Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about when Arcanes went from rank 3 to rank 5

(NSW)Greybones

Wiki doesn't list, and I haven't checked, but Arcanes that were given cooldowns and/or had their proc parameters tweaked will statistically be worse now than they were before at the same rank.

E.g. Barrier now specifically procs from shield damage, so whilst it's still restoring your full amount of shields with the same proc chance, it's actually going to proc a lot less often overall.

Or Grace, which I recall hearing can't be refreshed whilst it's active, meaning you have to hope that 6% chance to proc comes around before you take too much damage. This is overall less uptime of the arcane at the same rank.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Wiki doesn't list, and I haven't checked, but Arcanes that were given cooldowns and/or had their proc parameters tweaked will statistically be worse now than they were before at the same rank.

E.g. Barrier now specifically procs from shield damage, so whilst it's still restoring your full amount of shields with the same proc chance, it's actually going to proc a lot less often overall.

Or Grace, which I recall hearing can't be refreshed whilst it's active, meaning you have to hope that 6% chance to proc comes around before you take too much damage. This is overall less uptime of the arcane at the same rank.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

So that’s 4 + resistances (not sure how many there are of those), right?

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

So that’s 4 + resistances (not sure how many there are of those), right?

Those were just 2 examples, not an exhaustive list. There'll be plenty of others that I didn't mention.

Simply wanted to provide an answer so as to help understand why people feel they have lost something, and why a lot of these Arcanes are worse at Rank 3 despite having the same values as prior to the change.

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Those were just 2 examples, not an exhaustive list. There'll be plenty of others that I didn't mention.

Simply wanted to provide an answer so as to help understand why people feel they have lost something, and why a lot of these Arcanes are worse at Rank 3 despite having the same values as prior to the change.

👍 I gotcha. Hopefully I’ll find out just how many

Edited by (NSW)Greybones