The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think the nail is in the coffin?

InsuranceFraud

On 2020-04-08 at 8:48 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

Warframe is like a house essentially. A house needs a steady foundation first to build and expand upon it, what DE are doing the opposite of that, they have a shaky and broken foundation and yet, they still are adding more and more without fixing said foundation and will break.

They need to stop adding new content and put it on a hold for now and fix all the broken/unbalanced systems and mechanics they’ve been neglecting to fix before adding more content to be honest. Here is a list of all the big things they should do before adding new content in my opinion:

• Better new player experience & explanation of systems (Warframe doesn’t hold your hand which is nice, but I don’t wanna have open the Wiki for every detail that isn’t explained in the game)
  • Better PvP (Should it be removed? If not, then balance and fix it if it’s going to stay in the game. Make the mods and such you acquire transfer into PVE as well)
  • PoE, Fortuna, Railjack & Kuva Liches to an extent (Make them actually connect through out the game instead of them being their own separate islands)
  • Remove Rivens or at least balance it (While yes, this one is controversial, it’s a needed one. Why? Simple, it did buff the weapons that were weak and/or not as used but on the other hand it essentially buffed the powerful weapons even more. If not remove them, then balance it)
  • Start genuinely listening to the community (Another controversial one, but it’s a much needed one in my opinion. They’ve lost touch in the community in my eyes)

There’s so much more that I could add, but those are some major key points that I think they should work on instead of adding more content for the sake of content, just my two cents though.

I think you're right with what you say here, and especially with regards to PvP.

I think the majority of Warframe's recent difficulties (read: unwelcome updates) are due to the fact that they're pushing them out super fast to keep up with the "content drought." The great thing about PvP is that it gives an endgame activity with infinite replayability. If PvP were popular, then players who "finish" the PvE content will head there to test their skills, instead of heading to the forums to complain about a drought. This would end up taking the heat off the dev team so they can make the PvE updates far more polished. 

I think if they had one team member checking the conclave section of the forum for bug reports maybe once every two weeks or so, that would be enough to keep conclave relatively bug-free and therefore it would become popular. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Pot-Kettle-Black-Irony?

I have a mind of my own, that does not 'believe' in things like 'sin' and the Lord has nothing to do with this topic, IMO.

Your atheism is not my concern. 

I think most of the complainers do, in fact, sound like privileged people who seem to think that just because they no longer enjoy something, no one should.

But there is proof, analysis, numbers, demonstrations and videos showing what is going on. Privileged people, how? We are not throwing a bootleg into the rim. DE is doing that. We are calling them out. Pretty simple. 

You and others do not agree...such is life in a complex and grey world.

Is it gray? Or do you simply don't like the idea how much your game of predilection sucks? 

You are the one claiming the game is dead and still here trying to convince everyone else of your personal delusion, this is what our civilization has come to, angry gamers allowed to spout nonsense and get mad when called on it, seeing themsleves as some sort of saviours to the masses...

Take a look at the numbers and see why churn is happening. 

How about if we insult the people and call them name like you are doing right now. Is that how you address a discussion? You are simply free to leave this thread. No one holds you back.  

Please do continue to live your life on your terms and I will do the same, thanks!

No one stops ya. 

16 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

In your subjective opinion.

Pad yourself in the back with that. Let see how far you can go with it. 

DE is killing their own game. 

Hint: they are not playing their own game. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

Take a look at the numbers and see why churn is happening.  

Churn happens with all Live games and player numbers for WF continue to rise based on the same management team you have been quoting in your attempts to make people think the game is dying...thier players numbers do not agree with you...this year will be lean for a lot of companies now and DE lost cash lst year, so we will see what happens...

The reason is the same one it always is for Live games - it appeals to some more than others.

I really found it funny you were thinking you could be so derogatory toward others, yet if someone reflects that back, you claim it's name calling...I find that level of irony really funny and very gamer-typical...

I make no predictions about anything...my POV is simply that the level of vitriol you and others spew toward DE and the players who support thier direction is immature and irrelevent in the big pisture, as good gamers know rants when they see them, IME.

Also, I think it's hilarious you and others have such a hard-on to make DE do your bidding, thinking you are somehow the saviours...this level of self-importance about a video game from players is something I find very fascinating to watch...all Live game have these players...the brain chemistry involved is just really interesting to me to me...

To me, is sounds like a bunch of people have discovered teenagers have sex and that 'something has to be done'...it really is hilarious...I have watched you do this for the entire time I have been playing and enjoying the game, even as player numbers continue to rise...

• Like 4

TBH im lately I havent feel compeled with the game, even my clan mates have moved to FF14 over WF, we see the potential here but looks like DE its just milking what they can at this point, 2019 was a meh year from all the updates the ones I likes where gas city, dog days, fortuna and the new infested enemies introduced in Nithwave 2.

From witch we only have at the momen

1- gas city tileset.

2- Fortuna(not playing it )

The new infested enemies that where said to be used in the rest of infested tileset are nowhere to be seen. 

6 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Churn happens with all Live games and player numbers for WF continue to rise based on the same management team you have been quoting in your attempts to make people think the game is dying...thier players numbers do not agree with you...this year will be lean for a lot of companies now and DE lost cash lst year, so we will see what happens...

The management team will DENY the truth because they can't show you a loosing battle. This is basic PR talk. There is evidence showing the increase of churn. 

The reason is the same one it always is for Live games - it appeals to some more than others.

I really found it funny you were thinking you could be so derogatory toward others, yet if someone reflects that back, you claim it's name calling...I find that level of irony really funny and very gamer-typical...

I never where derogatory. You are accusing without proof. Good. 

I make no predictions about anything...my POV is simply that the level of vitriol you and others spew toward DE and the players who support thier direction is immature and irrelevent in the big pisture, as good gamers know rants when they see them, IME.

Also, I think it's hilarious you and others have such a hard-on to make DE do your bidding, thinking you are somehow the saviours...this level of self-importance about a video game from players is something I find very fascinating to watch...all Live game have these players...the brain chemistry involved is just really interesting to me to me...

To me, is sounds like a bunch of people have discovered teenagers have sex and that 'something has to be done'...it really is hilarious...I have watched you do this for the entire time I have been playing and enjoying the game, even as player numbers continue to rise...

Vitroil? Look at your own post. You are throwing insults like a loaded Prime Corinth with Multishot mod.

lol.  

35 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

1. The problem here is that we do not want the game to die. But DE's actions shows no regard to what they have made. They are just throwing it away because THEY STOPPED believing in their own project. 

You are wrong with that, they are still diehard fans of their own game and you can see it when Steve does his own streams or when they do dev streams.

They just don't believe in what vision you have. They have their own vision and are making their own path. If you just listen to them you can see the big picture they are aiming for.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Proof?

Just quote most of your comments on this page?

You have been trying to convince players for years that DE hates thier own game and is trying to kill it, yet you think this is not derogatory?

Fascinating brain chemistry you have there...

4 minutes ago, Kajin_Style said:

You are wrong with that,

Am I? You think I'm the only one who think this? Many of us are experiencing the decline. It's pretty obvious. 

they are still diehard fans of their own game  

ROFLMMAO. 

Thank you for that one. You are a nice guy. 

They just don't believe in what vision you have. They have their own vision and are making their own path. If you just listen to them you can see the big picture they are aiming for.

They don't owe me anything. I'm not asking for a vision. I'm judging based on history

On 2020-04-08 at 11:03 PM, VitalAmprex said:

Honestly, with the release of scarlet spear in its poor state, the poor reception of pitches, the less than stellar release of railjack... do you think DE could reverse the course of Warframe this year?

What would YOU ask them to do, or what would you do first to fix Warframe.

I agree that warframe revised was a step in the right direction. 

Revert the Arcane Changes altogether and buff ONLY THOSE nobody were using before. Also on the idea STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN!!!

Fix the bugs and make the current content playable. These need fixing, not the rest.

Stop nerfing everything that makes the already horrible grind in this game remotely tolerable.

Listen to freaking feedback and read your god damn mega-threads.

Stop making any new ressources a "Rare" one so we dont spend hours on synthetic "hours of play".

How about making fun content again?

Bring back endless mission with suitable rewards in order to stay a long time in there.

And tell Leysou ( or whatever the name that Chinese company holding majority of DE now) to let DE handle the game, they bought DE two years ago and WF been slowly circling the drain ever since, i do not believe in coincidences.

As you can tell, very happy customer right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Zimzala said:

Just quote most of your comments on this page?

You have been trying to convince players for years that DE hates thier own game and is trying to kill it, yet you think this is not derogatory?

Fine, you don't know what derogatory means. 

Just now, Zimzala said:

Fascinating brain chemistry you have there...

I'm not trying to convince people that the game is dying. I'm simply posting my opinion. It's informed, there is proof and there are thousands of videos saying the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Fine, you don't know what derogatory means. 

I'm not trying to convince people that the game is dying. I'm simply posting my opinion. It's informed, there is proof and there are thousands of videos saying the same thing. 

So why not tell us what game you are comparing Warframe to, hm?

What wonderous game dev team out there that is doing a better job than Warframe's dev team.

10 minutes ago, Bacl said:

STOP FIXING THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN!!!

Except it was btoken. They didn't want certain things to proc as much as they were so they fixed it. Just because it's not broken to you doesn't mean that's not what the team at DE want for their game. Adapt and get better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kajin_Style said:

So why not tell us what game you are comparing Warframe to, hm?

I'm talking about the decline of their own performance. 

What wonderous game dev team out there that is doing a better job than Warframe's dev team.

Hello games, No Man Sky in every DLC they released. When there where problems they addressed the issues. Their game creative content is playable. They care for the delivery. They started from zero to ten. 

They surpassed their own vision. That is passion and dedication. 

Another game is Horizon Zero Dawn. Guerrilla performance was stellar. Their DLC improved the game to unprecedented heights. Their DLC paid packs where nothing short of amazing. These people packs delivery. 

Another game example is Spider Man. Lots of DLC and bug fixes. Insomniac committed to their game with hard work and delivery. There are many more examples like Santa Monica Studios among many others. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Except it was btoken. They didn't want certain things to proc as much as they were so they fixed it. Just because it's not broken to you doesn't mean that's not what the team at DE want for their game. Adapt and get better.

DE downgraded items because of their own fault. Why they make it broken in the first place? Answer, they don't play their own game. 

LMAO, reminds me the LICH that strikes fear on warframe players.

This Lich carries a radioactive Bramma with 50% damage.

Edited by Felsagger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

If you are refering to the arcanes change well DE killed the little "Endgame" we had left.

Now these Arcanes are the same as mods and the bits that pisses me off are: "For build diversity" and "no extra grind requires".

Most Arcanes got five nerfs overall but some of them got only one buff in return. Previously the Arcanes were not game breaking because they were hard to get and you could perfectly play without them BUT having arcanes were opening possibilities and variations.

Now not only they killed the build variety with all those subtle changes but you need to grind more in order to not get where you started from and the system was working fine for years, nobody complained about it.

So not game breaking, no complaining and a sudden change under two false pretenses?

Yes i m pissed because all the time and effort invested in getting the damn things just got washed away like cray on a the street under a heavy rain.

#*!% yeah i m pissed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I'm talking about the decline of their own performance. 

Hello games, No Man Sky in every DLC they released. When there where problems they addressed the issues. Their game creative content is playable. They care for the delivery. They started from zero to ten. 

They surpassed their own vision. That is passion and dedication. 

Another game is Horizon Zero Dawn. Guerrilla performance was stellar. Their DLC improved the game to unprecedented heights. Their DLC paid packs where nothing short of amazing. These people packs delivery. 

Another game example is Spider Man. Lots of DLC and bug fixes. Insomniac committed to their game with hard work and delivery. There are many more examples like Santa Monica Studios among many others. 

No Man's Sky was the butt of jokes until recently after they released many updates to make up for all their lies. This is a horrible example to use.

Horizon Zero Dawn does not have to make content year after year. Try again.

Spider-man is another one that won't be getting constant updates and content. After a while it'll be complete and that's that. So..any other examples that we can compare DE towards?

Try a studio with an MMO like game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bacl said:

If you are refering to the arcanes change well DE killed the little "Endgame" we had left.

Now these Arcanes are the same as mods and the bits that pisses me off are: "For build diversity" and "no extra grind requires".

Most Arcanes got five nerfs overall but some of them got only one buff in return. Previously the Arcanes were not game breaking because they were hard to get and you could perfectly play without them BUT having arcanes were opening possibilities and variations.

Now not only they killed the build variety with all those subtle changes but you need to grind more in order to not get where you started from and the system was working fine for years, nobody complained about it.

So not game breaking, no complaining and a sudden change under two false pretenses?

Yes i m pissed because all the time and effort invested in getting the damn things just got washed away like cray on a the street under a heavy rain.

#*!% yeah i m pissed!

Agreed completely. 

DE must respect customer's time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kajin_Style said:

No Man's Sky was the butt of jokes until recently after they released many updates to make up for all their lies. This is a horrible example to use.

Yes, according to you. 

Horizon Zero Dawn does not have to make content year after year. Try again.

But they did that throughout the span of the delivery. They supported at launch and they supported it for four years consistently.  

Spider-man is another one that won't be getting constant updates and content. After a while it'll be complete and that's that. So..any other examples that we can compare DE towards?

They improved the game and made it better throughout the lifespan of the game. 

Try a studio with an MMO like game.

We are comparing their own performance. Warframe is a hybrid genre. No other game is like it. 

5 minutes ago, GTX49 said:

Honestly .. i skipped the whole thing, along with liches :3 

Well you shouldn't. I can believe i am going to write this...

Now is the time to get all the Arcanes you didnt have before because putting aside the grind, it is in fact the easiest we ever had in order to collect them and it would be stupid to pass on the occasion.

Now unless you already have everything you need arcane wise well your not missing much.

FFS they killed Eidolons with that as well, i dont have much left to do in this game at this point....

Edited by Bacl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bacl said:

Well you shouldn't. I can believe i am going to write this...

Now is the time to get all the Arcanes you didnt have before because putting aside the grind, it is in fact the easiest we ever had in order to collect them and it would be stupid to pass on the occasion.

Now unless you already have everything you need arcane wise well your not missing much.

FFS they killed Eidolons with that as well, i dont have much less to do in this game at this point....

i miss some Arcanes, but for my way of playing.. having them is same as not having them

I got everything i want in my builds.. endless damage and endless survivability 

3 minutes ago, Bacl said:

FFS they killed Eidolons with that as well, i dont have much left to do in this game at this point....

I think DE is saying good bye to Warframe. 

1. Primed chamber was given. 

2. Almost free arcane in scarlet spear. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

Yes, according to you. 

According to everyone who heard of No Man's Sky up until like middle of last year when people started to realize No Man's sky has finally lived up to its promises. Now let's see how they do for the next couple of years, then maybe you can compared them to DE if they haven't improved Warframe.

6 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

We are comparing their own performance. Warframe is a hybrid genre. No other game is like it. 

And yet, without a comparison of a better game like it or company operating a game like it. How can you criticize them so harshly? That part doesn't make sense.

• Like 1