Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 12+ Weapons?

-PF-trigunxvash10

Any way we can get some exclusive mastery rank 12+ weapons very soon for people that have all the frames, have all the weapons, have all the mods, have pretty much upgraded and fused everything to max (i.e. Serration, Hornet Strike, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, etc.) just so that we have a goal to reach at the end of the tunnel?  I mean, I would like an extremely hard level or boss that would literally take 4 people to cooperate effectively and compliment each other's abilities to complete but I know it'd be easier to just make a weapon (or weapons) that requires that extremely high mastery rank to obtain.  Nothing special, just want something to strive for.  I just really love this game and it'd be a shame to say goodbye to it so soon because there's really nothing left to do.  =/    How does everyone else feel who's in the same boat as me?

Edited by trigunxvash10

i don't think they should straight up do that

i prefer their current "system"

aka slowly , update by update higher mastery weapons get added(funnily enough the weapons usually arrive shortly after i reach the needed mastery)

if you just skip 3 ranks people will probably be upset about it, for good reason

I can completely understand where you're coming from as I'm more or less in the same boat but I really don't think DE is going to release any weapons that are Master 12+ locked for some time now and I'm okay with that. My only suggestion for you is to duck out for a bit, and come back to give DE some time to create some new stuff.

If you really have all weps, mods and frames maxed out (which i personally doubt but thats besides the point),

Really -REALLY- not hard to believe if someone has been playing for a long time. Back in closed beta, there weren't a ton of weapons. did not take long to Rank 30 all of them. Each patch that adds more, hitting 30 on the newest weapon is a few hours work. Rinse and repeat with every patch.

There is a ton to do as a new player, but nothing to do as an old player a week or two after each new patch.

i also got every frame and every weapons (except lato V and braton V) on max at least once. also forma'd much stuff. but 12 mastery to equip a frame or weapon? too high... maybe 9 or 10 should be the next step since embolis is 8 already. also most mods who are hard to max are max. (except hornetstrike.. damn acrid error msg bug, even if i dont use that weapon)

only thing ive bought often are boosters. so its rly easy to get 12,7  rank within 300 hours playtime.

Edited by HansVanHugendong

I can completely understand where you're coming from as I'm more or less in the same boat but I really don't think DE is going to release any weapons that are Master 12+ locked for some time now and I'm okay with that. My only suggestion for you is to duck out for a bit, and come back to give DE some time to create some new stuff.

I just may have to do this....thanks for your response and feedback.

Tbh. I feel that no wep should be released ingame currently with a MR Requirement over 8, the reason I say that is because ALOT of people stop at 3-4 and the ones who do continue usually stop at 7 or so. And by 7 or 8 you have every Frame most likely and maybe even have them all maxed, I have every Frame except Base Excalibur, Frost and then Ash... because I have a deep hate for Ash. Anyhoo, I'm currently 1/5th about of the way across rank 8, albeit I dun really rank weps often that's still pretty harsh if you take the time to notice that I have about 254 hours in, so if suddenly a batch of UBER powerful MR12 only weps released... well alot of people would be screwed. And I've really only seen about 20 people who are actually MR12, the others are usually maybe 10 or 11 max, but mostly 4-9 range. I mean we just have no reason to really go beyond 7 currently, the people who are the ones who feel the need to test every new wep or Frame released.

The game is promising so far, however it does need to reward the more experienced with exclusive weapons, instead of making new, strong weapons available mastery 2 and up, they can make certain weapons or frames that are exclusive to and acknowledge the advanced and experienced players, theres enough weapons for the lower mastery players, i think its time for a dawn of higher mastery weapon releases and priviledges, whats the point when a level 6 mastery can go head to head with a mastery 12 (neglecting skill factor) player. 

I am only rank 7. But anyway it would be nice if people will get something with new higher rank. For example:

6. lato vandal

8. braton vandal

10. skana vandal

12. vandalized frames

e.g.

nothing special, lotus sheme/painting and slightly better stats (not better than primes, lore)

additionaly kind of titles ingame

alternated lotus emblem e.g.

They haven't even release mastery rank 7 and 8 market weapons yet.

You cannot even get to 12+ with market or alert weapons(I have tested this). At max is mastery Rank 11 + crafting all the warframes. It is too early for mastery rank 12+. NOt even lvl 120+ planets are out.

Dammit, I deleted my damn point:

I feel mastery rank should unlock stuff, but not weapons - how about customisation options, like unlocking visual aspects from frames youve mastered to use on other frames ? Imagine a Mag with extra plating (visual only) to denote mastery of a Rhino and so on.

Edited by Keltik0ne

And that's why I think the new Forma drop rate is a good thing for long time players. Hit level 30? Forma it and have something even better!

It's not a long term solution though. Some weapon like Boar Prime should really come with at least one polarity.

My main point isn't just simply to introduce exclusive rank 12+ weapons. I just want people to throw out other options or choices to allow the DE team to marinate some decisions to reward loyal long-term players who have reached high mastery ranks.  KeltiK0ne said it perfectly that even though he doesn't agree with my opinion that we should have weapons that require such high mastery rank yet, we should have some sort of special customization option that allows players with that high of a mastery rank to play around with.  This will still allow many people like me to see a light at the end of the tunnel (or goal to strive for being more customization for players like me) and also to obtain the level of exclusivity that I would like.  Anyone else have any other great ideas?

No that's idiotic. What? I miss out on an item from something I couldn't do so now I get punished?

Mastery should just be an indication of how many items you've leveled to max. If the items that Mastery Level 12+ unlock suck or are just cosmetic devices than sure whatever. But being unable to acquire the best gear available is completely unfair to players who happened to miss out on something inane.

The only way I can see this working is if DE keeps retiring and introducing new items so that everybody can eventually attain Max Mastery but the specifics of the mastery system have yet to be seen.

12 is an incredibly unrealistic mastery rank for a weapon requirement. 

it isn´t, in the end EVERY rank will have his own weapons, without Masterys have no sence

And all the time DE talk about a better rank system for weapons

Any way we can get some exclusive mastery rank 12+ weapons very soon for people that have all the frames, have all the weapons, have all the mods, have pretty much upgraded and fused everything to max (i.e. Serration, Hornet Strike, Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, etc.) just so that we have a goal to reach at the end of the tunnel?  I mean, I would like an extremely hard level or boss that would literally take 4 people to cooperate effectively and compliment each other's abilities to complete but I know it'd be easier to just make a weapon (or weapons) that requires that extremely high mastery rank to obtain.  Nothing special, just want something to strive for.  I just really love this game and it'd be a shame to say goodbye to it so soon because there's really nothing left to do.  =/    How does everyone else feel who's in the same boat as me?

+1  

after the new mods, im done with the game.  this would be awesome.  the forums would erupt in QQ over how unfair it is or too hard.  sadly, i don't see DE jumping into that sh@t storm anytime soon.