Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear [OVER ON PC]

[DE]Rebecca

I use to play because I liked the idea of being the highest mastery rank possible and felt a sense of accomplishment for having all the things leveled.  I'm pretty much over it now and my clan and I are almost completely done with this game now it's very sad.  It's what brought us together but each and every step of the way DE seems infatuated with some malevolent bug that continues to outright ignore the community that made it what it is, lie to the community that made it what it is, and then show little to no respect for the time of that community.

As the event is right now, it's too grindy and repetitive to bother. Remove some of the grind or add more variety to get my interest. Even lousy liches seem more fun because at least I can pick what mission I do to hunt them (and I never thought I'd put liches over 'new content', I don't like liches that much, but I can engage in 30-45 mins of lich hunting quite happily).

I tried Railjack side, was solo on all attempts. Not worth the gruelling effort to try to complete one solo.

Mob spawns on ground side seem to be nicely flowing, whatever logic was done there, please do this on any higher level wave-based missions - especially defense.

Condrix being what it is invalidates any melee and most secondaries - not cool for variety.

Same primary weapon, same map, same main enemy with extremely simple mechanics, same voice lines, bleurgh.

Earth maps got boring quite fast.

Little Duck's voice lines are timed badly throughout ground mission. But I guess the only way to go through the grind would be to mute the game and listen to music anyway. While Cy's voice lines can be of help while on railjack, Little Duck's lines are useless dialogue. Sargas Ruk's 'additions' were cool only for the first 20 mins, but somehow they reached annoying spoilerkid-voice-lines level nearly immediately (I had those muted since MR5).

Since I'm still annoyed about this event.  Perhaps other members of the community could give me some perspective.  I've always been an avid Warframe/DE fan.  I'm given my critique when warranted but for the most part I was very content with how they handled things, up to a point.  I think this was because I genuinely felt DE was looking out for their community.  After the entire GotL problem and other issues, I stayed pretty faithful to that idea, while disagreeing with aspects of how the social interactions were handled.  What actually BROKE me in this game, what killed my belief in DE's generosity toward their community was the Kuva Lich system.  What was promised, what we received and the weapons.  For some reason having to forma a single item five times, actually makes my blood boil.  Am I on crazy pills?  What if anything made you snap and lose faith?  What could be done to correct this because I really, really want to enjoy this game and sing DE's praises but they're not providing anything other than fuel for the opposite.  I'm actually done with this event and going back to Doom Eternal and 7 days to die.

very player in the Scarlet Spear Flotilla Relay will have 3 hours to fend off 100 Sentient Murex ships. This timer is universal across all instances of the relay.

There is a downtime of 10 minutes between Murex appearances in which players cannot start Ground Assault or Murex Raid missions.

thats from the wiki.. where is that in game... how is it intended to be represented in game... did

di you realize this ment people Not playing and Not knowing when they Could?

Saw a lot of people complaining in the patchnotes about this grind, personally it's fine with me but I'm not picky about this game in general, I love it for everything it is

It is pretty grindy though, I've been a really long player and this is a little up there, definitely not nearly as annoying as liches to me though before they fixed it so we can see what weapon the larvling drops. 

I would say that the main reason I don't mind this grind is because 1. it's easy to cheese & it's not frustrating or annoying like liches can be, and 2. there's nothing that I really feel obligated to get or really "need" compared to tons of weapons that give mastery. Like there's a few thing that I'm like "oohhh, I want that"

They should definitely increase the profit from ground squad though. Seems like it's like half as efficient. All I've been doing is running the railjack squad as limbo, with bubble build, stand there for a few mins and we're done. The amount we're getting per time is pretty decent so I'm not surprised how upset ground squad players are

How about you properly playtest your game before releasing it DE instead of threatening bans to those people who let's face it, are responsible for fixing your game for you cos you're not good enough at it yourself. If you were there wouldn't be any exploits now would there? Oh yeh I forgot, after 6 or so years you're still in beta....

I like the game mode it is just unfortunate there are bugs with forming squads. People are not put together during missions and with the 100 player per flotilla limit it is difficult forming squads. Right now if I go in solo I can start a mission, but when I formed a squad and joined the SAME flotilla it said there were no Murex. I went back solo after and it let me start. NOTHING had changed. I did this multiple times and it kept happening. Please figure out a way to make getting squads easier. I like the game mode, but I do not want to waste another 30 min to an hour getting a squad into a mission.

Its kind of fun but how do I earn operation points? Who gives them where do I claim them and how do I check my progress on that? What about progress towards Murex/Condrix emblems? Does those ones should be obtained each wave or are they permanent? Do I have to do it all on a single relay or any progress besides Scarlet Credits "resets" if I exit and go to another relay? is there matchmaking active for railjack missions or only pre-made squads are allowed to go in group?

I may have not played enough missions to reach the 1k minimum for each Murex/Condrix emblem, but I don't really wanna make a fool out of myself if I'm missing some step into acquiring them or to be told tough luck because it was bugged after all. I may go for the blueprints, but I have no hope of playing enough Scarlet Spear to obtain anything else besides those two without the bonus credits from Ranks.

I am not enjoying this event I must say.

Heres a few points as to why

Yes, warframe is a grind game, but really?  There is such a thing as too much grind, and this is way beyond that line. Even at 4 weeks long, I doubt I would be able to get enough spear creds for the three items I want unless I devote all my free time to grinding... all of it.  Wake, work, come straight home, play, sleep, rinse repeat.   Not something I want to do, mainly because...

*This event is boring.*

The condrix side of the event is just flat out boring. I am sorry but this is not in anyway challenging, interresting, or fun. You shoot a huge cannot be missed target that doesnt move, one-tap a few weak sentients when the big target blinks, and then defend uplinks... well, you sit by them just in case the grineer spawn in huge numbers, but otherwise a 1 star specter can babysit them while you... i dunno, admire the earth tileset? Boring, not challenging.

And the point of this? To give kill codes to the space squads...

Doesnt feel like it.  I do not perceive *any* interactivity btween my ground team and the railjack teams.  There is no communication going on, mainly because there is literally NO coordination or communication needed.

What my squad is doing actually has no impact on any other squad and vice versa.  Those auto "i received your kill code, thanks" messages could have a rando npc rather than some rando players portrait in it for as much interacting as I actually do with them...

Seriously, if this the multi-squad cooperation model, it fails, and fails hard.

The railjack teams dont need to inform ground teams that they need kill codes... the ground team is getting them anyway.

Seriously... that is the **only** thing ground teams are doing.  Its not like we chilling in a defense mission, the rj crew calls and and we scramble to a new objective or something... we are literally already running the mission of "kill crondix's"

I cannot stress what a dissapointment it is to have the multi-squad coordination aspect hyped up as much as it was and it actually being completely absent from the final product.

This was a problem with the liches and railjack releases as well... we were shown promotional trailers showing one thing and the final product bears little resemblance to those promotions.

Railjack side... I cant comment much on this simply because there seems to be real shoddy squad making mechanics, if any at all, and I am forced into a solo run on my own railjack almost every single time

And when you DO get a squad going,  ground or railjack... and you settle in for that long, long, long, boring, boring grind...

Time gated mobile game bullocks.

Why is there a time gate after the 100th murex chased away? Why is there a time gate PERIOD?

Get a flow going just to have it broken for... what?  What purpose is served here?

I am sorry, DE, but this is FAR from your best showing.

And notice too please, there is NOTHING in here about bugs.  This is 100% a critique of the design of the event itself.

Its not good, and its not fun, its actually very bad.

I really wish it wasnt.

so i finnally get to join a murex attack on the ground but the condrix leaves with 0 score... i can only assume its like the eidolons at day time and they just leave... i have never been so disgusted by a game ... the previous worst time in a game was also this game but with DE trolling thru limbo, void lasers and countless other "agency over players" issues...

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

End of Wave Bonus Tiers:

If you defeat the required amount of Murex in a Scarlet Spear Flotilla, you will get bonus VICTORY PAYOUT. Your Victory Payout earns you more Scarlet Credits Operation points depending on your rank!

Rank I (Ground or Space): 2000
Rank II (Ground or Space): 6000
Rank III (Ground or Space): 10,000

I just did a run and got 5,8xx (5.8k something) and only got the Rank I credit reward, but I do have the Rank III Emblem.

This is either bugged or incorrect information and I'm not quite sure where I can go to get the correct reward.

Emblem rewards are extremely confusing, I've read this page several times over and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on.

Anyway from what I can understand it's a mechanism to make the event exponentially more rewarding for people who nolife it which seems not great - in that it's making the event exponentially less rewarding for people who just want to play casually and get the 2 new weapons (because good luck getting 35000 points without relying on victory rewards!)

I have one complaint about this current event...
Newer players (and some older players) seem to not know how to open their inventory and use items.
When the default chat is an actual spam wall it makes it hard to be a player able to instruct them as they do not see the messages sent to them.

It would possibly be better if one beacon counted as all 4, but I can see how that would cause issues... maybe if the spam wall of kill codes could be shifted to only give relevant information ie. when something is required by one team or another - or even just not be the default chat?

After playing a bit more I gotta say this is one of the less explained events, and that's saying something for Warframe....

Like, even with Liches, Fortuna, Ropalolyst, Warframes reworked we got enough details to easily understand once we could get our hands on them. Here however are so many what-ifs and possible situations that the details given are just lacking in explaining anything after all. 

Do we get more victory payouts the more Flotillas we participate in?

Do we get a second victory payout after we also reach another rank in the other kind of raid? as in, if in Relay 65 I get 1k points of Murax raids and then do a few runs to get 1k points on Condrix raids do I get 4k Scarlet Credits?

Why nowhere is explained that the cumulative points are only updated after the current Wave is gone and Little Duck gives us our payouts?

Are we out of luck if we arrive late and we don't get to play enough of one or other kind of raid to reach any rank?

What if we leave our relay? any way we can see where we were in case something happens? Decided to leave a Flotilla so I would not hoard a place while I went to eat but then forgot which one I was (or I went to the same one and my rank reset, but am waiting to the ending of the current Wave to check it out).

The final table in the FAQ section is confusing, do we get that amount of points per kill code (and therefore they're cumulative) or do we have to reach that amount of kill codes to have the described amount of points (and therefore, we are getting barely any points after 20m) ?

Lastly, there might be a hella lot of bugs (unless somehow they're intended gameplay and we were not told the right triggers for them), like the Oplink thingie we have to push with our RJ disappearing without a trace after exiting a Murax (and not destroyed since the mission still is active, just there's no oplink thingie to push nor Murax to get into). Also not getting any more kiling codes despite not being that many teams in space compared to ground, lack of matchmaking at Murax invasions (unless the guide is actually wrong and the Murax raids are intended to be done alone), the Condrix sometimes won't open back but there's a tiny hole under it where shot can reach its weakspot, matchmaking also seems lacking there, sometimes I get squadmates sometimes only one was lucky enough to get in....

We desperately need an option to join a Murex Raid in progress so that I don't have to waste time in the Flotilla shouting at randoms to let me play space pirates with them. 

Grind is a waaay too high for the non-arcanes.   *EDIT: Actually, not it isn't. I wasn't aware of the bonus credits little duck emails you afterwards to try to get your number. Oh little duck. 

Archived