Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit taker phase 1 is the worst thing i've ever played

majorweed

I've been out of warframe for almost 2 years (after my burn out in the plains) and i recently came back to check things up. So i decided to play a bit of fortuna, mostly to see if game designers at DE gained any knowledge following their experience with the plains of eidolon. And oh my god, the first phase for the profit taker heist is really really bad. I mean, only 1 lame reward for 3 steps? With level 45 enemies more dangerous than level 120 corrupted? Jackals, hyenas, rachnoids and nullifers everywhere? I can't begin to understand why this thing has never been modified since it's launch. This is simply the worst thing i've ever played in warframe. On an other note, i really think DE should completly stop making "Open worlds", they're bad at it, and fishing and mining is not fun AT ALL, and it does not count as content. What is warframe now? A japanese mobile game?

Sorry for the ranting and the low level english, but i had to get this out.

• Like 7

Wait till you get to Stage 2 of a so called "Heist" just to do some fishing 😄 (Edit: Oops, fishing was stage 1 ...avoided this for too long)

Honestly i think all of this doesnt feel like a Heist: once you are done with the first 3 stages you ignore them, before that you probably repeat Stage 2 until all remaining braincells are gone and then only do the bossfight if you really enjoy it or want to farm standing. I posted my feedback on this but i doubt they will ever touch it again so i simply avoid this "Heist".

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

I never really bothered with fortuna, there's nothing good that drops there, never did a profit taker fight it doesn't drop anything that I carea bout so why would I bother? Open worlds a not a problem, the problem is that both we have now is basicly a different kind of grind because of mineing. Fishing is alright, as well as animal rescue but mineing is just bad, it should not be removeg just 90% of the things it gives, keep a few the rarest ones and replace everything else with resources that normally drops on the planet so I don't have to mine for 2 or more days just to get garuda or gara.And remove the standing cap from the open world syndicates. It still won't be perfect but much better.

• Like 1

Looks like everything in PoE and fortuna is just meant to waste our time. When i look at theses "open worlds" i don't see a world of possibilities, what i see are mostly defense and mobile defense missions with a few seconds of archwing between each objectives. This is the exact same thing everytime with DE. Look at Railjack, every mission is basically extermination. Scarlet spear? Yay, defense all over the place ! I would like to see DE quit the "big updates" and "open world" buisness for a while so they can have the time and ressources to work on new game modes instead of recycling the same 3 over and over again.

• Like 3

vor 9 Minuten schrieb majorweed:

Looks like everything in PoE and fortuna is just meant to waste our time. When i look at theses "open worlds" i don't see a world of possibilities, what i see are mostly defense and mobile defense missions with a few seconds of archwing between each objectives. This is the exact same thing everytime with DE. Look at Railjack, every mission is basically extermination. Scarlet spear? Yay, defense all over the place ! I would like to see DE quit the "big updates" and "open world" buisness for a while so they can have the time and ressources to work on new game modes instead of recycling the same 3 over and over again.

This is so true. Hope i can up

vor einer Stunde schrieb majorweed:

This is simply the worst thing i've ever played in warframe. On an other note, i really think DE should completly stop making "Open worlds", they're bad at it, and fishing and mining is not fun AT ALL, and it does not count as content. What is warframe now? A japanese mobile game?

vote it 1000 times.

The open world is really a missed opportunity. Many players simply avoid it.
There are a few good ideas. Drive like  hoverboard K-Drive.
There is a lack of good rewards. New mission. As an example, there could be a village that you see like in Tenchu. A stealth mission elimination. Different secret ways to the village. Just integrate a few ideas that are popular in other games into Warframe. You don't always have to reinvent everything

• Like 1

il y a 37 minutes, (PS4)Qjing a dit :

The open world is really a missed opportunity. Many players simply avoid it.
There are a few good ideas. Drive like  hoverboard K-Drive.
There is a lack of good rewards. New mission. As an example, there could be a village that you see like in Tenchu. A stealth mission elimination. Different secret ways to the village. Just integrate a few ideas that are popular in other games into Warframe. You don't always have to reinvent everything

Yeah i would have loved to see more stuff happening in the open worlds, like more NPCs that could give us new objectives. And random encounters other than the lame bounties that pop when you are free roaming. Like, i don't know, a team of ostrons attacked by grineer and needing some protection, or a kid whose dog is lost in a cave and need to find it before returning home. Simple stuff that could bring life to this worlds. And why not some kind of "turf war" system, with the map divided into different regions that we could attack to take control of and then gather materials to reinforce their defense to prevent enemies to take them back. It would have given us a real incentive to go back to the open worlds and a real meaning to our actions because the world and the balance of forces would have changed constantly.

Edited by majorweed
  • Like 3

vor 4 Minuten schrieb majorweed:

Yeah i would have loved to see more stuff happening in the open worlds, like more NPCs that could give us new objectives. And random encounters other than the lame bounties that pop when you are free roaming. Like, i don't know, a team of ostrons attacked by grineer and needing some protection, or a kid whose dog is lost in a cave and need to find it before returning home. Simple stuff that could bring life to this worlds. And why not some kind of "turf war" system, with the map divided into different regions that we could attack to take control of and then gather materials to reinforce their defense to prevent enemies to take them back. It would have given us a real incentive to go back to the open worlds and a real meaning to our actions because the world and the balance of forces would have changed constantly.

+1

I posted all of this in my topic about the Open Worlds aswell basically (going since 2018 after they first released PoE) but nothing happened so far.

• Like 2

I don't mind their difficulty exactly because they are not quite worth the rewards and the funny thing is you Need the rewards to rank up something ( Atmo System ) .

And fishing and mining are fine but just as soon as you get detected,  things are not just get interrupted simply, but BADLY interrupted and usually your current target get broken.

With level 45 enemies more dangerous than level 120 corrupted?

Yep, welcome to the new DE where they cheat with enemy levels. Between Orb Vallis, New Jupiter and the Railjack missions, it's obvious enemy levels mean nothing anymore. It's tiresome and most of all, just bloody tedious.

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Countess_Hapmuhr:

Yep, welcome to the new DE where they cheat with enemy levels. Between Orb Vallis, New Jupiter and the Railjack missions, it's obvious enemy levels mean nothing anymore. It's tiresome and most of all, just bloody tedious.

This.

This bothers em so much since they brought "open worlds", which is a joke on itself, just a big empty map, today everythign can call itself open world if i just slap a big map on, open world means all is connected and not with loading screens for the most part, while here nothing feels connected at all anymore, just one palce after another you go to. And the level, by god, i mean good for those who want "challange", which not even is true challange, just the good old armor and hp scaling and bulletsponges.

Why i avoid Railjack, i want to have fun and progress and not be shredded, not to speak of the already repetetive gameplay, regardless how much you rank your Railjack up, nothing changes unlike some weapons and Warframes can.

Il y a 10 heures, Marine027 a dit :

This bothers em so much since they brought "open worlds", which is a joke on itself, just a big empty map, today everythign can call itself open world if i just slap a big map on, open world means all is connected and not with loading screens for the most part, while here nothing feels connected at all anymore, just one palce after another you go to. And the level, by god, i mean good for those who want "challange", which not even is true challange, just the good old armor and hp scaling and bulletsponges

Yeah that's my feeling exactly. At least i'm almost done with fortuna, since i'm only missing two part for hildryn. After that, juste like the plains, I'm DONE. There no real reason i should go back to this mess. OpEn WorLdS YAY !