more. Or maybe she moves in her own unique way with it.

Edited by (PS4)Soul_o-O_Eater
Typo

There's already a myriad of Nyx rework topics!

I love every single one of them! Made one myself too, ha!

It doesn't matter whether I agree with the OP or not, I'm just genuinely overjoyed to see so many people like Nyx and want her to be better. DE please listen to the people and make Nyx amazing.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

It doesn't matter whether I agree with the OP or not, I'm just genuinely overjoyed to see so many people like Nyx and want her to be better. DE please listen to the people and make Nyx amazing.

Right? I made one too a couple of weeks ago because I saw a new one every day! I was so happya about that. Then self damage was removed and everyday I saw a chroma rework post... I don't say he doesn't need changes but he is not in that bad state as Nyx or Zephyr. DE should acknowledge that Nyx needs a rewokr ASAP because she is THE WORST frame in the game rn. And I'm saying that with tears in my eyes because she is my favorite one too.
I made a pact with myself that I will comment on every patch notes and posts thaat I know DE checks and say Nyx needs a rework. I can only hope.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

Right? I made one too a couple of weeks ago because I saw a new one every day! I was so happya about that. Then self damage was removed and everyday I saw a chroma rework post... I don't say he doesn't need changes but he is not in that bad state as Nyx or Zephyr. DE should acknowledge that Nyx needs a rewokr ASAP because she is THE WORST frame in the game rn. And I'm saying that with tears in my eyes because she is my favorite one too.
I made a pact with myself that I will comment on every patch notes and posts thaat I know DE checks and say Nyx needs a rework. I can only hope.

There is a lot of frames that could use a rework, but each of them has their place and use even now. Nyx...not so much. 

I was hoping for a rework with her Pasithea skin, alas nothing. With how DE is busy adding new crap in the game (I can't currently call Scarlet Spear anything nicer) they won't get to reworking Nyx anytime soon. 😔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Soul_o-O_Eater said:

I like this for chaos. And have the procs stack up over time, perhaps based on modding such as strength.

For absorb, you may be right but it is a mod slot after all. It has to be worth it. Maybe move freely but absorbed damage costs a bit more. Or maybe she moves in her own unique way with it.

absorb augment: "peepeepoopoo" enemies that hit nyx while in absorb will drop their guns and start a peaceful life in some ostron colony

5 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Totally! It's a freaking psychic mind control frame! The awesome idea deserves it! Haha

As the game went from "cc is King", to "kills are king", it would be wonderful to be able to use her in more situations than just interception without pissing off a squad. Exaggeration, I know.

• Like 2

Maybe DE can look at Guild Wars 1 Mesmer class to rebalance or retool Nyx. Mesmer's in Guild Wars 1 were all about controlling, denying, and punishing your enemies actions. Mesmer's would cast hexes on enemies and when the enemies attack or cast a spell that action will be canceled while dealing damage, taking their energy away, or applying conditions to enemies such as deep wound. It was a power house in the right hands and a tough class to play if you didn't understand the Mesmer. That's a direction I can see Nyx going into because she is our mind control frame but doesn't really capitalize on the mind control and when you really think about it what control does she really have ?

Just imagine if Nyx uses an ability that deals damage to enemies when they're attacking Nyx and her allies. Then Nyx cast another ability that spreads status effects from one enemy to all the enemies in range, plus refreshes the status effects on the enemies. A good CC option would be casting a stun debuff to enemies activating as their moving. 

It's not all fleshed out and different than what may have been proposed in the past, but these are some ideas that are appealing to me.  

• Like 3