Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner here, few questions

-DL-Zyric

Question

I know these questions are being asked a lot, but I haven't found anything "new" and I don't know if some things changed. 

1. I maxed out Excalibur. Since he is the only one that I have, I grinded for other warframes. Since I don't like Rhino ( I don't like tanks ), I got myself all Valkyr parts and all Nyx parts. Which one of these 2 have some similarity to Excalibur? I don't mind if warframe is hard, I just love to use melee weapons. And in your opinion, which one is better? I have a lot of materials so building them is not a problem. 

2. I maxed out Skana and Cronus. I sold Skana to have more slots. I've read that Broken War is good but I'm not close to Neptune yet. I have a lot of credits ( ? ), around 350k. I don't mind buying blueprints from market, but which one should I choose? I don't like slow weapons. Maybe Dual Kamas? I'm mastery rank 4. 

3. With new weapons and warframes, where should I level them up? I'm guessing Earth since they are all low levels? 

Thanks a lot and sorry for dumb questions!

7 answers to this question

nyx and valkyr boht have abilities that make them literally invulnerable to damage  basically you got the tankiest frames in the game

ash does  a lot of damage, can strip all enemy armor if needed too and it actually fits the space ninja theme as well, can survive with his invisibility but hes not a tank

helene on satunr, hydron on sedna, sanctuary onslaught are good places to level, avoid elite sanctuary onslaught for now

Edited by Sharkgoblin
  • Like 1

first Welcome to the forums Tenno ^.^ 

1 - All frame are quite unique but long answer short Nyx is a crowd control like frame and Valkyr is a berseker both with immortality abillity.

2- Depends of what types of melee you like ? Swords , Scythe , gunblade , Heavy sword etc?

3- For low level prety much any survival but in the future simaris sanctuary aunslaught or even hydron on sedna ^.^ 

No question is dump dont worry ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

greetings new tenno 

valkyr is also like excal but she is probably classified as juggernaut/tank status due to her 4s capability (just a note for ya)

1. any frame can be powerful or capable it all depends on how you build its setup, some frames are easier, but I would recommend having a few different types of frames to help you out on various missions, def,caster,healer,cc, damage,stealth ect as roles differ in missions 
  2. id say try out as many weapons as you can and figure which really syncs with your play style, if you complete junctions you will get weapon BP so that can help you expand your horizions
  3. for earth the coba mission grants XP bonus as its a dark sector , and its one i typically frequent 

Be careful when asking "which one is better?" because 90% of Warframe is personal preference.

Also, how good or bad a warframe/weapon is depends a lot on how many good mods you currently own. For example, some weapons in this game will only preform well if you build them for 'critical chance' and 'critical damage'. But if you don't own any mods that can increase those stats then the weapon will appear to be terrible when you try it. As to your questions:

1) Valkyr is closer to Excalibur but Nyx is easier to use. However, if you love melee combat you will probably want Valkyr because she is melee oriented and Nyx focuses on crowd control.

2) I don't know. I remember using Dual Skanas and Ether Swords a lot but that was seven years ago. I have no idea if they are still decent beginner weapons.

3) You level up stuff faster on missions that have lots of enemies. Initially that means Defense and Survival missions. Look for the "Dark Sector" nodes because they give you boosts. Later on Sanctuary Onslaught missions will level stuff up much faster.

1 hour ago, janjicm said:

1. I maxed out Excalibur. Since he is the only one that I have, I grinded for other warframes. Since I don't like Rhino ( I don't like tanks ), I got myself all Valkyr parts and all Nyx parts. Which one of these 2 have some similarity to Excalibur? (...)

2. I maxed out Skana and Cronus. I sold Skana to have more slots. I've read that Broken War is good but I'm not close to Neptune yet. I have a lot of credits ( ? ), around 350k. I don't mind buying blueprints from market, but which one should I choose? I don't like slow weapons. Maybe Dual Kamas? I'm mastery rank 4. 

3. With new weapons and warframes, where should I level them up? I'm guessing Earth since they are all low levels? 

Thanks a lot and sorry for dumb questions!

1. Excalibur abilities are focused on Melee, with a single ability focused on light, but effective, Crowd Control. Excalibur is also a heavily player skills dependent Warframe, which means that its overall efficiency increases with how good you are at playing with it.

• This is something that you will not find with Valkyr, which is not as heavily dependent on the player as Excalibur due to its 1000+ base armor values. Valkyr itself is focused on target supression, and its abilities heavily reflect that intent.
  • This is something that you will not find on Nyx, which is even less dependent on the player as Excalibur due to its abilities. Nyx revolves around preemptive crowd control, and its abilities reflect it perfectly. It also has less armor than Excalibur.

2. You can get relatively good Melee weapons from the Market. In fact, a few of my weapons that remained in my Inventory due to their undeniable effectiveness had their blueprints bought on the Market and built them on my Foundry. Your mod collection and knowing which one to apply on your Melee weapon, which includes knowing your weapon intimately (No puns intended here), will also define how effective those weapons really are.

3. The game revolves around grinding, as its the system of any Online game, to get the things you want. This includes, obviously, resources to build the stuff you want on your Foundry. But to level them up, it really depends on the Warframe/weapon that you're using at the time. Some weapons are so effectively bad that taking them to Mercury, which is their intended "game section" to be used in, results in two months of consecutive grinding to Max Rank them (Yes, I'm looking at both of you, Twin Vipers and Twin Gremlins!). Others can be used perfectly well to unlock more mission nodes and clear Junctions to open up more planets.

Just keep in mind this:

Max Ranking things to increase your Mastery Rank is usually misinterpreted as something to fill in order to be used for moronic and unfruitful ePeen comparison. It allows you to experience different weapons and warframes and choose the type that fits best for you, which is why there are different weapon types for each Primary, Secondary and Melee. Take your time, use them and learn with your personal experience. Then, choose your own equipment set and run with it. I can guarantee you that if you choose well, you'll end up with a build that will last for years with small adaptations, depending on which mod is released and IF its really good enough to be used.

Edited by Uhkretor

1. Valkyr is the better melee frame. She has that invulnerability skill, but her forte is her second skill, which increases armor and attack speed. There's a mod that adds duration to that skill whenever you kill an enemy with your melee weapon... so, pop that skill and go ham with any melee weapon.

2. I don't know many good, low MR weapons. Glaive carried me through all the starchart when I started (I used Valkyr at the time as well). I'd recommend you unlock Neptune quickly, so you can get lots of credits and literally buy every single blueprint in the market and clan. Then, you'd increase your MR and have a lot more better weapons to play with.

3. Earth is garbage to level up, even if you're new to the game. Start with Ceres (dark sectors, for bonus affinity and higher resource drop chance) to get some rare resources as well. Dark sectors have Infested enemies and they are the squishiest enemies in the game. Then, once you have a slightly higher MR, move up to Jupiter defense (IIRC, Helene) and finally Sedna defense (Hydron), both are Grineer missions. Grineer enemies give the most affinity (Dark sectors give only a fart of affinity when compared to Grineer missions). It's important to rank up your mods to at least rank 4~5 as well, so you can actually help your team in those Grineer missions I mentioned.